Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bless the new shotgun

Askell91

2 hours ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

So I know that the shells are jest different concepts, but my friend raised an awesome idea = have an alt fire or switch method to change shell types. so like slugs vs scatter shots. 

What do people think? even if you had to thumb each shell in after changing over I think that would be rather fun to have an alt ammo type.

The Zarr already does this, but ammo switching could be a nice mechanic.

What if you could cycle through IPS damage types, it would always keep the same base damage, but you could load piercing, impact or slash as the primary or only base damage type? Would be the first weapon to be effective on all enemies.

1 hour ago, JCBeastie said:

What if you could cycle through IPS damage types, it would always keep the same base damage, but you could load piercing, impact or slash as the primary or only base damage type? Would be the first weapon to be effective on all enemies.

Be able to change the major damage type? IE if let say voerall base damage is 90. 60 impact, 30punt, 30 slash. Alt would swap the 60 around or what about it using what he said before about using different shells IE dragons breath, slugs, and buck shot. Maybe just those since slug gives punt and maybe inate stun/blowback while the dragon breath gives of fire procs and buck is just normal damage.

2 hours ago, JCBeastie said:

Actually the Zarr and Stradavar already do this, but it's not exactly changing the ammo type.

Zarr goes from shooting cluster cannon balls to what I can assume are cannon balls broken into shrapnel.

Stradavar just switches from fully-automatic to semi-automatic.

I already accepted that it will have a high MR lock and sub par stats. I just hope it at least costs relatively low to make.

In the unlikely event where it gets good stats I really REALLY hope it won't be a crit or status viable. Crit is a blight upon action rpgs and I hope we get more viable raw damage weapons instead

The funny thing is, every time I asked for a pump action shotgun, people said "It doesn't fit the game" (but grenade launchers do, yes?) or "Strun is a pumpgun" (NO, IT'S NOT.)

But now, when they're releasing one, people suddenly go "Oh my god this is sooooo cooooooool!"

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?

Edited by o0Despair0o
typo. again.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

The funny thing is, every time I asked for a pump action shotgun, people said "It doesn't fit the game" (but grenade launchers do, yes?) or "Strun is a pumpgun" (NO, IT'S NOT.)

But now, when they're releasing one, people suddenly go "Oh my god this is sooooo cooooooool!"

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!?

I would never go against the idea of a pump action shotgun. Just look at most modern shooters. Almost all of them have it. (and y strun is aint pump action)

4 hours ago, Alpha_Zephyr said:

Please please make it a lever action.

The community has been asking for a pump action shotgun since at least U8 and when we are finally getting our wishes answered you want DE to change the gun mechanics in the last minute? Go sit in a corner and wait for your turn.

4 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

On a shotgun? How?

Like this

13 minutes ago, WhisperByte said:

The community has been asking for a pump action shotgun since at least U8 and when we are finally getting our wishes answered you want DE to change the gun mechanics in the last minute? Go sit in a corner and wait for your turn.

Like this

If you ask me lever action can wait. I was waiting for years for a pump action ( and i dare them to make it good)

keep-calm-and-grab-your-boomstick-4.jpg

20 hours ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

b7217ffd7f9554e6963e3d7948719d8b.png

So I know that the shells are jest different concepts, but my friend raised an awesome idea = have an alt fire or switch method to change shell types. so like slugs vs scatter shots. 

What do people think? even if you had to thumb each shell in after changing over I think that would be rather fun to have an alt ammo type.

Something like that wouldn't be out of the question, most of the weapons we've gotten recently have multiple functions, zarr, orvius, the coming grineer spear, the recent staff who's name i can't recall, and yeah some of them aren't like swap firing modes but they all have extra mechanics to spice em up. Hopefully the same will be done for this gun. 

3 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Something like that wouldn't be out of the question, most of the weapons we've gotten recently have multiple functions, zarr, orvius, the coming grineer spear, the recent staff who's name i can't recall, and yeah some of them aren't like swap firing modes but they all have extra mechanics to spice em up. Hopefully the same will be done for this gun. 

Would be nice. But i can only ask for it to be a healthy and strong baby. :'D 

6 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Ow this is called lever-action? I always thought lever action is something like Grinlok have. TIL.

Arr, that be lever-action as well.

They just operate slightly differently because shotgun obviously =/= rifle.

Edited by ChargeBeam