Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Should Just Go Through With It ; It's Time For Solo Players To Give Multiplayer Another Shot

AtroSpiker

A steady stream of progress sucks players into the game too much that they don't have time to make friends or interact with people, they just join a clan and they keep doing their own thing, then once they have what they want and they are satisfied with whatever they've achieved, they stop playing. No friends, no player interaction, no problem.

But it's because of that, the game becomes much less fun and more repetitive and boring. Those who make friends and interact with their clan members will login and have fun and play together for a short time on Sortie or PvP, or whatever it may be, maybe even fashion-frame or relaxing in the relays and chatting on region. However those things are really ephemeral.

We need something that will last. Another reason to login aside from progress and daily login rewards, and the lies within an improvement in the social aspect of the game. How will DE do it? I don't know, even I'm not too sure for a game like Warframe, but I would love to see Warframe a more well rounded game and the clan daily missions seem close to this idea. Maybe a racing game?

TL;DR: I want those who have had bad experiences and became solo players to want to give playing with others another shot again. Something that's fun and encouraging as well as engaging, so that you don't log off after doing your dailies or only come back whenever there's new content.

Also stop being extremely dismissive. Like sheesh so much pushing out of context. =/

Edited by AtroSpiker

The game is doing quite fine, as are multiple mmos. Where are your figures that forced multiplayer games, especially ones which are not competitive, last longer? This is a PvE game. Not PvP competitive fair, though that is an option in the game if you want it.

Edited by UrielColtan

58 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

95% of my Warframe experience is solo. Not by choice, mind you.. it's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Sure, it's a multiplayer game at it's core but to exclude the solo aspect would be a mistake, imo. Alienate alot of players.

You guys are irrelevant. The invisible minority. You are only holding us back from reaching greater potential.

Edited by AtroSpiker

6 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

There needs to be more player interaction with each other and I'm not talking about raids/trials. I'm talking about stuff that you are pretty much screwed if you don't go and make a friend or two to come along with you. Games with better social aspects survive way longer than games that are purely focused on progression and progress.

And games that force you to play with other people and don't allow you to play solo don't survive at all.

Just now, UrielColtan said:

The game is doing quite fine, as are multiple mmos. Where are your figures hat forced multiplayer games which are not comptetive, last longer?This is a PvE game. Not PvP competetive fair, though that is an option in the game if you want it.

Yes I know it's doing quite fine. But it's still missing a lot of things that could make it better and more attractive to a different crowd other than the progression junkies who want to collect and max everything.

I'd be careful with the wording here. The game should be playable with both solo and multiplayer in mind.

In the clan that I'm in, I usually keep to myself and just play by myself or with randoms. However, i do hop into a conversation here and there. You make it sound like I HAVE to make friends or else the game is boring to me, which is not true in any sense. DE provides raids and clan events. That's perfectly fair to me. The game is lasting perfectly fine

Reading this after playing the game for almost three years straight and diving into aspects of the game where some have to be done solo, others with a group, I have no idea what you're referring to here.  This game is based around choice, not forced gameplay, as that's how it grows to be something worth playing.  While it is a multiplayer game, DE will lose a huge part of their player base if the day ever comes where they say "fck those solo players".  People need options in every way, and some people just want to be able to play by themselves for a while.

#goteamintrovert 

5 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

A steady stream of progress sucks players into the game too much that they don't have time to make friends or interact with people, they just join a clan and they keep doing their own thing, then once they have what they want and they are satisfied with whatever they've achieved, they stop playing. No friends, no player interaction, no problem.

So what? Just because SOME people want to keep to themselves means we should make it our problem and force them to play with us?

Oh yeah, they hate playing with other players. So let's make them play with us!

Great results you'll have there buddy...

...about as great of results as when they leave the game for not letting them play how they want too.

TL:DR - Boo hoo you don't have more people to play with you, get over yourself.

1 minute ago, EchoesOfRain said:

I'd be careful with the wording here. The game should be playable with both solo and multiplayer in mind.

In the clan that I'm in, I usually keep to myself and just play by myself or with randoms. However, i do hop into a conversation here and there. You make it sound like I HAVE to make friends or else the game is boring to me, which is not true in any sense. DE provides raids and clan events. That's perfectly fair to me. The game is lasting perfectly fine

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I'd like to see your statistical information.

So soloing is so much fun am I right?

Not meeting new interesting Tenno and making new friends...if you're fine with that then okay.

Just now, AtroSpiker said:

So soloing is so much fun am I right?

Not meeting new interesting Tenno and making new friends...if you're fine with that then okay.

That's not facts.

You're just pretending solo players aren't common, because you don't think it's fun, so you want to give everyone the boot who doesn't share your opinion.

5 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

You guys are irrelevant. The invisible minority. You are only holding us back.

lol. Just...lol!
How dare you to decide for other people? Especially when it comes to comunication questions?
There are may be so many different reasons why would somebody play solo or just in "stranger" style. Too much self-confidence from you, meh. You have no rights to speak for them.

Edited by WhyNotBro

3 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

So what? Just because SOME people want to keep to themselves means we should make it our problem and force them to play with us?

Oh yeah, they hate playing with other players. So let's make them play with us!

Great results you'll have there buddy...

...about as great of results as when they leave the game for not letting them play how they want too.

TL:DR - Boo hoo you don't have more people to play with you, get over yourself.

Well they don't do trials either so I don't see a problem with more social content.

They can just not do it. If they don't like it then too bad, no one is forcing them.

You see having trials around didn't affect those solo kirito players at all.

Introducing something more social that will involve some more player interaction would definitely have a more positive impact on the game.

The solo players won't miss out on anything at all, just the socializing, but if you see that as an excuse to reject it and try to ruin it just because people are having fun playing together while you're soloing stuff by yourself then that's pretty selfish of you.

10 minutes ago, AtroSpiker said:

Yes I know it's doing quite fine. But it's still missing a lot of things that could make it better and more attractive to a different crowd other than the progression junkies who want to collect and max everything.

Nice vague platitudes. You should have been around in the early days. It's added a lot. There are only so many people at DE as well.

Edited by UrielColtan

Just now, UrielColtan said:

Nice vague platitudes. You should have been around in the early days. It's added a lot.

Speaking of the early days, players were a lot more interactive and social back then too, because many just took a break and chilled in region chat and focused on building up their clan dojos once they were all done clearing every single node in the solar system. We've lost that now.