Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creepy Room in Lua

xiaodenden

We encountered this area when we were working on my riven mod challenge.  Those huge structures look like giant pods that are storing or growing something.  What makes it even more creepy is the ghosts roaming around from pod to pod as if they're monitoring the pods.  This area is really huge which also adds to the creepiness of the place even though it's all shiny and Orokin-fancy.  This area is more intact than other parts of Lua.  tumblr_ohy7kmuJeP1qgwr82o1_1280.jpg

More under spoiler

Spoiler

tumblr_ohy7kmuJeP1qgwr82o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohy7kmuJeP1qgwr82o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ohy7kmuJeP1qgwr82o4_1280.jpg

It's amazing how big this area is and yet in all the time I've played on the Lua tile that I've never encountered it.  I love exploring the maps of Warframe.  One can always find something new (and weird).

My theory on the trees/plants are that they're organic fiber wires/conduits, which is supported by several locations running these things as some sort of cabling. They're neat, that they have the dual purpose of being decorations!

Perhaps this is where the Orokin grew them, or maybe these store information as a sort of organic hard drive.

I also noted these as being new, at least since around April when I played last.

41 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

My theory on the trees/plants are that they're organic fiber wires/conduits, which is supported by several locations running these things as some sort of cabling. They're neat, that they have the dual purpose of being decorations!

Perhaps this is where the Orokin grew them, or maybe these store information as a sort of organic hard drive.

I also noted these as being new, at least since around April when I played last.

That's a good possibility.  Orokins do like their trees as wires in their architecture and ships.  I hope we get to see more unusual rooms in future updates.

33 minutes ago, Implodingbanana said:

I like to think this is where they tested on the tenno. or maybe kept them there to monitor. Not sure though.

does anyone know if there is a more solid theory? or if there's actual lore connected to these rooms?

Oooh, I like your idea even more and it does make sense.  It's pretty fun so far to hear other players' theory as to the purpose of that room, but I too would love to hear from the designers if there is actual lore connected to these rooms.