Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

I was using Latron Prime and I pulled up my shield, I can't shoot through it. I stepped away from the shield and I can deal damage but when I'm behind my shield, I can't shoot through it. My shield is only level 1 and I don't know if it is meant to be that way, or bug. I could shoot through it before the update as well.

After using it a bit, I'm not a fan of the new Speed. It doesn't feel fast anymore, and Volt never felt like he was really fit for melee combat. That's why he has a shield, I thought, so he can be safe from afar. I suggest returning it to its old speed, then swapping out the melee speed increase with a kind of electric stun field, so we get close-range defense instead of offense. Also, remove that awful FOV effect.

Electric Shield should have more coverage, fix bugs with ally bullets passing through, and do something against melee enemies. I can't think of anything other than stunning nearby enemies, or giving it a weaker Tesla effect, what else has electricity been shown to do? I also think the shield should just add some percentage of regular damage to ally bullets going through it, none of this electric damage garbage. The electric element is only desirable against Corpus and makes things worse against everything else.

Edited by PositronicSpleen

Well I'm back and I have to say loving the new energy skill colours (I use red). 

-Shock is awesome now but when it "chains" the colour is still the old default colour.

-Didn't really play around much with the shield tho it looks cool in red.

-Overload needs a really short animation its good but feels like its missing something.

But....Speed....I use maxed out rush on Volt and using Speed BARELY feels like I'm gaining anything at all, Loki and Ash can now out run me, walking with the skill active is normal speed, using maxed Fury I don't notice a speed increase ....noooo.... I'm sad.

i think every volt user feel the same way about the speed but can`t say the buff to team is bad.

same feeling bro. love the shock now.

but..

i use speed to catch up with them and now they will be a ahead of me! especially with ash or loki, trinity,banshee, and i don`t put rush on volt just stamina.

and that feeling when u r the only one using volt speed to rush extraction point broom cya loki and ash! now thanks volt cya! haha

i`m not the flash anymore.  

Edited by HeiZero23

Swing speed buff good, default Speed slow bad. Speed decrease also bad. One of these things has to be buffed. I would say buff default speed to be on par with speed frames. Buff speed aoe buff if needed and buff swing speed buff.

Overload animation lasts for extended duration without actually doing anything useful with continuity mod

I love the utility speed gives to your team, the way it's implemented is a bit silly though

-Volt is somewhat sluggish now

-You need to use speed to catch up to your teammates

-Teammates go even faster when you use speed anywhere near them

You end up never catching them because of this which is counter-productive. Volt is pretty slim and slick and faster than average movement speed would suit him thematically and gameplay-wise

Edited by Uuni

Not sure what you mean by continuity but when I use overload Volt begins the animation but after all the electricity is gone he is just floating there and takes about 5 seconds after the actual ability stops before you can move again and he falls from the animation. And you still take damage and is very annoying when there is a toxic standing in front of you as you just die as you can't move.

if you didn't read its because the ability is still going on and is checking for new targets that will be hit despite the electricity not being there and since its now checking for targets instead of doing nothing that makes me approve of the long time because its called OVERLOAD he should be a little locked doing something like that and doing it near a heavy enemy is all on you

The visual effect on Speed needs to change.  I had a Volt in my party spamming it and it makes precise aiming much more difficult.  The zoom level gets pulled back and the mouse sensitivity gets changed as a result making snap shots have a totally different feel.

Edited by JBS_1

I am absolutely stunned Electric Shield is untouched. It still does nothing against Infested

incredibly wrong there is a reason it takes half a grakata clip to drop ancients and even less for light firing through the shield when its working correctly and not blocking my own bullets and is now currently blocking allied shots also

The visual effect on Speed needs to change.  I had a Volt in my party spamming it and it makes precise aiming much more difficult.  The zoom level gets pulled back and the mouse sensitivity gets changed as a result making snap shots have a totally different feel.

i agree since its alot slower now the field of view shouldn't be so harsh but i like how some freaky burst of reflexes makes you feel all strained and some of that should remain

Chain lightning needs a buff it does 00000000 dmmg on ancients  when past lv 35  thats like  wave 10 on xini ?

also does Roar stack in  Power dmmg ? 

nobodies direct damaging abilities are gonna hurt heavies in higher levels which is why its always the utility skills that you use then

Volt is my main.  This is going to be flame bait, but consider I've been running him for about 5 months now.

New Overload animation is lame.  Volt just hangs in the air, and has a siezure.  When he was at the center of a nimbus of electrical arcs it at least made visual sence.  Now he just has a medical condition.  Also, don't know if anybody is aware of this, but the old Overload was just about amazing.  It didn't need any changes whatsoever, and I'm now very worried that it's been severely nerfed and that I haven't played enough to spot how yet.  Still, I'm just basically just against the new animation.  The rest is silly gripes and fears. 

New Shock animation is forgivable only because it's now a damaging skill, rather than a ranged taser.  I really don't care for the look, but I don't give a crap because it's so incredible to have a 1 button that's worth using.  My mind is blown.  I liked the old look so much better, but the chaining actually working is really awesome. 

I'd be irratated about some of the shifts, except on the whole Volt is just side-graded.  If you re-Forma'd a skill slot, replace Speed (now not valuable) with a 25 energy damage move that actually can cause damage.  Speed affecting melee would be nice, but the short duration doesn't make it worth the bother or price.

If it sounds like I'm being negative, consider this:  Speed was always just a positioning tool.  It now no longer has a focus.  I can't support a divided group with it, and that was the only combat advantage it offered.  Just running faster is meaningless if you cannot support others, and making others run just a little faster isn't any use either.  The swing speed is cool, but Volt as a combat buff class?  It's now as generic as vanilla ice cream and no longer feels like a worthwhile skill. 

Now, I don't mean to say that the swing speed is a bad thing.  I think that if we're going down that tree of thought then we come to the point where Speed is useless as the main point of the move.  This is acknowledged by the combo nerf / de-focus of the skill.  I'd like to see the buff loose the speed (and name) to pick up an electrical damage boost.  Either the movement speed aspect was good, or the combat swing speed is.  Both together feel silly and purposeless.

As for his Electric Shield, it seems to have already been buffed previously.  It's good as is now.  I don't think I've seen it block shots I'm firing since Patch 8 dropped, and it was increased in size.

Overall, more of a bugfix and side-grade.  I loose the utility of my 2 button to get a 1 button that isn't an utter waste.  I just hope the new Overload animation doesn't stick.  It looks silly as hell to be a levitating epileptic.

Edit:  I have since found out that Overload animation sticking isn't a one-time glitch.  You're immobile for upwards of 6 seconds while throwing this move now.  This has to be fixed.  They broke my Volt  :'(

Edited by Cytobel

Overload - You're stuck too long in the animation and are vulnerable to damage, which results in you getting easily killed.

due to the name of the ability i expect something like that to happen and he is still my most used and fav frame but the eletric shield issue just got way worse and needs some lovin

This is going to be flame bait

As for his Electric Shield, it seems to have already been buffed previously.  It's good as is now.  I don't think I've seen it block shots I'm firing since Patch 8 dropped, and it was increased in size.

Overall, more of a bugfix and side-grade.  I loose the utility of my 2 button to get a 1 button that isn't an utter waste.  I just hope the new Overload animation doesn't stick.  It looks silly as hell to be a levitating epileptic.

the shield blocking has gotten worse

you did not lose the utility of 2 button you gained a new one

overload animation is not new its just longer

In total I'm happy with the changes (should they fix the bugs), though I'm also a bit disappointed about the Speed rework as it was my favourite skill. I just loved speeding about... With the lower speed boost, wall-scaling won't be the same again either, even if it's by just a bit. Wouldn't buffing Volt's base speed cancel out the nerf back to how it was, without making it OP when used as a group? I always thought Volt should be a bit more "speedy", considering its name, element, fragility...

I theorized over what I would've seen as an ideal buff (before this announcement), and for Speed it would've been less Depth of Field effects, a not-too-high chance of deflecting bullets back to their shooters, in tandem with a base speed buff. This would give volt some more protection when "going in", as well as passively soften up the enemies because of the deflecting, fitting the "alternative to normal combat"-label perfectly. But oh well...

I'm not a big fan of the swing speed effect, even  though I know a fair amount of people suggested it. Volt is simply too frail to go in melee-ing... It's definitely not something I will be using when going void or high tier defense (too much interruptions and enemy DPS). As such I highly doubt it'll be usable in the new difficulty mode either.

Of course the other frames are going to be all happy about this change... This change was a buff to the entire team, except for the actual Volt player, who got nerfed.

Personally I'm praying for the new helmet to be a speed booster now.

PS: I'm assuming the shield is bugged and that it's not intentionally nerfed.

Edited by Ratiasu

I'm not a fan of the change to speed.

In my experience, speed is used to maneuver in combat situations, in order to flank enemies like shield lancers or moas. Not as a power to move more quickly through a level, but a power to position myself in a battle.

If speed is slower, it has a lot less use as a way to maneuver. After some playing around with it, it really just feels like the movement speed is a 'decent pace' as opposed to the actual speed that we had before, taking backseat to the rather small attack speed bonus.

I would much rather have a versatile movement option for a warframe, rather than a negligible group buff.

Edited by Lyyti

So the whole overload thing, it looks like the animation just loops too long (which it does in my opinion) but its actually ticking for damage 5 seperate times during the animation.

Heres a video showing the new animation, for the ticks of damage the 4th happens after the green physx stuff falls off volts hands, with the 5th happening during the wtf am i still doing phase

(was trying to embed but couldn't get it to work, meh)

Edited by Deadmice