Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

Before: Shock, Speed, Electric Shield, Overload

After

Shock: Has proper chaining, fusion now increases the number of chains and the radius it looks for further chaining targets.

Scott's comments:

Shock was kind of broken, the chaining portion of the power barely worked. This buff is part bug fix and part redesign. Volts Shock is now truly a chain-damage ability.

Speed: Team radial buff. All Tenno around caster will get speed and melee weapon speed increase (Range(15,20,22,25) Speed(10%,15%,25%,50%) Duration(5,6,8,10))

Scott's comments:

Changing this power made us very nervous! This power has always been great fun but I personally thought it broke the co-op part of the game.  So my first thought was outright removal of it and replace it with something more Volt like. After some back and forth I decided that the best course of action was to take this fun power and give it a group benefit. So now this power is a radial buff to all Warframes close to Volt when he casts it.  I had to reduce the overall speed boost it gives players, as it was too overpowered as a group buff. So to compensate for the loss of movement speed, I added a melee speed increase as well. I want to promote this power as something you use in combat and not something you use to avoid combat.

Overload: Higher damage output during entire animation.

Scott's comments:

Overload has been buffed and nerfed several times.  This version of Overload is a bit of rework of the underlying code. Overload was a onetime radial check for enemies around the player and we dealt damage based on that one check. Now this will deal damage the entire time the animation is playing. So as new enemies approach they will be damaged by Volt’s Overload. This brings this power in line with other Warframe ultimates in the game.

Not too crazy about the Speed rework. I'll play with it a bit before I decide to hate it, but I liked being able to run the Orokin Tower look dungeons by myself so no one else potentially dies to the laser floors. With the lag and the slick floors that the dungeons make, having a team mate run it with me has cost our group several Revives.

Not too crazy about the Speed rework. I'll play with it a bit before I decide to hate it, but I liked being able to run the Orokin Tower look dungeons by myself so no one else potentially dies to the laser floors. With the lag and the slick floors that the dungeons make, having a team mate run it with me has cost our group several Revives.

I liked using speed as well when running solo. I'm pretty happy for this change though because it means when I run with my friends they'll all be able to keep up for once. I hope we can convince Scott that Volt needs a base run speed increase now though because I imagine so many frames will be actually faster than he is in a group situation.

Volt is my favourite frame, I'm glad about the Shock/Shield/Overload fixes but....Speed....LOVE dat speed skill. VERY disappointed to hear its movement speed has been nerfed and given AOE while the melee speed increase I have mixed feelings about.

Yet to try this out as I'm still D/Ling the patch but I hope I'm wrong.

As a Volt main I can't see any problems with this. Can't wait to see what you do with the shield to make it more awesome!

- Enemies that had had elemental immunities now take regular damage, with multiplied damage for weaknesses (fire and electricity).

This was probably the biggest buff to volt though. Now I don't have to apologize for picking my favourite frame into Xini

EDIT: After the hotfix where they added ridiculously long cast animation on overload that has varying time and removed his 1 skill completely (you can use it once before it bugs all your skills and melee) I can say that they really dropped the ball with this one. Volt went from 'nice corpus killer' to 'waste of space against every enemy type'. Only thing he has going for him is solo rushing with faster helicoptering while speed is on

Edited by Uuni

how can you have volt as favorite frame volt was no dps no assist ^^

Because he was a decently fun gun-mage. You could take him into just about any sitution and do well. Even if your Shock and Overload wasn't really hurting anything then speed and shield plus a good gun set you right. He really was a fun frame. I need to get in and test the new power changes (and the "fixes" to shield) but it looks good. I'm very happy about the attack speed boost on melee weapons. It makes him even more a "Weapon"-Mage. Most other Warframes have their powers and weapon use sperate, save Syran and her melee damage boost power.