Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me keep my head up in 'The War Within' (Story spoilers!!)

AlligoristLuke

Friends, I've had a bad time in the new patch.

Firstly I had all sorts of problems with the Golden Snakes in a cave; they got fat eating my Avatar over and over again. Then I kept blinking off the edge of cliffs trying to speed up my run up the mountain. THEN I missed the tooltip about breaking the Fat Guards weapons away and that took me forever, THEN I listened to Teshin and tried BREAKING the damn Queen's shield instead of waiting for the right time and dashing it.

After the crazy loss of immersion (From me playing crap) I still loved the mission. THEN I didn't equip my damn Riven mod and completed the quest I needed twice before I realized I wasn't getting the unlock so had to do the mission another two times.

Finally I got my Riven mod unlocked; A Laser rifle mod. 1) I don't have the Sentinel or weapon 2) I don't want the Sentinel or weapon and 3) It apparently doesn't work on the prime version of the Weapon.

So after everything I needed a light at the end of the tunnel and went hard on the Sortie... And was rewarded 3 nitain extracts.

I don't think I've ever had such a rough three hours of gaming in my life. 

Thank you for letting me vent, if anybody has words of hope I could fall back on in such dark times, please share them. :)

God Bless.

I don't know about words of encouragement, but if the AI had allowed I'm fairly certain the Golden Maws would have come over and waited near my operator.  I probably had them trained to expect operators to jump near them, based upon the amount of times I accidentally got killed by them. 

I had the worst experience with this quest. I just played it so so bad. From motion sickness in the tinytiny archwing parts, getting stuck under floors and just totally fail-dying with the guards.. I seriously started pondering if I had left my brain offline. I still enjoyed it, Im still not sure how though.

Baha :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

I had the worst experience with this quest. I just played it so so bad. From motion sickness in the tinytiny archwing parts, getting stuck under floors and just totally fail-dying with the guards.. I seriously started pondering if I had left my brain offline. I still enjoyed it, Im still not sure how though.

Baha :laugh:

Did you keep walking in:

Teshin: "Beware, the rave---"

DEAD!

11 hours ago, Zanchak said:

lol my issue was no hints in the guard room, and nice squishy loki and no idea wth I was doing for about.. 16 revives lolol

Well, I just heard Teshin say "Remember the Mountain, remember your new strenght."

On a hunch, I pressed 5 and went into Operator mode. Beam didnt work, Dash didnt work, Blast made him stumble. Then I Beam again, didnt work, Blast again didnt work, then Teshin says again "Blast them to drop their guard. Dash to strike from within the Void."

Took a while because after the first one because I kept losing track of the other guard and they would attack me, putting me back in the Warframe and with no Energy in Operator mode when I immediately got out aftewards (That one took a while to notice).

For me it was a case of paying attention at what the characters are saying, RPGs, Resident Evil, Haunting Ground (Specially this one) taught me that, you HAVE to pay attention to what is happening around you, might be a clue.

But I agree, maybe there should be a prompt of "Press 5 to use Transference" like when we find the Kuva Siphon.

Edited by Venom-Snake