Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

High level enemies will eat through 1200 damage absorption in seconds, I'm going to have to agree with people who say that Ember's Overheat is still a better tanking skill thin Rhino's.

The problem is unlike Rhino's extra shield, Ember pretty much just tanks up her own shield(since it takes reduced damage) and it can also regenerate wile the power is in effect. So even if her shield is depleted, if a player stacks high shield and shield regeneration they can be back in combat in an instant. Oh, and on  top of that even without a shield she still takes less damage to her own health.

1) Everyone's already pointed out the scaling on iron skin is still very poor and increasing the base values don't really do much. Compared to Ember's overheat this ability costs the same for far less benefit.

2) 50% dmg, compare this to Banshee, who gets x5 dmg on painted targets. Granted you need to aim but usually the targets are large and not difficult to hit.

I don't understand why so many warframes have very similar abilities but are nowhere near each other in terms of effectiveness.

50% damage as a radial buff soounds good if it would affect melee, and most of the time people don't seem to aim for the large HIT ME HERE marker.

Edited by Ditsydoo

Until you put Iron Skin to a percentile like ember, it will be a failure skill and Rhino will be a failure tank.

Im starting to think more and more you guys dont know how to code a percentile IS and retain immunites.

Edited by WARLOCKE

I think Iron Skin should autocast itself when its buffer runs out. That way, players won't be caught with their Iron Skin running out when they're not expecting it, and they can concentrate on playing the game (and hunting energy spheres of course). Hitting 2 should toggle autocast of this ability.

All this hate towards a frame that just got a HUGE buff. Rhino may not ever return to godmode status, but he definitely got his buff. I agree that stomp needs to be buffed up and I'd like IS to go to percentile, but I guarantee that whining like little preschoolers won't get you what you want. I loved rhino since I set eyes on him and played him through the nerf, now hes at least back on par with all the other frames. 

Edited by ReigningWolf

soo I just played captain vor... I was grey.. the whole frickin time.. yes. i rofled trough shieldguys with my 0 mod dual cleavers.. I admit it was funny.. but this shouldnt be th goal you wanna achiev with this power.

roar seems to affect sentinels.. which is nice.

but i think its to situational to be used right now, since bosses are a joke and 75 power is just to much for that when you consider your dmg power just got 25 energy more expensiv.

Stomp does ignore armor and the stun works properly again (not sure if fixed earlier, didnt used that power for a while) still I would rather use my 75 energy 1000 dmg radial blast.

so much for a quick second feedback after testing.

-Smoky

50% damage as a radial buff soounds good if it would affect melee, and most of the time people don't seem to aim for the large HIT ME HERE marker.

Roar works on everything.. even abilities ;)

does IS grant immunity to corpus laser doors? I seem to remember that it does (or did in my case), just ran a corpus mission and got knocked down by a laser door.

Yes.. Iron Skin still reflects corpus lasers so you can walk safely through them.

Ok. Let's say Rhino is NOT a tank for a moment and pretend that his beefyness, and original skills (with invincibility) don't matter. Let's also say that Ember and Trinity are real Tanks (like... seriously?). It's all good to this point... somehow... But then why do I need Iron Skin on Rhino? To tank damage I don't really care about anyways?  Seems legit good sirs. To survive while dishing out tons of damage? Sorry. There are other frames for that (ember, excalibur). I don't dislike IS as it is, although I do see problems for high-end players. 

My answer- apply armor mods to IS. This way you get % damage reduction on BONUS 1200 HP. Isn't that great? You don't have to remake the skill, you simply mark is at HP.

And make it look badass... since I'm going to run like that through levels why not add some spikes to that? After all who wants to run covered in tin foil...

Well it certainly won't be the last time the Devs look at Iron Skin. But the work is appreciated :D

One Question though:

Does Roar stack when you have multiple Rhinos cast it?

And I agree with the visual indicator of the Buff, but I'm certain it will come^^

I think Iron Skin should autocast itself when its buffer runs out. That way, players won't be caught with their Iron Skin running out when they're not expecting it, and they can concentrate on playing the game (and hunting energy spheres of course). Hitting 2 should toggle autocast of this ability.

just adding a iron skin healthbar over the shield/health would be fine.

I love the new changes to Rhino. A few issues though.

Iron Skin

The buff is great, removing the timer is amazing. But now your running around all the time looking like a giant tinfoil ball. I'd like it to change to an aura similar to capturing a target, making use of the energy color you've chosen. Also, maybe add a second bar showing you where the damage sink is currently at while it's active.

Roar

The animation is just him roaring. Some indication of it's reach would be nice. Or even something to signify when it's in effect and when it wears off. Since you can't tell anything at this moment. (Side Note: Maybe fix damage numbers at some point, to stay a little longer so you can see the difference.)

Roar I'm guessing is to make Rhino an actual option now in high-wave defense, since Iron Skin will obviously still become useless vs higher level enemies (higher than before now). And since it's hard to tell the impact it has, can't really give feedback.

Rhino Stomp

Using the wrong animation I think. It's using the Radial Blast animation, so punching the ground doesn't really tie into the name. Other than that, really fun to use, does damage, and properly levitates opponents.

ALSO! Rhino is leaning a little to left while walking along. Might want to pull his Warframe license until he quits drinking.

All this hate towards a frame that just got a HUGE buff. Rhino may not ever return to godmode status, but he definitely got his buff. I agree that stomp needs to be buffed up and I'd like IS to go to percentile, but I guarantee that whining like little preschoolers won't get you what you want. I loved rhino since I set eyes on him and played him through the nerf, now hes at least back on par with all the other frames. 

no.

just no.

To all the ones who say Iron Skin has been nerfed: The damage cap was there before and has been buffed now, they just removed the time cap of it. So it´s a buff for the ability, not a nerf.

nobody says that... it just isnt the right way..

I hate repeating myself but I guess it can't be helped:

Apply armor mods to IS. Two birds with one stone.

You get tanky if you want to and only then.

Simple, works well.Litle changes in the code (simply mark it as HP).

I love the new changes to Rhino. A few issues though.

Iron Skin

The buff is great, removing the timer is amazing. But now your running around all the time looking like a giant tinfoil ball. I'd like it to change to an aura similar to capturing a target, making use of the energy color you've chosen. Also, maybe add a second bar showing you where the damage sink is currently at while it's active.

Roar

The animation is just him roaring. Some indication of it's reach would be nice. Or even something to signify when it's in effect and when it wears off. Since you can't tell anything at this moment. (Side Note: Maybe fix damage numbers at some point, to stay a little longer so you can see the difference.)

Roar I'm guessing is to make Rhino an actual option now in high-wave defense, since Iron Skin will obviously still become useless vs higher level enemies (higher than before now). And since it's hard to tell the impact it has, can't really give feedback.

Rhino Stomp

Using the wrong animation I think. It's using the Radial Blast animation, so punching the ground doesn't really tie into the name. Other than that, really fun to use, does damage, and properly levitates opponents.

ALSO! Rhino is leaning a little to left while walking along. Might want to pull his Warframe license until he quits drinking.

I backup that!

Especially the Iron Skin part ... PLEASE do something about that ...

I want to play as Rhino not Silver Surfer ...

Before: Rhino Charge, Iron Skin, Radial Blast, Rhino Stomp

After:

Iron Skin: 400, 600, 800, 1200 damage caps, removed timer.

Scott's comments:

Ah Iron Skin, this power has been tricky. I think the dual damage cap and timer made it hard to understand how the power was wearing off. So I removed the timer and left it as a pure damage sink. I also increased the damage caps to help with high end missions.

Rhino Roar: NEW POWER: Radial damage buff for all players within range (10%,15%,25%,50%)

Scott's comments:

This power was born out of a conversation with the community. I wanted to create a power that suited rhinos play style and also created a coop group buff. Damage buff seemed like a simple natural fit.

Rhino Stomp + Radial Blast combined: Rhino Stomp now damages enemies ( 150 300 500 800 )

Scott's comments:

It didn't make sense to have two powers that had mostly the same result. So combining these two powers created a true ultimate for Rhino.

Since you guys said that the card system allowed you to add powers and things easily can we have cards for the old Radial Blast and Stomp still available?

While Radial Blast and Stomp had similar effect they did in fact have different roles in the battlefield. Stomp being the fourth ability was, of course, used mostly when you were completely overwhelmed while Radial Blast was the quick hit ability used when you wanted quick control of a situation. Let's say you see a couple of Stomp MOAs in a tight area and one is already about to stomp. Charge, being a straight line attack, just gives you the ability to hit things in front so it doesnt cover at lot of the battlefield and cannot be used in as many occasions as Radial Blast could.

Since those abilities were already balanced this shouldn't be that much of a process. I guess you'll need to add the Blast animation again but you could just use the Stomp animation and speed it up to match the Radial Blast casting time.

Edit- i just saw in a post above you took out the Stomp animation and kept the Blast one, so............ i guess this solves that.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Ok. Let's say Rhino is NOT a tank for a moment and pretend that his beefyness, and original skills (with invincibility) don't matter. Let's also say that Ember and Trinity are real Tanks (like... seriously?). It's all good to this point... somehow... But then why do I need Iron Skin on Rhino? To tank damage I don't really care about anyways?  Seems legit good sirs. To survive while dishing out tons of damage? Sorry. There are other frames for that (ember, excalibur). I don't dislike IS as it is, although I do see problems for high-end players. 

My answer- apply armor mods to IS. This way you get % damage reduction on BONUS 1200 HP. Isn't that great? You don't have to remake the skill, you simply mark is at HP.

And make it look badass... since I'm going to run like that through levels why not add some spikes to that? After all who wants to run covered in tin foil...

That guy's right ppl. Tin wrapping that gives only 1200 shields not HP is crap.

I backup that!

Especially the Iron Skin part ... PLEASE do something about that ...

I want to play as Rhino not Silver Surfer ...

See DE, now you have to make new animations.. instead of just make him invicible for a short duration.. just change it around and nobody will hate you for it, until it comes to pvp in the future.

vaubans be like: meh i still got best CC

Embers be like: nah.. so now Im not the mage and THE tank anymore, but we finally have one in our team!

rest: nice a tank if vaubans bastile should be down!

Rhino is no longer the "tank" of the game. People will just have to get over that. But something people need to quit complaining about. If you want to tank, there are other tanks. Not every frame should be appealing to every player, thats why there's many choices.

"Damage" is a small factor in the grand scheme of things. Stagger resistance is a very critical tool. And something you won't get from Excalibur.

But as for the damage, the block is useful for over 99% of the content currently in the game. That being T3 void missions, every single boss, every non-defense mission, and every defense mission up until wave 50+. I'd say that it's enough content to warrant a skill slot. Given that his other skills are all very useful even at "endgame." And given how many other skills in the game exist that are equally "useless" endgame(aka any flat damage skill, etc).

Either of these suggestions would be fine(well, a new animation is actually pretty necessary), but it's definitely strong in its current form.

Edited by NessOnett