Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Napalms the Spear Gun

LordPreda

Napalms are a rather neglected enemy. They are the poor man's Bombard, not quite as obnoxious as getting knocked down by a nearly invisible rocket, but horrifying when you're low on health and one of you sets your &#! on fire.

I say they are neglected because they still use an outdated weapon and animation. The giant block of green cheese they fire their... fire out of is an old model of the Torid or Ogris I believe, and I think it would be a good time to change it.

The Grineer spear-gun showcased last night fires a projectile identical to the Napalm's. Why not use this opportunity to give them this new weapon, increasing visual variety in enemies and avoiding the "enemy-built weapon that no enemy seems to use despite it being great" situation that we had with the Tonkor for so long.

Poor man's Bombard?

Have you seen what a lvl 100+ Napalm does? Give me Bombards any day.

Napalms one shot in a 15m Radius, least I can dodge a rocket.

But yes. Give them that crappy spear gun so they don't one shot a whole team.

Edited by Xzorn

10 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Then they can't be called Napalms, right?

And I agree that they are far more deadly than the Bombards. A projectile that cannot be deflected and it does a fuc*ton of extra damage as fire......I am actually happy to see a Bombard instead of Napalm on high levels.

Not to mention the Napalms tend to spawn a lot more too. This kids, is why cheese tactics are in the game.

3 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Then they can't be called Napalms, right?

Why not? The Grineer spear gun quite clearly shoots a fiery ball of fire

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Poor man's Bombard?

Fine, fine, you're right, they're awful. But this is more a discussion about aesthetics than actual gameplay. they can work the exact same way they do now but use a different weapon.

45 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

Fine, fine, you're right, they're awful. But this is more a discussion about aesthetics than actual gameplay. they can work the exact same way they do now but use a different weapon.

I dunno, I kinda like the big hulking box that has to be tied together. It's pretty ghetto Macgyver looking. Seems very Grineer.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I dunno, I kinda like the big hulking box that has to be tied together. It's pretty ghetto Macgyver looking. Seems very Grineer.

My problem with it is that we can't get it ourselves. It's inconsistent since all other enemy weapons can be obtained by us.