Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Rivens getting removed from the drop table

tbeest

As far as I've understood from the dev stream rifle Riven mods will be replaced by pistol Riven mods, because "we all want the new pistol rivens" and will stop caring about Simulor, Tonkor and the likes. This system is also supposed to stay in place until all Riven types have been released (melee/shotgun replacing pistol etc.).

Wasn't the whole idea of the new sortie system that it wouldn't change overtime? What about the "tokens" once mentioned? This system would also increase the price of these already expensive mods even more.

I love how they said on stream that people will be upset if they'll get "old" rifle riven mods. Because, yeah, we are so happy to get all these formas, nitain, exilus adapter bps, etc, right, DE? 

What they should do is to move rifle mods into rare rewards tier (instead of nitain for example). And new secondary mods will take current rifle mods place as common reward. 

Edited by ograzzt

2 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

I love how they said on stream that people will be upset if they'll get "old" rifle riven mods. Because, yeah, we are so happy to get all these formas, nitain, exilus adapter bps, etc, right, DE? 

In their mind, everyone who has completeted The War Within must have reached the 15 Riven mod cap by now and have wonderful riven stats on a variety of weapons given to them by RNGesus.

4 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

In their mind, everyone who has completeted The War Within must have reached the 15 Riven mod cap by now and have wonderful riven stats on a variety of weapons given to them by RNGesus.

You are under the impression that everyone does sorties - not everyone has the time to do sorties so wont get any rivens other than the one at the end of TWW (yes that includes me) 

i've done probably 90% of the sorties since TWW and I've only gotten 6 rivens so far.

Maybe if it was like the Relic system and you could pick a reward say 1/3 then we wouldn't need to take rifle rivens out.

OR you know. . . . token system for sorties. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .

Well either way I hope they raise the cap for Rivens.

And, y'know, maybe remove Nitain and Forma off the drop table instead of the rifle mod. Most of us have a stash of those already or at least enough relic to get Formas anytime we want.

EDIT : NOT THIS DE. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS.

Edited by TotallyLagging

I managed to get myself only 5 Riven mods (Panthera, Flux rifle and 3x Torid mod ... -_- )

I would love to get me some other Rifle Riven(Supra, Tiberon, Gorgon stuff like that), but unfortunately my PC is out of order for a whole month .... so no more rifle rivens for me I guess...

I would really appreciate a possibility to get rifle rivens even after the secondary rivens come out .... because even now they are rather pricey in the trade chat, and I expect the price will only rise once they are not available through sorties :(

So this might be a dumb idea, but what about Veiled Riven mod, and once you unveil it it would let you choose if you get secondary or rifle mod? or maybe on which type of weapon you unveil it on that kind fo riven you would get?

Or maybe just let us choose at the end of sorties which riven do we want

Edited by ItsJustAScratch

There is no problem to add into a sortie droptable both types of riven mods. Rifle and pistol riven mods. And also remove useless annoying endo, increase a chance for all the rivens, but much increase the difficulty and mob levels in the sortie missions. Current sorties are too easy.  This would be much better and competitive. And this change also may solve a problem with nonsensical nerfs, about which 5min Mercury heroes repeatedly crying.

8 minutes ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

There is no problem to add into a sortie droptable both types of riven mods. Rifle and pistol riven mods. And also remove useless annoying endo, increase a chance for all the rivens, but much increase the difficulty and mob levels in the sortie missions. Current sorties are too easy.  This would be much better and competitive. And this change also may solve a problem with nonsensical nerfs, about which 5min Mercury heroes repeatedly crying.

Sorties are easy depending on if you decide to bring your Tigris Prime or a basic weapon. I use pretty basic weapons and let me tell you, sorties are not easy with them. I don't wanna HAVE to use only certain weapons for sorties and end up getting torn in two (Please no level 300 sniper sorties.)

1 hour ago, xXRiomaXx said:

i've done probably 90% of the sorties since TWW and I've only gotten 6 rivens so far.

Maybe if it was like the Relic system and you could pick a reward say 1/3 then we wouldn't need to take rifle rivens out.

OR you know. . . . token system for sorties. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .

I did every sortie since the debut of TWW and only got 7, you ain't missing much bro.

As far as i'm aware they said they might not will remove them along with saying that if they do they will be coming back once all rivens were done in the rotation (starting with rifle to secondary and then melee) in a big release type thing. i cant imagine how hard it will be to get the exact riven you need for a pistol you want it for while rifle rivens are still able to drop unless they remove rifle rivens or add a option to choose between a pistol or rifle riven that'd be insane.

2 hours ago, tbeest said:

As far as I've understood from the dev stream rifle Riven mods will be replaced by pistol Riven mods, because "we all want the new pistol rivens" and will stop caring about Simulor, Tonkor and the likes. This system is also supposed to stay in place until all Riven types have been released (melee/shotgun replacing pistol etc.).

Wasn't the whole idea of the new sortie system that it wouldn't change overtime? What about the "tokens" once mentioned? This system would also increase the price of these already expensive mods even more.

Things can always change still hoping they end up going this path in the end. 😊

I did every sortie since TWW except one and got Deth Machine Rifle, Torid, Rubico and Penta Riven mods. That's only 4, and the one I got from the quest which was for Panthera makes it 5 total. Not very impressive considering it should be a common drop yet I got lens and forma 80% of the time....... NONE of these weapons excite me except maybe the Penta is worth rebuilding to play around with the mod..... Mostly I didn't get rivens for weapons I actually wanted (Opticor and the Dera for example). Removing Rifle Rivens is a stupid idea. Remove Nitain, Forma or 2k Endo instead from the table....

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tyreal2012 said:

You are under the impression that everyone does sorties - not everyone has the time to do sorties so wont get any rivens other than the one at the end of TWW (yes that includes me) 

And me.

I got one single Riven and was a terrible one.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Stanicek3 said:

Sorties are easy depending on if you decide to bring your Tigris Prime or a basic weapon. I use pretty basic weapons and let me tell you, sorties are not easy with them. I don't wanna HAVE to use only certain weapons for sorties and end up getting torn in two (Please no level 300 sniper sorties.)

You really think so ? Thats very pity.

But in fact almost all weapons with 7-8 polarities and correct build can be effective, but not only Tigris. 

And on the high level missions the crucial role plays not the weapon, but correct selected frames, builds, auras and tactics.

As you remember, sortie missions positioned as the endgame missions, and they must not be easy. They should not be intended to pass by random Mercury heroes with useless unpolared frames and weapons.

Do you know who i saw yesterday at the sortie defence mission ? Useless Speed Volt with useless Steel Charge :facepalm: Not 4 skill, but just speed. On defence mission.  And such ballast i see almost every sortie. And the game does not punish such "players". They know they may do nothing, but their teammates will do everything for them. And that's not right. 

Edited by --Dark_Rage--

The idea is insane, will annoy the hell out of most players, create *another* large power rift in the community and screw with the plat economy worse than if they vaulted literally half the primes on the same day. 

Pls don't do this DE. 

The exact wording was that their current "plan" is to replace rifle riven mods with secondary ones for awhile.  Than those would be removed for others and so on until we've had a chance to try all catagories.  then they would release all to us at once.  But that we (the community) can let them know if we want that to happen or not.