Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Should Just Go Through With It ; It's Time For Solo Players To Give Multiplayer Another Shot

AtroSpiker

Forcing people to play together will cause many to quit this game.  There are many people who play warframe that do mix of solo and co-op play.  There are some misisons, that are plainly, more enjoyable to solo.

All spy missions for example.  When I test certain weapon builds and frames, I like to solo some missions.  That way I can truly see how well everything goes.

I play solo a lot of the time specifically to avoid people with mindsets like this.

I play solo so I can immerse myself in the game, not worry about someone dying or bumrushing to the end when I feel like taking a leisurely, blood-thirsty stroll. I'm still finding things I never knew existed in tilesets over a thousand hours later, because I ENJOY exploring them. Alone. Without people needing to reach the end in 5 minutes only to repeat the rush somewhere else.

Then, I help my friends when they need it, give people parts I pick up along the way, for free, 'cause you know, we aren't all traders, but, by all means, exclude the solo players, clearly we don't care much about the game, right?

While there's nothing wrong with asking for more reasons for group play, I don't think it's very wise to push for that at the expense of solo players. My thoughts:

1. Not everyone is like you. For some reason, this concept is incredibly difficult for a lot of people to grasp. Try not to assume that just because something is fun for you, it is necessarily fun for everyone.
  2. I don't like modes where one person can muck it up for the group (e.g. rescue in particular, spy if you need all three vaults, etc). To a lesser extent, I don't like parts of the game that force me to wait around for other players (e.g. friendship doors, extraction in scenarios). 
  3. Given how empty parts of the star chart are, adding in elements that require multiple players is just going to make it that much harder for folks to get through it. 

On 12/10/2016 at 0:15 AM, AtroSpiker said:

Also stop being extremely dismissive.

VVV

On 12/10/2016 at 0:22 AM, AtroSpiker said:

You guys are irrelevant. The invisible minority. You are only holding us back

On 12/10/2016 at 0:39 AM, AtroSpiker said:

Yes because the game has to be based around the sensitive feelings of solo players. Okay.

On 12/10/2016 at 1:44 AM, AtroSpiker said:

We have a pretty fixed and stubborn audience as we can see here, there's really no hope in expanding the audience.

..................................................................k.

If you want people to stop being dismissive of you and your ideas, here's a thought: try not alienating and dismissing a large portion of the playerbase as just a "sensitive" group of "irrelevant" people, who make up the "invisible minority" that are "only holding us back."

0mlj8_s-200x150.gif

And who's this "us" in "holding us back?" Speak for yourself. You can't just arrogantly speak for everyone, especially when making claims that there's essentially an us vs them situation here. There's not. I can't speak for everyone, but personally, when I feel like it I run solo. When I feel like it, I run with a group. All depends on the mood I'm in. That seems to be the case with many people in the posts here. Sure, it's easier and (if I run with friends) often more enjoyable to run with a group, but sometimes I'm just not into the idea of dealing with other people.

There doesn't need to be more sections of the game that are sectioned off behind "group-walls."

tumblr_inline_mss59beGXn1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by Jackviator

I play Warframe specifically because I can play solo.  I would never have even bothered with the game if it didn't have a solo mode.  So now OP you're suggesting to remove the main reason I started playing the game to satisfy some needy complex you have?  Nope, I would quit playing and take my dollars somewhere else. 

Haven't you noticed that many recent games that only have co-op/PvP play without a campaign/solo mode don't last very long.  Titanfall, Evolve, and a few others all died because of this. 

Long story short.  Group play is overrated.  It's cool from time to time, but shouldn't be forced. 

edited: To include a quote that also sums up my attitude as well. 

1 hour ago, Zanchak said:

I play solo a lot of the time specifically to avoid people with mindsets like this.

I play solo so I can immerse myself in the game, not worry about someone dying or bumrushing to the end when I feel like taking a leisurely, blood-thirsty stroll. I'm still finding things I never knew existed in tilesets over a thousand hours later, because I ENJOY exploring them. Alone. Without people needing to reach the end in 5 minutes only to repeat the rush somewhere else.

Then, I help my friends when they need it, give people parts I pick up along the way, for free, 'cause you know, we aren't all traders, but, by all means, exclude the solo players, clearly we don't care much about the game, right?

Edited by DatDarkOne
added a great quote

The reason I roll mainly solo has nothing to do with the game itself, but rather the annoying players I often run into while doing public missions. Seriously, some of you out there have to make up your mind: Do you want all the kills in the mission or do you want to have fun killing enemies together with other players? I can't even begin to count how many times I've run into these types that literally stalk you in the mission and jump in front of you in order to prevent you from killing ANYTHING!  Then you have the "let's leave one minute before rotation C" on survival nutjobs. Yes, let's bring my unranked kubrow to sortie and get angry when everyone stops reviving it after the 10th bleed-out! Don't even get me started on spy missions!

However, I did not come just to *itch, I have a few possible solutions to share. The first idea is simple: where are the free roam nodes on each planet? We can get creative with this by adding random faction hordes which reward rare goodies every once in a while upon their elimination. This would allow total strangers to meet up and farm resources together while sharing tenno affinity.

Bring back Draco, but this time place one on each planet and make it relevant to the planet's highest level. Draco inspired me to pour forma into weapons and see if they held up against the Grineer hordes. Draco felt like I was going out for a night on the town. I can't take Akkad anymore, it feels so claustrophobia-inducing and all it takes is one OP frame to turn it into a snorefest.

Make affinity more accessible that way players are more willing to try different nodes. It is hell for new players especially when they reach the higher planets. There's almost never any open squads, for instance, on the nodes that surround Sechura and Hierarcon.

Provide an option to leave survivals after every five minutes. This is the main reason I solo survivals: other players either want to stay longer than I desire or they want to leave earlier than I desire.

Fix enemy spawns in survivals. I don't understand why enemies stop spawning if another player enters the same room as me. I'm very confused about this one.

13 hours ago, AtroSpiker said:

So soloing is so much fun am I right?

Not meeting new interesting Tenno and making new friends...if you're fine with that then okay.

So when someone asks for evidence, you just respond with a pithy comment about soloing. 

Just... LOL. Don't make grand claims about "solo players being irrelevant" if you can't back it up with facts when asked. 

Wow... 

I would like to take the time to point out that 100 Days of Warframe made a joke about Excalibur joining some pubs, having a terrible experience, and switching back to solo.

But seriously, not everyone likes to play the same way, so forcing people to play with others can actually make it less enjoyable.

Anyways, i'll just go play 'Friends Only' instead :smile:

Edited by Hai1fir3e

Even after tweaking the OP, the rest of your snide remarks are still there for everyone to see.

My main reasoning for playing solo is because my connection is subpar at best. I used to be able to handle hosting for raids, but that hasn't been the case for a while since I started getting stuttering and freezing when playing for long periods of time. Playing solo I don't see either of those and is the best situation for me to play in without having to constantly battle with latency and connection errors.

There is multiplayer for solo players. Sorties, Kuva farming, credits farming, Relics farming, etc. But in the end, it's all just a matter of how the players want to play their game.

I know I've gotten sick of most MMOs that rely on making groups to really enjoy all the game has to offer (also because of ridiculous Exp grinding). Warframe does it right by letting you play the game which way you want (well, except for Trials and Conclave, but who cares about Conclave. Am I right?).

Edited by RextintorZ

no thanks, i used to play with friends, it was fun has long has it lasted but i feel more free now that they have stop playing, no more sorties, no more @(*()$ void defense in chain, i play what i want when i want sometimes with pub sometimes alone and that's a great improvement in my book.

I you ask me playing public is at this point worse than ever i would say. at least from my random expirience.

Even tho i do try to help some pople its just hard for them to open wikipedia and i get tired after repeating same stuff 1000000000 times each day 

Guides of LOTUS dont spend enough time helping NEW players if you ask me.

I used to love multiplayer.. do not love it anymore. It's a purely personal thing but I don't play this game to be a spectator. So many wof embers and miramulors these days. Not saying that's wrong apart from that it's wrong for me. I'd prefer to play with others but there is not that much incentive these days. I play to have fun, not to engage in genital measuring exercises.

19 hours ago, AtroSpiker said:

I want those who have had bad experiences and became solo players to want to give playing with others another shot again. Something that's fun and encouraging as well as engaging, so that you don't log off after doing your dailies or only come back whenever there's new content.

Hi, I'm a solo player.

Playing with others isn't very fun, encouraging or engaging to me.

That being said, I still support the game occasionally with prime access and am quite satisfied if I am in the mood to play warframe by doing missions on my own. 

I give you the benefit of the doubt though. Am I missing out on anything in particular that requires I join a cell for regular play?

What little I tolerated from the multiplayer scene can be described as falling into a couple of patterns.

1.) Cell members use frames with strong aoe ults and clear the rooms, then proceed to extraction without fully exploring the map.

2.) Cell members consistently get downed and require constant rezzing 

This, coupled with the fact that nobody tends to say or do anything interesting in multiplayer cells (as far as I've seen), even when directly addressed or complimented, kind of leaves that mode lacking to me. 

Solo play alleviates that -and- lets me do stealth play. 

Personally i like playing solo sometimes, it allows me to do missions at my own speed and the way i like to do them. That doesn't mean that i am completely anti-social and don't have friends IG. I have quite a few friends that i play with on almost daily basis. If someone would suddenly decide to force me to play the game one way (Public Sessions), while before i had the ability to choose how i wanted to play the game, trust me i would not be satisfied. Quite the opposite, i would be very upset. And i'm probably not the only one who would feel that way.

I hate teaming up in this game. Players that have the edge on power creep and speed rush through everything ruins it for those that are trying to get a footing and have to resort to multiplayer - especially when bosses are definitely not designed to be solo friendly (most are, initially, but you know teleporty mcteleporter is where that ends completely). I love playing survival and defense missions in groups, because the objectives are simplified, though there is that issue with folks wanting to bail in survival and not having the option to excuse themselves only. 

I think the game needs some scaling mechanism to adjust difficulty based on how many players are in the group, to better enable solo players to do their thing at their own pace, but also that there should be some additional mechanics to the same missions when played with a group, in a fun way (and not a "ugh, this guy is so slow / using the wrong weapon / has no mods / etc" way). Random example. In a capture mission, one player can tackle and pin down the enemy while another steals its wallet, and the other preps the airlock, and the 4th player keeps watch.

What? Teamwork pays. :P

21 hours ago, AtroSpiker said:

So soloing is so much fun am I right?

Not meeting new interesting Tenno and making new friends...if you're fine with that then okay.

Have you seen the community?

The only interesting thing about other players is how bad their builds can get in pubs

1 hour ago, (PS4)xxSHEPERDxx said:

I think the game needs some scaling mechanism to adjust difficulty based on how many players are in the group

The system does actually. Both the number of enemies spawning on the map, and their level, are lower with fewer players. The difference between Solo Survival and 4 player survival is very noticeable. To a point that I wish there was an option like in the Diablo games where you could have the system think there were more players so you could boost difficulty (and number of spawns) while playing Solo or in Pairs.

Playing multiplayer means more spawns. And that's a fact. There is no reason to dump on Solo play more than its already discouraged (points to Trials, points to Derelict Vaults/Dragon Keys, points to Relic/Void system).