Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not replace nitain with secondary riven mods?

AdunSaveMe

Nitain is a hideously finite resource. It might be rare but that doesn't justify its place in the reward pool of the second hardest non-endless content in the game. Removing primary riven mods from the pool is just silly. Why not replace nitain with secondary mods?

You tried out sorties as an option to obtain nitain, and that's cool. But it's arguably not great, and there's not much of a good reason to replace primary rivens instead of nitain.

Try another way of obtaining nitain. Like, increase the sabotage drop chance so it's worth trying to farm for them there.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Isn't it already since the Rivens is the only way to obtain them is from Sorties? Even if you don't need/want the riven. You can sell it for a nice bit of plat. 

Well that's the point. I don't want rivens because they're a stupid thing and I don't want plats because... Well I have 5k plats.

Sorties aren't really worth doing, i'm just doing them out of boredness (and to help my clan)

You see that's the problem, it's supposed to be endgame, and there is nothing endgame in the reward pool unless "maybe" riven. But since riven are just another excuse for an endless grind, nope, not for me.

I'm ok with rivens being in the pool, but the rest... Who want 2k endo over 4k and most people are annoyed to get lens (or pretty much anything that isn't a riven)

Once again :

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Okay, so let me see if i got this right. You think the rivens are stupid and you don't care to do the sorties even to just sell them. As they are the newest addition to sortie rewards and the game in general, that got most of people into doing sorties again, i guess it'd be safe to assume that, if you don't care about rivens, you don't really care about any other rewards either?

So it's obvious then that if you want to do sorties, you're doing it for the challenge, right? (that's just what you're implying with your own post, i won't go into whether they are a challenge or not)

Since it's easy to assume you're doing them for the fun in the challenge that their difficulty gives you, why are you mentioning the rewards again? The endgame (difficult, challenging content) that you are looking for is not measured in the value of the reward you get.

It goes somethin' like this, higher difficulty = bigger challenge = endgame (at the point where difficulty is at it's highest), NOT the better the loot = the closer the content is to being endgame.

You're just kinda contradicting yourself, it doesn't make much sense. Though, i do like the thread about token reward system that you linked at the end, so +1 for that.

16 minutes ago, Gruumzh said:

Okay, so let me see if i got this right. You think the rivens are stupid and you don't care to do the sorties even to just sell them. As they are the newest addition to sortie rewards and the game in general, that got most of people into doing sorties again, i guess it'd be safe to assume that, if you don't care about rivens, you don't really care about any other rewards either?

I thought riven would be a nice thing to make me do sorties again, and it worked, until I noticed how stupid the riven system is and how awful the loot system of the sortie STILL is.

Do I care about the rest of the rewards ? Not at all.

As I said, I do the sorties only because I've nothing better to do in this game and to help the people in my clan, it's not even about the "challenge" since it's not challenging at all, especially not with such a stupid scalling system that prevent you from playing funny frame (R.I.P titania in sortie that get almost one-shot, even with 50% avoid and -50% accuracy on enemies)

21 minutes ago, Gruumzh said:

It goes somethin' like this, higher difficulty = bigger challenge = endgame (at the point where difficulty is at it's highest), NOT the better the loot = the closer the content is to being endgame.

Reward still has something to do with endgame, especially when it's not challenging.

If sorties had arcane in the reward pool, why not. But people will tell me again "that would kill trials" and once again i'll answer to them that trials are dead and boring anyway.

For something to be interesting it has to be rewarding aswell, and right now the ONLY rewards that can feel "endgame rewards" are arcane and riven, or maybe primed mods but baro has exclusivity on them.

Do you feel rewarded, when after a long defense mission with a masochist secret agent that only wishes to die, you obtain 3 nitain or a lens for a school you already maxed ?

Sorties reward table needs to be filled with items that have long term value.

Riven, Endo, Leg Core all have long term value. No matter where you are in progression you can make use of these.

Catalyst, Reactor, Nitain, Forma, Exilus are all dead-end items. There are players who may never make use of these due to their normal play gains.

If Greater Lens could be traded I would say they're long term items as well. Not the greatest but you can get something from them.

We need things like Radiant Relic Packs, Kuva and the addition of Riven Pistol added to the table. We need more rewards that everyone can use.

I don't like getting 2k Endo over and over like anyone but at least I can max a mod and sell that Endo. I swear if I get my 31st Orokin Reactor or my 103rd Nitain;  I'm just done with Sorties.

Honestly their proposal to DROP rifle rivens and add secondary ones to the reward tables is terrifying.  For starters, I have a lot of clan mates and alliance buddies who have not received a single riven from DAILY sortie runs since TWW dropped.  Nevermind the people who only get rivens for weapons they really don't want, like the miter, or mutalist cernos, etc.  These guys will not be able to get any rifle rivens once secondaries are released without paying huge plat prices for what will be a finite supply.  

Then there's the issue of most of the rewards on the table being relatively short term rewards.  You only need so many reactors before there's nothing left to install them in and they start piling up.  The same goes for exilus adapters, catalysts, and ESPECIALLY nitain.  No one is ever happy with nitain, even if they NEED nitain.  Getting nitain from a sortie means you DIDN'T get a riven, and that's about all anyone actually wants out of the sortie rewards.

Not to mention the fact that there're still no shotgun rivens.

The bottom line is that no rifle rivens in sorties means higher trade prices for them, with people still left out of the system by pure rng.  The rest of the rewards are still crap, and will stay crap.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I completely understand where you're coming from. Some of the stuff definitely should not have it's place in the reward table, there's no discussion about that. As for arcanes, i don't think they'll ever put them into sortie rewards. Sure, we all know that raids are boring, but if they were to do what you said, they'd be admitting to themselves that a part of the game that they worked their asses off to create is simply not that great and it would completely kill the raids, as if they already aren't dead.

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Do you feel rewarded, when after a long defense mission with a masochist secret agent that only wishes to die, you obtain 3 nitain or a lens for a school you already maxed ?

Sure it's a bit frustrating, but i don't mind it that much. Trust me, before all these recent updates (prior to release of valkyr, when rivens were introduced into the game) i would go on for days and days without getting anything but endo. Of course, since i had already got the one-time rewards from the last sortie season, i had less chance of getting something that isnt endo even if there were other items you could get multiple times, but i went for almost two and half weeks in a row of getting nothing but endo, it was so bad i would get excited for the couple times i got 4k instead of 2k. So i completely understand how unlucky you can possibly be with the rng.

But on the other hand, i dont think they should get rid of half of the rewards that aren't as valuable as rivens/leg core, but instead just tweak the rewarding system. Otherwise, it wouldn't feel too rewarding either if you knew you're gonna get something that you absolutely need/want every single day you complete the sortie.