July 4Th: Community Hot Topics.

[DE]Rebecca

Reposting from the June 26th hot topics:

It's the strict NAT/contacts list/matchmaking/netcode optimization for hosts that's killing a lot of the fun for me. What's troubling is DE don't seem to address it in the recent livestreams.

It's getting to a point where I feel it's a chore to have to deal with these issues where there should be an easy fix for it like say in weekly hotfixes. Why is clan invites still borked for instance? I don't want to have to add every single member of my clan to my contacts list just so I can invite them for void runs.

Also with every hotfix it seems like the game is growing increasingly intolerant of strict NAT (something I cannot fix from my end because my ISP won't allow port forwarding and I can't get out of my contract anytime soon), so more and more people are appearing as offline in my contacts list. On average I only see 10-15 people as online in my contacts out of almost 100. Maybe one day it'll be a big fat zero.

Warframe is the only game I play that requires all this convoluted port forwarding nonsense in order to fix the matchmaking issues. Also some friends have said that even if they get the ports forwarded properly they still get the strict NAT message and a wasteland of a contacts list. I get no such headaches with Left 4 Dead 2, CS:GO, Minecraft. For a game whose main selling point is a 4-player multiplayer coop experience, I'm worried about the game's long-term longevity if they still insist on this port forwarding requirement/strict NAT intolerance/p2p system which is a massive barrier to entry at least in my country where we probably rank high on the list for the world's worst internet service (price to bandwidth ratio/draconian policies).

I'm dreaming of the day when we finally get dedicated servers per region. 

TL,DR:

Strict NAT/Matchmaking/netcode optimization for better client-host performance needs to a top priority in the coming updates and for U9.

Love the additions, LOVE the UI change and new lay out! ... Hate the rather broken-ness of the game though >..> I can't complete a single mission due to choppy animation and game play that I know for a fact isn't coming from my computer itself. 8 hours ago when I was playing before work, 70+ FPS no frame rate lag. Now I'm lucky to simply not DC mid void mission. Lost a Tower III exterminate key already....

I'd like to add this to say to ur developers team:

When thinking about new weapons dont think just about skin and stats! We need something that shoots different! Like the difference between a Braton and an Ignis... totally different play styles!!

I hope the new shotgun is not just a Strun or a Hek that shoots like a Bronco with different skin for example... i hope it will be ORIGINAL

decoy can be used creatively to gather enemy's. yes it doesn't last long if you put it in the middle of a bunch of enemy's but because it has a high threat level it will sort of "direct traffic" into the desired area. that alone works great with anything AOE (esp. ogris and torid). if you add a buddy with vauban's vortex it is really strong.

Loki is the best frame for farming materials hands down. he is fast, can go invis, has a high threat decoy that can be placed almost anywhere and then be switch teleported to.

If all you want to do is damage go with ember. but if you have some skill try Loki.

Lol,.. Skill to use Loki, hes just plain boring as hell,

nothing to do with skills,

granted,. you have to think a bit strategic to use the decoy though, if thats what you mean by skills,..

Regarding warframe buffs, what about Frost? Freeze has been damn near useless (only used it about 3 times in the last week, once just to see the new colour change) ever since it arbitrarily stopped working on more than one target at a time and there's no point ranking it up at all because the extra damage is worthless. I'd prefer it if it did no damage - that's what Ice Wave and Avalanche are for - and had an AoE freeze effect on impact, where at least the primary target cannot be thawed by damage taken.

Wrong forum entirely, but just something I saw on the first page here mentioning the colour pack, sheesh, agreed.

Isn't it 75 plat for essentially 3 colours? I can barely see any difference in the shades,..

I don't see how he isn't useless if you take away his Invisibility. His decoy dies in seconds when you're in a tight situation. Not even enough time for shield to recharge. Not to mention Loki doesn't even have that much shield to recharge compare to other frames. His Switch teleport is useless, aside from getting up into high position during defense mission to snipe enemy down. However that is if you're using a semi auto rifle or the sniper.

If I haven't point out anything and there are things he is useful for please do explain how he is useful. Aside from his 2 and Base movement speed.

Then I'm afraid to say you don't know how to use him properly. Either you need to stop using him entirely or change your playstyle. Sounds like you're using him in a far too offensive way and not being successful. This isn't meant as a 'well you suck and I'm high n' mighty' comment either, by the by.   

Decoy has many uses. Using the mod which extends your power duration is a help as well if you're that bothered by length. Tight situation? Maybe you shouldn't let yourself get into that tight situation in the first place. The amount of times I've decoyed, waited a few and then charged in meleeing followed by radial disarm. My teammates come on that crowd doubly fast. You decoy in preparation. As 'elitist' as it sounds, you need to try and anticipate what's going to happen and plan a few times. Loki isn't all about charging in (with invisibility...) and thinking, 'oh I'll use this power too'. Radial disarm is great all around. Loads of enemies causing chaos? Wack that power on, give your allies a breather and go to town. Follow that up with a decoy and you're laughing even further. Saved a few games with Decoy/Radial or the other way around, we were down to 1% on a pod once and completed the mission due to the fact I distracted the enemies and then disarmed them in a big radius.

As I've already touched on, it sounds like you aren't using the right mods. Streamline is great too. If you're getting annoyed by shields maybe you need to be more careful and actually pick your fights in a better way. You don't need to be that close to use decoy or radial disarm effectively. Never had issues with the length of his decoy, deploying it again is exceptionally easy. Any buff to Loki is welcome though :p. Use the essence helmet too for further efficiency and the missing armour isn't much of a problem if you watch what you're doing.  

Edited by Naith

INFORMATIONS! LACK OF INFORMATIONS! Everytime you guys post patch notes or ANYTHING it lacks of specific infos!!

A clear example:

Rhino's Roar: "This skill increase the damage of nearby warframe allies by 15-20-25-50%"

Ok fine, Duration at all levels? Range at all levels? Affected by? Focus? Continuity? Stretch? Affect all attacks? and skills?

LACK OF INFORMATIOOOONS!!

edit: and this goes also for weapon's stats, mod's stats, basically anything is unclear or needs to be discovered by players!!

Edited by Phoenix86