Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr and Low Gravity.

Golmihr

2 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

Zephyr's biggest problem is the Tailwind bug that disables her passive and causes gravity itself to do a 90 degree turn and pull you back in the direction you were Tailwinding from.

Bugs are not intended designs and you should probably report it in the bug forum. Technically I don't think it would be gravity that is causing your problem but more that whenever Tailwind is active it applies force to whatever direction Zephyr is moving so it sounds like you perhaps found a map design problem? Anyway, you need to add instructions so that they can reproduce it.

That said, according to some posters above, poor maneuverability is never a problem for Zephyr as you can always just Tailwind your way out of movement problems not matter how inconvenient it is to do so. So by that logic, you could just "L2P" by recasting Tailwind to fix your tailwinding bug. I'm sure you are as thrilled by that concept as I was.

4 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

Bugs are not intended designs and you should probably report it in the bug forum. Technically I don't think it would be gravity that is causing your problem but more that whenever Tailwind is active it applies force to whatever direction Zephyr is moving so it sounds like you perhaps found a map design problem? Anyway, you need to add instructions so that they can reproduce it.

That said, according to some posters above, poor maneuverability is never a problem for Zephyr as you can always just Tailwind your way out of movement problems not matter how inconvenient it is to do so. So by that logic, you could just "L2P" by recasting Tailwind to fix your tailwinding bug. I'm sure you are as thrilled by that concept as I was.

I know they're not intended, but they should still be top priority. It's been reported over and over again yet nothing has been done about it. (I think I even reported it myself)

It's easy to recreate: Tailwind a few times in one direction and then attempt to Tailwind in the opposite direction, more often than not, you'll get pulled back, and the passive disable happens on almost every Tailwind.

Zephyr used to be my favourite frame, but that bug and Saryn's rework changed that. I'm no longer a fan of Zephyr's passive as it slows down how quickly you can do certain aerial melee maneuvers that I tend to use.

6 hours ago, Vantooth said:

I have only one thing to say, agility drift. For the sheer synergy her passive and this mod have, it's a most keep.

The sad thing is that I often spend a lot of time in the air on other frames but Zephyr is the only one I would consider smacking it on since I often find myself floating when running in bumpy close quarters. But since I use Jetstream anyway it's not a problem.

Edited by Golmihr

5 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

I know they're not intended, but they should still be top priority. It's been reported over and over again yet nothing has been done about it. (I think I even reported it myself)

It's easy to recreate: Tailwind a few times in one direction and then attempt to Tailwind in the opposite direction, more often than not, you'll get pulled back, and the passive disable happens on almost every Tailwind.

Zephyr used to be my favourite frame, but that bug and Saryn's rework changed that. I'm no longer a fan of Zephyr's passive as it slows down how quickly you can do certain aerial melee maneuvers that I tend to use.

I don't really spam it. Considering that I can stand in the back end of the simulacrum with no mods and by parkour alone fly across the resource platform without touching the ground while bringing death from above, Tailwind really just ends up being an after thought for when I have to move really far or rush.

Aerial or not, I assume the target is near the ground. Couldn't you just bulletjump away? It even comes with innate AoE blast damage on take-off for knockdown and is a great set-up for a slide attack... That said, I also don't like her passive so other problems it cause is welcome information.

3 minutes ago, Golmihr said:

I don't really spam it. Considering that I can stand in the back end of the simulacrum with no mods and by parkour alone fly across the resource platform without touching the ground while bringing death from above, Tailwind really just ends up being an after thought for when I have to move really far or rush.

Aerial or not, I assume the target is near the ground. Couldn't you just bulletjump away? It even comes with innate AoE blast damage on take-off for knockdown and is a great set-up for a slide attack... That said, I also don't like her passive so other problems it cause is welcome information.

I mainly use Tailwind in those really large tiles. And Tailwind should theoretically be faster than just parkour but the bugs just ruin that.

14 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

I mainly use Tailwind in those really large tiles. And Tailwind should theoretically be faster than just parkour but the bugs just ruin that.

Oh it is (Minus your bug I guess). I don't have anything against using Tailwind. It's just somewhat situational for open areas and the issues with Low Gravity tend to arise in close quarters.

Edited by Golmihr

15 hours ago, Golmihr said:

If anybody have any other ideas on how she can maintain air superiority

Hi, I was reading through and I think this is where you're mis-understanding Zephyr, because there isn't really a thing in Warframe for Air Superiority. You can be above the enemy, true, but unless that enemy is un-alerted this really doesn't do a thing. The only thing you can do is slap on a specific mod to reduce your damage or increase evasion in the air, and when you have Turbulence, what's the point? Height is a stealth and mobility mechanic in this game, not one that helps with the majority of active killing of enemies unless you use a silenced weapon, and providing you use it in a way that means surviving enemies don't see the kills and look up.

Zephyr goes up in order to come down again, the shame is that her ability for doing the 'down' part is, frankly, underwhelming. If it wasn't, then the low grav is completely justified as a way to delay and aim that ability. Thus any thread that suggests fixing and buffing Dive Bomb gets an immediate smile out of me, but that's not on topic.

Have you not tried using the other parkour movements to augment your bullet jump and low-grav? I mean to say, I've had missions where I've literally out-run Volts and Novas by simply bouncing from wall to pillar to wall again and keeping up the momentum, I usually only use Bullet Jump to get down into small doors. (Minor point; all augmented movement in this game costs energy, Volt's Speed, Nova's Warp, Nezha's Fire Walker, all of it, what's new about using it for Tail Wind, even just to get down from height?)

The wall-run/cling/jump method makes you focus more on the movement side of things, but it's amazing for evading enemies and getting new angles on groups. Slap a Heavy Impact mod on, run a circle around some enemies by bouncing off the scenery, makes them group up, then knock them all down with 2 (heavy impact triggers from any height with that) before going to town with a shotgun or melee. It's worked so well for me in the recent games I've run that it's almost funny, especially when people try to keep up.

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

Hi, I was reading through and I think this is where you're mis-understanding Zephyr, because there isn't really a thing in Warframe for Air Superiority. You can be above the enemy, true, but unless that enemy is un-alerted this really doesn't do a thing. The only thing you can do is slap on a specific mod to reduce your damage or increase evasion in the air, and when you have Turbulence, what's the point? Height is a stealth and mobility mechanic in this game, not one that helps with the majority of active killing of enemies unless you use a silenced weapon, and providing you use it in a way that means surviving enemies don't see the kills and look up.

Zephyr goes up in order to come down again, the shame is that her ability for doing the 'down' part is, frankly, underwhelming. If it wasn't, then the low grav is completely justified as a way to delay and aim that ability. Thus any thread that suggests fixing and buffing Dive Bomb gets an immediate smile out of me, but that's not on topic.

Have you not tried using the other parkour movements to augment your bullet jump and low-grav? I mean to say, I've had missions where I've literally out-run Volts and Novas by simply bouncing from wall to pillar to wall again and keeping up the momentum, I usually only use Bullet Jump to get down into small doors. (Minor point; all augmented movement in this game costs energy, Volt's Speed, Nova's Warp, Nezha's Fire Walker, all of it, what's new about using it for Tail Wind, even just to get down from height?)

The wall-run/cling/jump method makes you focus more on the movement side of things, but it's amazing for evading enemies and getting new angles on groups. Slap a Heavy Impact mod on, run a circle around some enemies by bouncing off the scenery, makes them group up, then knock them all down with 2 (heavy impact triggers from any height with that) before going to town with a shotgun or melee. It's worked so well for me in the recent games I've run that it's almost funny, especially when people try to keep up.

If you ask me if I have tried using parkour movements then you have not read the thread. At least not my replies. :P

My problem with her low gravity is when I move in close quarters... Let me describe it: It's situations where I bullet jumping for speed and then immediately go into a slide kick (to get down fast) and be ready to change direction by bullet jumping again. When on Zephyr I often end up floating past the point where I needed to touch the ground for a new directional bullet jump. It has nothing to do with being up high in the air or using abilities. I can change direction mid air (aim + spacebar) and then go back into a kick-slide but then it takes even longer before I can take off in the new direction with a bullet jump. Where other frames are elegant, Zephyr is clunky.

Basically I don't like things that slows me down and Zephyr's Low Gravity does that.

When I then say that she needs to maintain her air superiority then it is because that to some people she's mostly for hanging high up and using Tailwing + aim-glide and I realize that removing Low Gravity would affect their game play without compensation. I think improved aim glide duration is a pretty good deal. I mean I assume they use the slower fall speed to recover between glides and tailwinds.

Edited by Golmihr

On 12/10/2016 at 9:10 AM, Golmihr said:

I would just like to remind people that Zephyr is the only frame that got a Nightmare Mode penalty as a passive "bonus".

I think it should be changed to improved aim glide duration.

Edit: Zephyr is from before parkour 2.0. With parkour 2.0 her low gravity became outdated as a good player can move better without low gravity than with Zephyr. It got nothing to do with what you can compensate for with her abilities or otherwise.

I can agree here i'd rather have Zephyr be able to triple or quadruple jump instead of lower gravity.