Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Warframe

OuTest

Question

4 answers to this question

I agree with @mustache_kitteh that it's better to rely on Rhino's crowd control ability than his Iron Skin.  If you rely on his Iron Skin too much early in game, you develop the bad habit of not learning to be mobile and not getting shot at by the enemy.  His Stomp as crowd control and Roar as team support are a lot more useful especially in late game.  It's ok if you're just starting out to focus more on the defense aspect of Rhino, but as you progress in the star chart, you should focus more on the crowd control and team support aspect instead.  Nobody likes a selfish Rhino, but everybody will appreciate a roaring, stomping Rhino.  I would go with a general build to start with, meaning keeping everything positive and not use corrupted mods, and then make adjustments later to suit more of your play style.  This way you can learn and use all of his skills first and specialize once you figure out your style.

A great build for him revolves around power strength and armor. Focusing more for defensive stats than offensive ones are preferable, since his damage from Rhino Stomp falls off quite quickly later game.

Modding for Strength, Duration and Armor is your best bet. Vitality, Blind Rage, Primed Flow, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Continuity/Continuity, Steel Fiber and another mod of your choosing (Iron Shrapnel or Ironclad Charge work great, but I personally use Stretch for a bit extra range.)

Aura and Exilus slots, you can slap anything you want in them. Power Drift is a nice choice, but really anything goes with Rhino :P

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Honestly in late game Iron skin and any kind of damage rhino does falls off greatly. It's best to build around his CC with the 4th skill since that will still cause stronger enemies to be stuck in the air for a bit, giving you time to kill them or run away. To build around his CC is to give it more range and duration. Though you still want some strength since iron skill could save you from being 1 shot. 

FWIW, this is my general use build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Transient Fortitude, Stretch
Streamline, Primed Continuity
Vitality, Steel Fiber
Ironclad Charge, Iron Shrapnel
[Zenurik Focus]

Charge through a group of enemies to up your Armor a whole bunch,
then use that temporary boost to (freely re-)cast a massive Iron Skin.
Some Range & Duration for Roar & Stomp because Squad support = yes,
Energy costs are totally managable once Zenurik kicks in.

Or, go for max Range & Efficiency Stomp spam to cheese e.g. Interception / (Mobile) Defense Sorties :D