July 4Th: Community Hot Topics.

[DE]Rebecca

1) Alerts

The new system is up, Alerts 2.0. It will be a gradual visible change. Resource Alerts will come in Alerts 2.1. I want to highlight the main things we changed:

The old system chose a rarity level (Common, Uncommon, Rare) and an item from within this rarity at random every time. As more came into the pool, things became less likely to be selected, and at the end of the day it was random as heck which resulted in duplicates, dry spells, and imbalanced distribution.

The new system will run with the guarantee that everything must drop. When they drop is still random, but they will drop. We will be monitoring closely as the days go by.

The “Rare” items have had their durations doubled. So what used to be a possible 35 minute Catalyst is now at minimum 70 minutes.

If you want to see us discuss this on the Livestream, see here: http://youtu.be/a2ZJQr4m9Zc?t=1h6m11s

Pending inclusion to this table is the Esprit Helmet and the Manticore Skin.  

2) Melee Weapon Surplus (and priorities).

“We all agree there are too many melee weapons.” http://youtu.be/a2ZJQr4m9Zc?t=1h1m13s

The weapon content team is not the same team fixing the long term issues like bugs, end-game and difficulty. We all contributing to the game, some with short-term things like weekly content, and some with long-term projects to keep bugs at bay, systems in order, and focus on long-term goals.

If you’re concerned about Melee Weapon Surplus, the next weapon in the pipeline is a Grineer Shotgun! Concept Art:
5pmkmkw.jpg

3) Buffs incoming!

As a part of the efforts to make every Warframe an appealing choice, we’ve deployed the upgraded Volt, Rhino, and Mag frames. We will have 3 structured threads that layout the changes and the intent for feedback. Please provide your thoughts in these threads once you’ve tested the changes.

VOLT: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/73283-volt-83-feedback-thread/

MAG: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/73286-mag-83-feedback-thread/

RHINO: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/73285-rhino-83-feedback-thread/

Efforts are ongoing  to balance all the Warframes.

4) Mission Variety/Difficulty

Maintaining engaging content for long-term and high-level players is a challenge we’re working on fixing. We mentioned in the latest Livestream the inclusion of “Nightmare Mode” which will be dynamic and challenging missions with restrictions on how they can be completed. We are determined to add more variety and content to the core gameplay options.

5) UI improvements are in progress:

Here is a sneak peek at the new UI: http://youtu.be/a2ZJQr4m9Zc?t=1h10m10s . Overhauling the UI has been a long time coming! Sit tight while we put together a new front-end and make changes to the HUD.

Dojo price fixes aren't in the patch or discussed in the 7/4 hot topics? Sigh.

The last meaningful response I've seen on it was the one Steve made two weeks ago.

I have something drafted for this that will likely be ready tomorrow or Monday with the exact details. I know that's not saying much, but the fixes are almost in an announce-able state.

Is Loki going to get a buff as well?

I really think he is in need of one. Other than his 2 or Invisibility the guy is practically useless, aside from his base movement speed.

No he's not. Switch tele is a bit useless, I'll grant you that, and after his decoy nerf he's feeling a bit of the hurt but aside from that, he's far from useless. Hate it when people say that. He could do with some buffs though just to bring him up to par with the other frames who are getting some attention. 

Rebecca, I really think 'sounds' should be a hot topic. You guys are constantly changing them and it's creating a pool of annoyance, confusion and absolute mixed feelings of preference. It should be properly addressed. Latron Prime sounds were a let down for me, they're muffled. Lato sounds even worse too. But again that's my opinion.

Edited by Naith

No he's not. Switch tele is a bit useless, I'll grant you that, and after his decoy nerf he's feeling a bit of the hurt but aside from that, he's far from useless. Hate it when people say that. He could do with some buffs though just to bring him up to par with the other frames who are getting some attention. 

Rebecca, I really think 'sounds' should be a hot topic. You guys are constantly changing them and it's creating a pool of annoyance, confusion and absolute mixed feelings of preference. It should be properly addressed. Latron Prime sounds were a let down for me, they're muffled. Lato sounds even worse too. But again that's my opinion.

I don't see how he isn't useless if you take away his Invisibility. His decoy dies in seconds when you're in a tight situation. Not even enough time for shield to recharge. Not to mention Loki doesn't even have that much shield to recharge compare to other frames. His Switch teleport is useless, aside from getting up into high position during defense mission to snipe enemy down. However that is if you're using a semi auto rifle or the sniper.

If I haven't point out anything and there are things he is useful for please do explain how he is useful. Aside from his 2 and Base movement speed.

4) Mission Variety/Difficulty

Maintaining engaging content for long-term and high-level players is a challenge we’re working on fixing. We mentioned in the latest Livestream the inclusion of “Nightmare Mode” which will be dynamic and challenging missions with restrictions on how they can be completed. We are determined to add more variety and content to the core gameplay options.

From what i could see, it's not dynamic.

I see the restrictions like a poor idea. I already do it for fun (had fun in the first tries). I would only do these missions if i am forced or for a better reward. For me, it's just a convenience it becoming a game feature.

I'm gonna wait to see how it's going to be.

I don't see how he isn't useless if you take away his Invisibility. His decoy dies in seconds when you're in a tight situation. Not even enough time for shield to recharge. Not to mention Loki doesn't even have that much shield to recharge compare to other frames. His Switch teleport is useless, aside from getting up into high position during defense mission to snipe enemy down. However that is if you're using a semi auto rifle or the sniper.

If I haven't point out anything and there are things he is useful for please do explain how he is useful. Aside from his 2 and Base movement speed.

decoy can be used creatively to gather enemy's. yes it doesn't last long if you put it in the middle of a bunch of enemy's but because it has a high threat level it will sort of "direct traffic" into the desired area. that alone works great with anything AOE (esp. ogris and torid). if you add a buddy with vauban's vortex it is really strong.

Loki is the best frame for farming materials hands down. he is fast, can go invis, has a high threat decoy that can be placed almost anywhere and then be switch teleported to.

If all you want to do is damage go with ember. but if you have some skill try Loki.

WHY WONT THE UPDATE WORK it keeps saying it failed everytime i download it and i tried to get support it has taken them over 2 hours and th guy has not done anything i am getting sick and tired of it i sent him the files and everything and he  wont even talk to me

good stuff, bad stuff, and some bugs with this last update (8.3)

First of all, the ability color remapping to warframe's energy color is absolutely awesome, i love it, really i do. There are still some kinks to work out with it however, using smoke's blackest black results in abilities being mostly transparent with some white effects. Of course, while somewhat nifty, i think what players would want with this is the ability to say- make ember's flames black. (they look awesome green by the way) Volt's 'shock' doesn't keep color mapping after it chains between targets. Ideally it would be nice if the color mapping were applied to effects on enemies as well. Hopefully we'll see these things fixed down the line, but for now- I'm really enjoying this long awaited feature.

Secondly, dojo changes. I'm really glad we finally have an MOTD.... but message signs in the dojo are now much smaller and decidedly harder to read, this is bothering me on PC and clearly won't translate well to PS4. The older signs may have been a little big- but not unbearably so.