Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Players cant use Transference on classic controls

(PSN)mjcato-gamesrule

Just now, (PS4)mjcato-gamesrule said:

mines the right d-pad 

So when you tap that, does it cast focus, or did you have to press and hold? Cause they changed how it worked mechanically...You press and hold to cast focus, or tap for transference. At least that is how it worked on PC. So if you had your "tap to cast" thing inverted, which is an option on PC at least, that could solve your issue.

I use swipe right on the touchpad, any suggestions how I should use focus ability instead of transference?

On the controller options it's just listed as Power E, so I'm stuck. I would like a one touch activation for both...

Maybe if there was a power F the way I had presumed it would be listed...

Any suggestions? Please?

Ok - DE I truely enjoy WF but the TWW really caused issues for PS4 players from a controller standpoint. IMO the primary issue is you have mapped 'Power' E to both "FOCUS" and "Transference". This caused a great amount of consternation for me specifically and probably others because the last stage of the event we did not know about both abilities being mapped to the same button (just different gesture). This caused great confuse when fighting those enemies in the last stage - I simply did not know what was going on. I got through the stage and finished the event so no continued gripes about the event itself. Now I go into mission after the event - I discover I cannot use my Focus ability (per my custom mapping) - I keep activating Transference every time - unknown to me was that my custom control configuration was causing the problem. So I went to a low level extermination mission to test things out - this is when I find out Power E are used to activate both abilities and only the action on the button/touch-pad determined which was activated. Furthermore if you broke the Power E (meaning tried to assign power E to anything other than the default - for me its 'D-Pad RB' & Hold/TAP on touchpad) - you can ONLY activate Transference. Focus is simply not available to me. So as a work around I went back to the default classic controller - left the Power E assignment as default and reassigned 'consumable use to R3 (push). But this caused me to lose the ability to use 'secondary/alt fire' ,which R3 was assigned by default, when I found out you cannot assign 'secondary/alt fire' to the touch-pad. I simply have no where to put secondar/alt fire with my custom configuration. So when I want to use secondary/alt firing weapon I will need to assign it to button which is currently assigned to something which I hoping won't need for that particular mission. This to me is not a good thing from a player usability standpoint - the loss of functionality due to a controller mapping limitation.

The most straight forward solution to this problem (from a PS4 player usability standpoint & not a development/coding standpoint) would be to create a 'Power F' assign it 'Transference' - then allow 'Power F' to be assigned to a gesture on the touch-pad.

Just my input on this DE - please,please listen to the constructive feedback from your PS4 user base.

Edited by (PS4)Brokewilly

13 hours ago, (PS4)mjcato-gamesrule said:

Console Players cant use Transference on classic controls 

on boss fight of quest i had to change my controls which ive used for over 2 years just to use transference, is there currently no way to use it on the classic controls? 

Alright my friends let me tell you how I did this. You all most likely have your focus ability set on your D- pad just like this beautiful guy right here. The "E - power" needs to be set on the right axis and the the D - pad button needs to be "quick ability map" or something named like that. 

"B-but joey... how do you use both of them when there is only one option to use them?" Well you hold the button for the focus ability and tap the button to transference. For some reason this works and I haven't had any problems so far but the only thing is that I can't use it when I'm extraction. Maybe it's just supposed to be that way? 

I think a power F would solve all of this too. Or let us map using 'tap' or 'hold' on the controller.

As it stands I cannot use the focus ability, I've tried holding down touch pad, swiping right and holding etc. 

I REALLY don't want to change my controller set up after nearly 3 years. (Secondary fire gave me a few issues, but I worked around it, Vauban and Ivara work just fine with the tap and hold system and my setup)

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks, but no. There is no short o long version of a swipe.

Once you swipe the touch pad that's it, your transference kicks in. I've even tried swiping and holding, but it doesn't work. 

If I could map a power F, that would solve it in seconds, or even power E tap and hold would work.

Any other suggestions, apart from use a different controller setup?

it is a little harder to cast your Focus Ability now, as I use default controls and have to hold L1 quite firmly, I don't get why they added that when pressing the touchpad does it already: I don't want nor need two ways to enter transference, I want my Focus ability when I press L1 & R1 and nothing else. If I need transference, I'll hit the touchpad.

controllers are one of those few instances where options actually DO hurt. let's keep it simple and have each button combo doing just ONE thing.

3 hours ago, (PS4)SinPsy1 said:

Thanks, but no. There is no short o long version of a swipe.

Once you swipe the touch pad that's it, your transference kicks in. I've even tried swiping and holding, but it doesn't work. 

If I could map a power F, that would solve it in seconds, or even power E tap and hold would work.

Any other suggestions, apart from use a different controller setup?

You may be forced to change your controller set-up. What I had to do with the classic set-up was work around the default Power E mapping (D-Pad RB & Touchpad Hold/Tap) - just don't touch what ever Power E is assigned to. Try to assign as many buttons to reflect your existing configuration as possible - you will probably be a short button for something because not everything can be mapped to the touch-pad ('consumables use' for example). When I leave the Power E button assignment default - I am able to use my Focus by pressing & holding D-Pad RB and I can use my Transference by just tapping the D-Pad RB. This work around resulting in a loss of secondary/alt fire for me because I had to reassign 'consumable use' to R3 but I can live with it for now (won't be using the Quanta Vandal for a bit:( ). Everyone I know who use the default controller set-up do not seem to experience any issues with the two abilities being mapped to Power E- mainly because they are comfortable with the default config. I feel your pain about changing your controller even a little bit - muscle memory takes awhile to overcome. I have think for half sec when I need to use a consumable since it used to assigned to D-Pad RB but now its be assigned to R3. Hopefully a fix will come at some point. Good luck:)/

Edited by (PS4)Brokewilly