Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

Speed was the ability that needed a buff the least, but I won't argue. It was and remains his best ability (except Overload against Corpus, I guess).

I am absolutely stunned Electric Shield is untouched. It still does nothing against Infested, still does crazy things to bullets passing through, and is still worthless as actual defense because cover is plentiful and it is tiny.

Did this update remove ancients' invulnerability to electricity? I think that would be the most important change.

So you nerfed the speed of speed, could you atleast buff his default speed, he really feels slow even with max Rush. And plasma bullets cannot pass through his shield.

Doesn't even feel faster than Loki anymore.

Edited by OOLuigiOo

So you nerfed the speed of speed, could you atleast buff his default speed, he really feels slow even with max Rush. And plasma bullets cannot pass through his shield.

Doesn't even feel faster than Loki anymore.

I'm still not able to shoot through the shield when I'm not host. I just tried it and it's still not working. This was the change I was most excited for too.

Edited by Excitonex

Miss the animation to overload and my sheild seems to not be working properly either... It blocks all bullets no matter which direction I shoot through, but my bow can still pass through.

Other than that I am loving the changes!

Well I'm back and I have to say loving the new energy skill colours (I use red). 

-Shock is awesome now but when it "chains" the colour is still the old default colour.

-Didn't really play around much with the shield tho it looks cool in red.

-Overload needs a really short animation its good but feels like its missing something.

But....Speed....I use maxed out rush on Volt and using Speed BARELY feels like I'm gaining anything at all, Loki and Ash can now out run me, walking with the skill active is normal speed, using maxed Fury I don't notice a speed increase ....noooo.... I'm sad.

1 Shock= 4-5 peeps dead, loving it!!

still would buff Speed a little bit so Tenno can move a bit faster when Volt casts Speed as it feels rather slugish now, probably because I'm used to going at HYPERSPEED but yeah, pwease?

EDIT: Shock appears to target inactive Corpus Turrets, and not chain to anything else, however on Grineer maps the chain works perfectly...

Edited by Ninjaboy00

still would buff Speed a little bit so Tenno can move a bit faster when Volt casts Speed as it feels rather slugish now, probably because I'm used to going at HYPERSPEED but yeah, pwease?

Feels like an anchor weighing you down and the slow speed makes you wanna hurl.

Yeah, I could hang back do a bit of locker looting if I wanted to then HYPERSPEED lol to catch back up. Now its lacking that kind of adrenaline buzz when running super speed like Luigi said feels like we are weighed down. 

Idk maybe remove the melee speed buff (not that I could even notice it), reduce the AOE a bit and BUFFFF dat speed.

The rework I was hoping for on Speed was a stamina drain reduction but pretty much leave it as it was.

*EDIT*  instead maybe change Speed back to default but keep the AOE melee increase and add a little stamina cost reduction. 

Edited by vSabre

Aside from my shield not letting through my bullets either, I had another problem.

After every Overload I used I got stuck in "Power in use". The very first time only revive solved it.

After I knew that Overload caused it I checked if it was one time only or persistent. Used Overload, got "Power in use" , but after a few seconds of power spamming it worked again. It might be that without the animation of Overload I want to use another power before Overload finishes and it really was just the first time it got stuck, or there is something wrong with it.

I love the Shock change, it is so much better now. And I'm with the other Tennos who think that the base speed should be faster.

Love the changes,

only thing I miss is the old Overload animation. Would love it if when you stood still it would play the animation and then not if your moving, but I'm sure that would be too difficult and have a lot of bugs. 

Edit: hotfix added animation back in yay!

there are some bugs though animation if affected by continuity also electric shield is completely bugged no bullets will go through.

Edited by Gunninja

Aside from my shield not letting through my bullets either, I had another problem.

After every Overload I used I got stuck in "Power in use". The very first time only revive solved it.

After I knew that Overload caused it I checked if it was one time only or persistent. Used Overload, got "Power in use" , but after a few seconds of power spamming it worked again. It might be that without the animation of Overload I want to use another power before Overload finishes and it really was just the first time it got stuck, or there is something wrong with it.

I love the Shock change, it is so much better now. And I'm with the other Tennos who think that the base speed should be faster.

If the base speed was boosted to 1.4-1.8 it would feel much closer to Volt's previous speed I think.

Yeah, I could hang back do a bit of locker looting if I wanted to then HYPERSPEED lol to catch back up. Now its lacking that kind of adrenaline buzz when running super speed like Luigi said feels like we are weighed down. 

Idk maybe remove the melee speed buff (not that I could even notice it), reduce the AOE a bit and BUFFFF dat speed.

The rework I was hoping for on Speed was a stamina drain reduction but pretty much leave it as it was.

Swing speed boost wasn't why it was slowed down, it was missing the coop feeling, so they made speed slow but its too slow and sluggish, would prefer to be fast and have the others be almost as fast or as fast.  As long as Volt sticks around, there won't be an issue with coop. Volt has to stop to kill right. There's you coop. No need to remove swing speed buff, make it faster.

My shield................ :( The only thing I didn't want them to tamper with, and now my Dera is trash without it..........PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!

They didn't break anything. It never worked when you weren't host. I polarized volt twice in anticipation of his shield getting fixed in this update. I'm hoping it'll get hotfixed before the weekend.