Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

I don't see the problem with the new iron skin. In fact, I love that I don't have to cast it every 12 seconds or so. You don't compare ember and rhino. Ember does NOT have immunity while having OVERHEAT on but Rhino does. And by making Rhino's Iron Skin a percentile, wouldn't it be like a straight upgrade from Ember's Overheat and people are gonna complain about how Ember should be immune to poison dmg ect. ect as well if Iron Skin is gonna be made like Overheats + Immune. Rhino is a TANK frame, he's not GOD. Iron Skin makes him survive LONGER than other frames does. He shouldn't have god-mode in the first place. 

As for the new Rhino Stomp, I'm kind of having a mixed feeling..I think it should do more damage than just  capped at 800. 

There needs to be a mechanic or visual effect that shows the Roar buff on people. So far it seems to be at least 15 meters wide (w/ stretch) and lasts 10 second w/o continuity. 

No visual makes it hard to tell if it's even been cast, let alone on.

I don't see the problem with the new iron skin. In fact, I love that I don't have to cast it every 12 seconds or so. You don't compare ember and rhino. Ember does NOT have immunity while having OVERHEAT on but Rhino does. And by making Rhino's Iron Skin a percentile, wouldn't it be like a straight upgrade from Ember's Overheat and people are gonna complain about how Ember should be immune to poison dmg ect. ect as well if Iron Skin is gonna be made like Overheats + Immune. Rhino is a TANK frame, he's not GOD. Iron Skin makes him survive LONGER than other frames does. He shouldn't have god-mode in the first place. 

As for the new Rhino Stomp, I'm kind of having a mixed feeling..I think it should do more damage than just  capped at 800. 

But as of now Ember is MORE GODLIKE than Rhino

I rather have my 700 shield ember which only gets ~5 damage per hit (lasting around ~140 hits) when overheat is active than my rhino with effective 2700 shields getting ~50 damage per hit (lasting ~54 hits) when iron skin is active (fictional numbers that are not correct but close to the truth to make my point)

Edited by Namacyst

I appreciate the work, but Iron Skin is still way off. Yes, the old 40 seconds of invincibility was too much, but you can work around this.

We can't really do the old way and leave it. That was broken. But hard limits mean Rhino is super invincible at low levels (who needs this?) and at high levels he's useless (ONE shot will remove his iron skin entirely).

Options for things you can discuss at DE:

- set invincibility, unmodified by mods, only ranking up the ability. You've done this with other abilities, where some mods just don't work on some abilities. You can set invincibility to 2/4/6/8 seconds (numbers tweaked with testing).

- You can base Rhino's invuln on hits. He can take 5/10/15/20 hits without taking damage. You can cap the hits per frame, so even if he's hit with a shotty, it only counts as being hit a few times, not with all the pellets each. This would allow you to have no timed invuln, but also it works at all levels (it doesn't deplete faster if there are more enemies due to the hits per frame limit). Great vs snipers, still good vs everything else.

- Straight damage reduction similar to Ember's Overheat, but with different effects. Ember's trade off is heat damage and she has lower shields/hp/armoir than Rhino.

- making iron skin truly iron skin aka it increases his armor tremndously. Instead of increasing his HP, swap that out for armor. There's no invuln, but instead his base armor is changed. Currently Rhino has 150 armor. Iron Skin can give him base value increases, which means mods that affect armor also improve iron skin, something like 200/250/300/350, or whatever numbers work through testing. The effect is that he can take hits from most anyone for a while. If this seems too OP, then you can also decrease his movement speed by 20-50%, whatever works. I always expected to be slower when using iron skin anyway, so I don't think it would feel bad to slow down to become a real tank. Works in other games, such as mech games where you transform into defensive mode, but are way slower.

If you truly think Ember's Overheat is somehow equal or worse than Rhino's Iron Skin, I'm not sure what to say. And while I know you don't want to just have archetypes like tank, mage, etc, Rhino's speed and high base stats show he really is supposed to be a tank. However, if you don't think Rhino should be a tank, then I'm okay with that. You just made him invincible for the vast majority of the game except high level defense missions. Is that intentional?

Edited by gell

seriously, stop complaining so much about the dam buff. atleast rhino got a buff, just because iron skin at high level its not good doesnt mean it sucks. for example frost is not so awesome at higher levels now is he. that snow globe wont help you much unless you are in a defense mission against corpus or grineer. Iron skin got a buff and you can still spam it. you might not be rushing through mobs like the old iron skin but it can still save your behinds from being killed. ember can tank yess but after she has no energy, guess what DEAD as for rhino his stats makes up for it. yess roar does need a timer but keep in mind its a NEW skill so be patient im pretty sure they will get to us about that. I know for a fact that rhino is better than what he was by a decent margin. so stop bashing the Developers and be thankful. BTW YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB ON RHINO

seriously, stop complaining so much about the dam buff. atleast rhino got a buff, just because iron skin at high level its not good doesnt mean it sucks. for example frost is not so awesome at higher levels now is he. that snow globe wont help you much unless you are in a defense mission against corpus or grineer. Iron skin got a buff and you can still spam it. you might not be rushing through mobs like the old iron skin but it can still save your behinds from being killed. ember can tank yess but after she has no energy, guess what DEAD as for rhino his stats makes up for it. yess roar does need a timer but keep in mind its a NEW skill so be patient im pretty sure they will get to us about that. I know for a fact that rhino is better than what he was by a decent margin. so stop bashing the Developers and be thankful. BTW YOU GUYS DID A GREAT JOB ON RHINO

They did a great job of turning a tank frame into a support/control frame.

Take off all Redirection mods, and Vitality mods. Now you have lost less health than a SINGLE cast of Iron Skin gives you. Go to wave 100 on Xini, with 100 health and 100 shield, never taking a single point of damage. Then come back and tell me a buffer is worthless endgame. Until you do that, I won't be able to take any arguments to that effect seriously.

Then remember that you can recast IS every time you burn through it, since cooldowns don't exist. Giving you an EHP pool of 10k++ where you can't be staggered...and then more if you pick up any energy.

As someone who actually plays Rhino, compared to 90% of people who just complain about him because they want the invincibility EZ mode back, I couldn't be happier with his new form.

congratulations! you are the only rhino user that doesnt want it to be totally OP! all of my internet belongs to you!

2) 50% dmg, compare this to Banshee, who gets x5 dmg on painted targets. Granted you need to aim but usually the targets are large and not difficult to hit.

this is co-op and so everyone get 50% damage on that x5 damage painted target, it is even more deadly.

While I like all the buffs for Rhino, I say his IS needs to get the damage reduction Rhino gets from his armor. That makes sense thematically and it would make the ability much stronger.

this basically.

the damage buff has no particle effect though which is an issue.

Edited by SlyBoots

I LOVE YOU !!

Rhino feels like an absolute boss to play, and Ive been a fan since even after his nerf.

Could you please give us more information on Roar ? 

The range, the duration of the buff, how these scale with fusion etc ?

Rank 3

The duration is about 10 seconds with only 15 min or so testing.

Since it's a guaranteed 50% damage increase I assume fusing will only make the range bigger / last longer.

We did try it out at 15 and 20 meters with what appeared to be a successful attempt, though I had stretch on and forgot to take it off.

If they added a visual effect to the buff or just the cast, it would make this a lot easier that's for sure.

Fixes to be made so we can live with the change (not saying changes are bad)

1. add partical effect to roar and give us range/duration.

2. add IS HP bar so we can keep track of it since we will have it on 24/7 now. maybe change the way it looks, cuz running around grey isnt that GRAYT

3. Stomp damage to 1000.so it dont feel like a nerf (explanation on page 2 or so)

thank you and good night from germany.

-Smoky

Here are my Thoughts on the new Rhino.

Rhino Charge - I know it was not on the list of changes, but the new effect on it is better since it doesn't look like a copy paste of slash dash.

Iron Skin - To many people are comparing it to the old Iron Skin, It is better then it was before I'm sure many will agree with that, but It shall never become what the old Iron skin use to be. So here are some suggestions on it.

1) Rename the ability to Over Shield since that is what it seems to act more like.

2) Give the Rhino a bluish outline similar to when your depleted Shield is recharging when active.

3) Have a UI appear right under the health/power/shield UI that indicates how much damage it can take remaining.

Roar - As many said it needs an indicator it is active.

Rhino Stomp - Since Radial Blast was buffed it just having it replaced was not good. People enjoyed having a high damage pre-uber attack, so I agree that Combining Rhino Stomp, and Radial Blast is the best compromise. 

Edited by Rafarix

Ok. Let's say Rhino is NOT a tank for a moment and pretend that his beefyness, and original skills (with invincibility) don't matter. Let's also say that Ember and Trinity are real Tanks (like... seriously?). It's all good to this point... somehow... But then why do I need Iron Skin on Rhino? To tank damage I don't really care about anyways?  Seems legit good sirs. To survive while dishing out tons of damage? Sorry. There are other frames for that (ember, excalibur). I don't dislike IS as it is, although I do see problems for high-end players. 

My answer- apply armor mods to IS. This way you get % damage reduction on BONUS 1200 HP. Isn't that great? You don't have to remake the skill, you simply mark is at HP.

And make it look badass... since I'm going to run like that through levels why not add some spikes to that? After all who wants to run covered in tin foil...

I agree a whole lot (I actually posted the same idea on page 2), and really it makes sense for Rhino to benefits from his armor as well as making the power better. 

With a mere 90% armor bonus mod, you get 4615 effective hit points from 1200 capped hit points. Even then, IS might use some more help tho. 

Edited by Kinperor