The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void towers>>>>Void relics

AkARony

I have been playing this game for a quite while now and the major problem i am facing as a free to play determined players is that "Relics" it was much esier to farm relics from missions

but now we have to farm relics and we wont get what we need and stuf like that, till the end the vault gets closed we get relics we got to keep but sometimes we just dont get relics enough, let alone we arent sure if we will get the parts we want or not. can we think of some more reliale methd ?

You aren't getting a more reliable system then the Relics.

Ive been playing since open Beta. The relic system is a heck of a lot better then the tower system. Being able to just go farming for the part you need, and even be able to just take cracks at the part you need in just a few minutes if a heck of a lot better then hoping you get that Rare drop from a C rotation. Good god I burned about 40 keys doing 60min survival runs just trying to get a single C rotation drop. Guess what, never got it. Had to buy it.

The relic system stops that degree of bad RNG. The only real arguement ive seen for the Towers being better then Relics are the players that would regularly go 60+mins per run effectively milking their key for everything they could get. Having to farm up some extra relics for that big pile of ducats or quick plat fodder is just a silly complain. You are complaining about being lazy and having to do a little more work for the same reward. While the rewards you are after have been made easier, far far easier in fact, as an effect.

Ill never fully understand how this is a real complaint with people. Screw around with some Excavation or Survival missions. Use your farming time to Forma some gear. Maybe prep a gun or two for a riven you'd like in the future

Being honest, I have to admit that the relics themselves are more reliable. Hands down, I get more of the parts I want more often. When I am in a group and have a lot of the relevant relics, and therein lies my only problem. 

In order for it to offer the maximum benefit (or ANY benefit over the old system AT ALL), you have to grind relics, grind for traces, then grind the relics themselves to get the part you want. If you don't, you have to repeat the whole process, as opposed to running for keys and then running those for your parts. On top of that, if you aren't in a group, you're losing out on potential rewards, whereas I could sit in a Void Survival for 2 hours getting all kinds of rewards by myself and chatting with clannies. (Without the possibility of not getting rewards by playing by myself)

You have to grind a lot more to see ANY benefit over the old system, and running solo actively hurts your chances. You also have to basically ignore many of your nuke frames in order to ensure enough enemies are Corrupted to get Reactant drops and actually open the relic.

The most basic of missions now takes far longer to get rewards from, and has far stricter requirements to even consider being better than the older system.

Relics themselves are more reliable, yes, but it forces you to grind more to get to that point, and forces you to play a certain way in order to even guarantee a reward at all.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

12 minutes ago, corporatePaladin said:

Ive been playing since open Beta. The relic system is a heck of a lot better then the tower system. Being able to just go farming for the part you need, and even be able to just take cracks at the part you need in just a few minutes if a heck of a lot better then hoping you get that Rare drop from a C rotation. Good god I burned about 40 keys doing 60min survival runs just trying to get a single C rotation drop. Guess what, never got it. Had to buy it.

The relic system stops that degree of bad RNG. The only real arguement ive seen for the Towers being better then Relics are the players that would regularly go 60+mins per run effectively milking their key for everything they could get. Having to farm up some extra relics for that big pile of ducats or quick plat fodder is just a silly complain. You are complaining about being lazy and having to do a little more work for the same reward. While the rewards you are after have been made easier, far far easier in fact, as an effect.

Ill never fully understand how this is a real complaint with people. Screw around with some Excavation or Survival missions. Use your farming time to Forma some gear. Maybe prep a gun or two for a riven you'd like in the future

Except the farming now went from prime parts to relics. Some relics are stupidly hard to get which could take several hours to get a decent amount, and that is if you're lucky.
Add in that you need traces, add in that after all that you still don't know if you're going to get the part you want (obviously with a full rad squad you're not guaranteed anything).

I wasted several rads in full squads and we didn't get one single rare part. So yeah, the relic system is not good. For people like you it might be good (and that's perfect, if you like it then awesome for you to enjoy it more than the keys), but understand that for others it's not good or fun.

I will say this in all topics where the OP says the Old Void was better than the Relic system:

The fastest I farmed a new Prime (both warframe and weapons) in the old void was 5 days. In the Relic System, Nekros (and weapons) only took me 3 days and Valkyr (and weapons) only 5 hours. So you can say that now you have to farm twice and stuff, I tryed both and the Relic System in infinte times superior than the old void.

Edited by Emulad0or

3 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

Problem with relics is that it is a long and hard slog with no rewards considering once you have all the items from a relic any further relics of that sort are pretty much worthless to one.  

Not really, you can still use 'junk' relics when farming void traces, and you can turn any prime parts you get into ducats.

11 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Not really, you can still use 'junk' relics when farming void traces, and you can turn any prime parts you get into ducats.

for what purpose?   The larger unrewarding RNG that we spend most of our time on not getting the relic we need is supplemented by the RNG for actually running the mission to get the item already a ensures a steady supply of ducats (after all; they have pretty much abandoned baro inventory).   It is a double system, just not much of a rewarding one.

Easy enough to solo trace runs without a relic.  

27 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

for what purpose?   The larger unrewarding RNG that we spend most of our time on not getting the relic we need is supplemented by the RNG for actually running the mission to get the item already a ensures a steady supply of ducats (after all; they have pretty much abandoned baro inventory).   It is a double system, just not much of a rewarding one.

Even if you don't need Baro's mods or weapons yourself, you can trade them for plat which you can then trade for the prime parts you're missing, reducing the grind.

27 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

Easy enough to solo trace runs without a relic.  

Yes, but why would you when you can get more reward for the same effort?

The current relic system is far more reliable, you can actually get the parts you want with a good success percentage.
But now you have to farm relics that still rely on RNG, but the worst chance to get a relic is like 8% in C rotation, going to the best spot for the relic you want increases the chances alot. And you can help yourself getting the right relics via syndicates. if you have 2 full syndicates when the new primes are release (pretty easy) you have a good chance of getting new relics (maxed syndicates means 60 keys in a minute)
And traces are easy aswell to stockpile.
I dont mean the current system is 100 times better, but its definitely better. I think we wont ever have something more reliable than that, and as now im pretty happy to see how fast i can get new primes.

The only thing id like to see soon or later, is better bonus for endless relics, like a free radiant upgrade at C rotation or something in that range

Where is the down vote button when you really need it?

The Relic system is a heck of a lot better - considering you can actually choose from the 4 choices - instead of hoping for a single RNG. What took me weeks to farm in the old tower system have taken a single day or two. 

The Relic system is exponentially better ( except in spy missions - which tends to screw you over ).

I like the current system a lot better. By a mile or ten.

At least now, going in with a Rad. I know it's 10%. Per round. Another 10% next round. And most importantly, each round takes a whole lot less time than rotation C.

So I build 3 Rads. Go 3 rounds, endless or otherwise. If I get it great if not, 3 attempts, without needing to go through rotations A and B every attempt.

So yeah I like this system better.

Edited by Currilicious

The most reliable way to get any prime part you need is through trade chat. We can do this in several ways.

Spend money to get plat and find a poor but lucky Tenno to get the part from.

Continue farming your relics and fissure running and sell those parts for plat. Take the plat you earned to find an unlucky but rich Tenno to get plat or trade for the part you want that they (might!) have. If they don't profit with plat and use it to follow the previous suggestion. If you're super lucky, the part might just drop while you're doing your fissures anyways.

Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, corporatePaladin said:

yes agreed

lets not go back to that.....

2 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

At least now, going in with a Rad. I know it's 10%. Per round. Another 10% next round. And most importantly, each round takes a whole lot less time than rotation C.

So I build 3 Rads. Go 3 rounds, endless or otherwise. If I get it great if not, 3 attempts, without needing to go through rotations A and B every attempt.

Do it in a radshare, 34.4% chance per round.

71.8% chance to have that rare part you're looking for after three rounds of radshares.

6 hours ago, Emulad0or said:

The fastest I farmed a new Prime (both warframe and weapons) in the old void was 5 days. In the Relic System, Nekros (and weapons) only took me 3 days and Valkyr (and weapons) only 5 hours.

5 hours for getting the whole new prime access ?!! God, how did you do that ? I need a master :D

Even if this new system is not perfect, it seems a little bit faster to get the prime stuff and a little less frustrating because you can choose a less bad reward at the end of the mission.  But the need of specifics relics break the farm so I think we should win relic more often than currently.

23 minutes ago, Myrphak said:

5 hours for getting the whole new prime access ?!! God, how did you do that ? I need a master :D

Even if this new system is not perfect, it seems a little bit faster to get the prime stuff and a little less frustrating because you can choose a less bad reward at the end of the mission.  But the need of specifics relics break the farm so I think we should win relic more often than currently.

probably because hes playing the game and not of the forums complaining about the relics ;)

Edited by hazerddex

The Tower to Relic change reminds me of the Parkour 1.0 to 2.0 change.

You could theoretically go faster in some cases in 1.0 than 2.0, but 2.0 Improved the system in just about every single other way. From increased movement control to improved verticality. Didn't help the button presses though.

With Towers, DE was sticking every single new part into Rotation C of endless modes and while you COULD get multiple rewards from a single key, but it was definitely a lot more work than it is now. Relics made the missions themselves easier to do, added a way to tilt the scales just slightly and made the level of grind relatively equal between Veterans and otherwise. Since when new relics come out, nobody has a huge stockpile of them. In the end, this is DE's intention. To add grind for any kind of player, increasing the chances of them buying stuff.

The Relic system is an improvement in almost every way.

But some people can't cope with change.

1 minute ago, Zandermanith222 said:

The Tower to Relic change reminds me of the Parkour 1.0 to 2.0 change.

You could theoretically go faster in some cases in 1.0 than 2.0, but 2.0 Improved the system in just about every single other way. From increased movement control to improved verticality. Didn't help the button presses though.

With Towers, DE was sticking every single new part into Rotation C of endless modes and while you COULD get multiple rewards from a single key, but it was definitely a lot more work than it is now. Relics made the missions themselves easier to do, added a way to tilt the scales just slightly and made the level of grind relatively equal between Veterans and otherwise. Since when new relics come out, nobody has a huge stockpile of them. In the end, this is DE's intention. To add grind for any kind of player, increasing the chances of them buying stuff.

The Relic system is an improvement in almost every way.

But some people can't cope with change.

really my strat is to just stockpile relics till i get a lot for prime parts i want then do fissures theres no rush anymore so now i can focus on other stuff i.e gathering material hunting down mods etc

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

probably because hes playing the game and not of the forums complaining about the relics ;)

With more than 5000 hours on warframe (with 2 years pause on GW2) and 27 posts on this forum at my best, find someone else for this kind of answer ;)

Spoiler

a3de1b92-be76-4e35-8924-4686c05f68b7.jpg

I wanted to be sure that I'm not missing a new way of grinding a lots of relics, different from the syndicate one, that's all.

Edited by Myrphak