Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

Swing speed boost wasn't why it was slowed down, it was missing the coop feeling, so they made speed slow but its too slow and sluggish, would prefer to be fast and have the others be almost as fast or as fast. As long as Volt sticks around, there won't be an issue with coop. Volt has to stop to kill right. There's you coop. No need to remove swing speed buff, make it faster.

Umm some of that I didn't understand but instead maybe change Speed back to default but keep the AOE melee increase and add a little stamina cost reduction. Edited by vSabre

They didn't break anything. It never worked when you weren't host. I polarized volt twice in anticipation of his shield getting fixed in this update. I'm hoping it'll get hotfixed before the weekend.

Well I'm playing solo right now to test out the changes, shield blocks bullets too. Yeah hopefully they'll fix that soon.

I have mixed feelings about Overload's animation. For the brief period that he didn't have it I was having a lot of fun strolling through enemies and hitting the 4 key over and over but DE could justifiably call that overpowered so I can't complain too much. 

I didn't really notice the speed nerf on Speed to be honest, not even when I was running normally. When sprinting with the buff I could still catch up with my team from several rooms away. 

Shock is still a bit wonky in terms of targeting but its effects are now spectacular when it does land. Maybe a bit too spectacular. I don't think it scales well but for what it's worth it's a massive improvement.

Yeah, Electric Shield was Ignis' only saving grace and now it just blocks the fire (even as host) instead of making it into armor ignoring death rays.

On the bright side, I'm definitely liking the new Shock and using Overload on Hades was wiping out enemies instantly. Kind of made me want to be able to cancel out of it instead of just sitting there channeling lightning into corpses, though.

So far I'm loving all of the aforementioned Volt changes.

However, there is one which isn't mentioned in the OP and which is possibly a bug: Electric shield no longer appears to allow friendly projectiles through it. It used to grant a buff to friendly projectiles (in case of Dera and Supra, a significant buff by making them hitscan). Now it simply blocks them. It makes E-Shield a lot less attractive to use.

Otherwise though, it's all great. Especially the shock buff and the team speed buff. 

Love what you did...but speed as a team buff is gonna take time for me to get used to. Now to zap some enemies.

gonna take time for my friends to get used to.

they always run into walls / fall down platforms whenever i used it.

shield not fixed yet though, dealing no damage whatsoever when shooting from behind the shield not being the host.

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

Speed: Team radial buff. All Tenno around caster will get speed and melee weapon speed increase (Range(15,20,22,25) Speed(10%,15%,25%,50%) Duration(5,6,8,10))

I timed the maxed duration to be 5.5 seconds.

Needs fixed.

Shock - Can't complain. The damage has been buffed a little and the chain effect is great.

Speed - Didn't exactly need a buff, but the group utility is appreciated. Haven't tested the new durations extensively or their interaction with Continuity.

Electric Shield - Absorbs all fire, including your own. This makes the ability incredibly underwhelming.

Overload - You're stuck too long in the animation and are vulnerable to damage, which results in you getting easily killed.

I wouldn't exactly say Volt's been buffed. He's had a group utility improvement, but Electric Shield and Overload have been heavily crippled.

If Volts shield doesn't get fixed and allow me to resume my hitscan with my Dera, I will seriously quit this game.............. All that time to craft then waste money to rush builds on all resources plus build for Dera just to use my shield for hitscan, then it get removed -_- 

Continuity?

Not sure what you mean by continuity but when I use overload Volt begins the animation but after all the electricity is gone he is just floating there and takes about 5 seconds after the actual ability stops before you can move again and he falls from the animation. And you still take damage and is very annoying when there is a toxic standing in front of you as you just die as you can't move.

Not sure what you mean by continuity but when I use overload Volt begins the animation but after all the electricity is gone he is just floating there and takes about 5 seconds after the actual ability stops before you can move again and he falls from the animation. And you still take damage and is very annoying when there is a toxic standing in front of you as you just die as you can't move.

I use continuity and I stay even longer in the air.

i posted tons of times in pretty much all the volt threads and i´m absolutley happy that he has gotten attention now. I wanna give you some feedback on what i think is great and could be done in the future.

Shock: is amazing now! especially the new FX look great

Speed: i totally agree on reducing the overall speed gain and making it a team abilitie and the mellee speed buffmakes a lot of sense, but to make it even better some nice effects, like chain lightning on everyone who´s effected would be nice and the part where the camera zooms out for the first few seconds needs to go.

Overload: There seems to be a bug which causes this abiltie to have very little Sound FX and the animation lasts a lot longer then the Electric FX (State Hotfix 8.3.1) It would be nice if would see more then just this wall of energy/electriciy charging towards the enemy, like loads of those cool electrical chain shocks (same as in shock without the damage) to make it visually more appealing.

Electric Shield: is still way to small! it would be nice if you guys would make it into a big wall , which enemys can´t pass through and that damages everything that touches it. That would make it into much more viable team tool and would fit in that regard with what you did with speed!

keep up the good work! ^^

i posted tons of times in pretty much all the volt threads and i´m absolutley happy that he has gotten attention now. I wanna give you some feedback on what i think is great and could be done in the future.

Shock: is amazing now! especially the new FX look great

Speed: i totally agree on reducing the overall speed gain and making it a team abilitie and the mellee speed buffmakes a lot of sense, but to make it even better some nice effects, like chain lightning on everyone who´s effected would be nice and the part where the camera zooms out for the first few seconds needs to go.

Overload: There seems to be a bug which causes this abiltie to have very little Sound FX and the animation lasts a lot longer then the Electric FX (State Hotfix 8.3.1) It would be nice if would see more then just this wall of energy/electriciy charging towards the enemy, like loads of those cool electrical chain shocks (same as in shock without the damage) to make it visually more appealing.

Electric Shield: is still way to small! it would be nice if you guys would make it into a big wall , which enemys can´t pass through and that damages everything that touches it. That would make it into much more viable team tool and would fit in that regard with what you did with speed!

keep up the good work! ^^

If you used speed a lot you would disagree. Slower is NOT better. People always said Volt needed a default speed boost. he never got one. He needs one. he is too damn slow.

Its nice that he got the Overload Animation back (8.3.1) but dat hang time... ooh no not good.

Shield still seems to be buggy about when and if it lets stuff passed off host. Its a bit more consistent now, but still bugs out. IMO either really crush that bug or scrap the damage boost/pass through and just make it a better wall. Consistency > "cool damage buffs".

Speed, ya I'm feeling the hit to the Volts over all speed. Nice that its a team buff and I agree with the over all reduction. Sadly it just means that most of my other teammates now zip on ahead of me. Was even having trouble catching a Trinity I was running with. A boost to Volts base speed would be welcome as a counter balance.

Nice that Shockwave is working. Still kinda meh, like most warframe #1 powers. Not really feeling the damage output. It is now "on par" at least.

*edit*

Continuity does not seem to increase Speed's duration :(

Edited by Brasten