Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Rivens getting removed from the drop table

tbeest

14 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

What i want to know is if they plan on putting rifle rivens elsewhere. Because ive only gotten 2 from sorties and im not going to be happy about it.

Me too. I hope they do put them some where else. Otherwise, it's adds more scarcity to them on top of the stupid randomness.

Is it seriously happening ?

I had 3 Rivens through Sorties the first week of TWW. Then they "hotfixed" the Sortie Rewards System, and since then... lenses, lenses, lenses, endo, endo, endo, one reactor (at least one useful thing).

And that's the SAME for everyone in my clan.

How are we supposed to be drowning in Rifle Rivens ? I won't be paying 500 plats for the Riven I'd like to have. I'd rather try my luck everyday in Sorties.

If you remove completely these mods from Sorties without putting them anywhere else, that would be a giant finger to everyone who isn't sitting on 30k+ platinums.

Why the fck did DE create the Defense and Survival in Kuva Fortress if they don't even think about putting TWW-related items out there ? Dunno, give us a riven for every 30 waves of Defense, I'm pretty sure that's challenging enough and that would give us a reason to go there more than once to unlock this useless node.

17 hours ago, tbeest said:

As far as I've understood from the dev stream rifle Riven mods will be replaced by pistol Riven mods, because "we all want the new pistol rivens" and will stop caring about Simulor, Tonkor and the likes. This system is also supposed to stay in place until all Riven types have been released (melee/shotgun replacing pistol etc.).

Wasn't the whole idea of the new sortie system that it wouldn't change overtime? What about the "tokens" once mentioned? This system would also increase the price of these already expensive mods even more.

I think a token system is just a horrible fit for this game, probably why they didn't go for it in the end.  They said that's what they were thinking about doing.  I'm sure they were watching chat when they said it as 9 out of 10 messages were NO.  I doubt they will do it as yes there will be people who complain about getting a rifle mod instead of a secondary, but there will be just as much people complaining they can't get rifle mods anymore.  Wouldn't be a good move on their part and I think they are smart enough to figure it out.  (I hope so anyways)

Maybe we could get more places to obtain Riven mods instead of agonizing over Sorties every other day? I really think Rathuum and Index should have their own challenge dropping Riven mods for Grineer and Corpus weapons.

I mean sure I understand why DE would refuse to lessen the utter bullsh!ttery of RNG layers (1. whether you get them from Sorties at all  2. unveil challenge  3. which weapon it's for  4. the stats) on Riven mods because completely RNG borderline-lockbox-y gambling feature will make money on the short run, but eventually there has to be a way for the player to mitigate the sheer pool size of possible Riven mods considering the fact that number of weapons will continue to increase in Warframe. So the Sorties would give non-faction/Tenno Riven mods, high-level Rathuum arenas Grineer Rivens and high-level Index, when it eventually comes, Corpus Rivens. 

EDIT: My suggestion doesn't necessarily have to be divided by factions, either. Any way that does something with the dilution of Riven mods would be welcome. 

Edited by traybong111

I'm just hoping they change Riven Mods that you can obtain for Meta weapons to be more of a utility thing, not just a flat buff.

For example, the Tonkor can now fire four rounds with it's reload speed being halved, yet now the shells explosions are slightly reduced, along with their flight time being increased as well.

As, while I understand the system's purpose as a whole, I don't see the point of going through the hassle to get a good Riven for a lower tier weapon that has an insane drawback when I can just get one for a Meta weapon that has far less downsides and just makes my weapon even more broken, instead of making my lower tier weapon decent.