Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE fix jumping off ziplines

AdunSaveMe

If I jump off a zipline, it should go where I'm aiming. Not off to the side, not in another direction, not ten meters past where I wanted to go.

You can't just drop off a zipline, or take a short jump off it to a nearby location. You fling yourself off in a direction like you've just bullet jumped, and most of the time it's not even the direction you're aiming in. it makes ziplines more trouble than they're worth to even try and use.

If you're holding a movement key, it should go where you're aiming, and launch you forwards at the speed it currently does. If you're NOT holding any movement keys, it should just let you hop or drop straight off, in the direction you're aiming. Like if the zipline was a surface, it would be the same height and momentum as a normal standing jump.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

21 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

If I jump off a zipline, it should go where I'm aiming. Not off to the side, not in another direction, not ten meters past where I wanted to go.

You can't just drop off a zipline, or take a short jump off it to a nearby location. You fling yourself off in a direction like you've just bullet jumped, and most of the time it's not even the direction you're aiming in. it makes ziplines more trouble than they're worth to even try and use.

20 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Fix toggling a Zip line from a mile away on the ground.

If I want to get on a zip line I'll jump to it,  thanks.

So much yes for these 2

On 10/12/2016 at 4:50 PM, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

It especially hurts for Ivara, who has an ability that uses ziplines, but it's pretty useless when they mess up your angle.

*Points downwards at a 40 degree angle to aim at a ledge*
*presses space*
*goes flying out into the air in another direction entirely*

It's so bad. It's one of the things I hate most about Ivara, just trying to deal with bloody ziplines.

Also, the fact that you can't press X to jump onto another one really annoys me, because it makes it even more difficult with the wonky jumping.