July 4Th: Community Hot Topics.

[DE]Rebecca

I have something drafted for this that will likely be ready tomorrow or Monday with the exact details. I know that's not saying much, but the fixes are almost in an announce-able state.

Again, we appreciate communication, but telling us what is coming does not fix the problem. Steve told us (for the most part) what was coming. It has, however, been just too slow in coming. The confirmation in Livestream 9 (that I just watched) that the Dojo fixes are coming in U9 is a terrible precedent and horrendously disappointing. The Dojo was the heart of the content in U8 and many of the most interesting weapons that have been released recently are tied to it. Accessibility for small clans being an entire major patch behind is just disheartening.

It would be very interesting to see the average size, average play time, and number of small clans pre and post U8. I imagine they have gone down. I know that my clan's play time dropped precipitously when we realized that it just wasn't feasible for us.

Edited by Kyrkitao

The new colours of abilities (especially Ember's flame) look very bad. I want to change it back. It's bad idea to give people the chance to change colour of abilities. Now you can see blue, black, pink, green etc Ember's fire or Frost's ice. Looks ugly and can confuse. Please, devs make this optional at least or remove.

Edited by AntLion

I wish we had a inventory key like most games so that way you can see what mods you have picked up as well as what materials and how much. Or do we have one and I just didn't know and I'm not talking about the "Q" key that only shows ammo and consumables.

I wish we had a inventory key like most games so that way you can see what mods you have picked up as well as what materials and how much. Or do we have one and I just didn't know and I'm not talking about the "Q" key that only shows ammo and consumables.

I'm not sure how usefull that would be: we can't mod on the fly and its all random anyway.

i played a tier 2 void mission with my friend and the stalker wanted me to hug his arrows, so we beated him and he dropped the hate blueprint so i picked it up and my game crashed (i was host so everyone got kicked out) and my friend gcity has it for some reason and me an yomaxx dont,

i dunno what went wrong.

5) UI improvements are in progress:

Here is a sneak peek at the new UI: http://youtu.be/a2ZJQr4m9Zc?t=1h10m10s . Overhauling the UI has been a long time coming! Sit tight while we put together a new front-end and make changes to the HUD.

Can you get Steve do two requests from me:

1. Make the In-game HUD moveable so the user can re-position the windows. Some of us play on 32" LED TVs and the aspect ratio is fairly big. For example having the health and the ammo near the centre of the monitor.

2. Put cooldown timers on the Warframe skills so that users know when they can use their skills again. You could make the cool down like an hour glass / fade the skill out with a bar then fade it back in.

I liked the change you did to Trinity's Energy Vampire as well.

Edited by Kinjeto

INFORMATIONS! LACK OF INFORMATIONS! Everytime you guys post patch notes or ANYTHING it lacks of specific infos!!

A clear example:

Rhino's Roar: "This skill increase the damage of nearby warframe allies by 15-20-25-50%"

Ok fine, Duration at all levels? Range at all levels? Affected by? Focus? Continuity? Stretch? Affect all attacks? and skills?

LACK OF INFORMATIOOOONS!!

edit: and this goes also for weapon's stats, mod's stats, basically anything is unclear or needs to be discovered by players!!

i quote myself to underline the importance of this point

INFORMATIONS! LACK OF INFORMATIONS! Everytime you guys post patch notes or ANYTHING it lacks of specific infos!!

A clear example:

Rhino's Roar: "This skill increase the damage of nearby warframe allies by 15-20-25-50%"

Ok fine, Duration at all levels? Range at all levels? Affected by? Focus? Continuity? Stretch? Affect all attacks? and skills?

LACK OF INFORMATIOOOONS!!

edit: and this goes also for weapon's stats, mod's stats, basically anything is unclear or needs to be discovered by players!!

Well, to be fair , they do do their best - so much is going on. It could be a little clearer though without much extra effort.

5) UI improvements are in progress:

Here is a sneak peek at the new UI: http://youtu.be/a2ZJQr4m9Zc?t=1h10m10s . Overhauling the UI has been a long time coming! Sit tight while we put together a new front-end and make changes to the HUD.

Can you get Steve do two requests from me:

1. Make the In-game HUD moveable so the user can re-position the windows. Some of us play on 32" LED TVs and the aspect ratio is fairly big. For example having the health and the ammo near the centre of the monitor.

2. Put cooldown timers on the Warframe skills so that users know when they can use their skills again. You could make the cool down like an hour glass / fade the skill out with a bar then fade it back in.

I liked the change you did to Trinity's Energy Vampire as well.

The first point is a must do, IMO. It would make the game appear much more professional.

Please tell me the Red-White-Blue color scheme costing platinum is a mistake.

I find it funny they made an exception for the 4th of July to sell the worst seasonal color set for actual money. Funny in the sense that they sold me something I couldn't preview under the premise that costing real money meant it would be of higher quality. They no longer have this kind of trust from me, this business-consumer relationship feels increasingly antagonistic.

edit: Since they're based in Canada, perhaps it was supposed to be a (bad) joke? Well the joke's on me, I guess. And future plat purchases.

Edited by PositronicSpleen

Since the world got an American colour pack for the 4th of July, does this then mean you're going to follow through with colour packs for other Countries' special dates and events?

A list of countries that can show patriotism through only the Red/White/Blue color pack:

Austria

Australia

Bahrain

Cambodia

Canada

Czech Republic

Cook Islands

Chile

Cuba

Denmark

Finland

Faroe Islands

France

Georgia

Greenland

Hong Kong

Indonesia

Iceland

Japan

Laos

Liberia

Monaco

Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

North Korea

Panama

Poland

Puerto Rico

Russian Federation

Singapore

Slovenia

Slovakia

Switzerland

Taiwan

Thailand

Tonka

Tunisia

Turkey

United Kingdom

United States

There are probably some I am still missing.

Edited by SmokeBraid

So I would like the core of the game bugs to be fixed but it seems spamming new content overrules that sigh like a previous post still having NAT issues cant play with most of my friends, and the horrible lag of p2p or whoever hosts which ruins the game play since I can see the charger in the distance but Im already hitting the ground,lol. And please better skills that are more dynamic and not spam everything death or skills that's are not worth looking at. Eg. Frost freeze , I probably used it twice rather give him something like ice shield that when contact is made slows enemies or ice path that creates a path of ice that increases the speed of a Warframe's slide since his so slow. Or a mist that reduces incoming projectile damage , Iceberg which encapsulates youself or another warframe in ice and restores vitality or an ice clone that explodes with aoe damage. I have tons of ideas for new abilities but they must be related to the theme of Ninja's in Outer Space, and instead of getting rid of ability entirely rather keep so there is an option to swap out abilities like you would playing Diablo 3 instead at least you can level it up :) , anyhoo gonna try Firefall today until some hotfix or update fixes the core mechanics of this game

I saw that new color pack and was going to buy it, assuming it was like the Easter and Valentine ones, only to see it's plat only :c

Time to wait for Easter 2014, I guess >.>

Arn't all the color packs plat only? Cuz if there's a way to actually buy them with credits, I'ma be angry at not knowing this :L

Reposting from the June 26th hot topics:

It's the strict NAT/contacts list/matchmaking/netcode optimization for hosts that's killing a lot of the fun for me. What's troubling is DE don't seem to address it in the recent livestreams.

It's getting to a point where I feel it's a chore to have to deal with these issues where there should be an easy fix for it like say in weekly hotfixes. Why is clan invites still borked for instance? I don't want to have to add every single member of my clan to my contacts list just so I can invite them for void runs.

Also with every hotfix it seems like the game is growing increasingly intolerant of strict NAT (something I cannot fix from my end because my ISP won't allow port forwarding and I can't get out of my contract anytime soon), so more and more people are appearing as offline in my contacts list. On average I only see 10-15 people as online in my contacts out of almost 100. Maybe one day it'll be a big fat zero.

Warframe is the only game I play that requires all this convoluted port forwarding nonsense in order to fix the matchmaking issues. Also some friends have said that even if they get the ports forwarded properly they still get the strict NAT message and a wasteland of a contacts list. I get no such headaches with Left 4 Dead 2, CS:GO, Minecraft. For a game whose main selling point is a 4-player multiplayer coop experience, I'm worried about the game's long-term longevity if they still insist on this port forwarding requirement/strict NAT intolerance/p2p system which is a massive barrier to entry at least in my country where we probably rank high on the list for the world's worst internet service (price to bandwidth ratio/draconian policies).

I'm dreaming of the day when we finally get dedicated servers per region. 

TL,DR:

Strict NAT/Matchmaking/netcode optimization for better client-host performance needs to a top priority in the coming updates and for U9.

Yup.

This should be THE highest-priority issue. Fixes are fantastic and new content is interesting -- but when a substantial portion of the playerbase can't experience the "multi" part of an online game multiplayer, it's simply ridiculous to let the issue sit and ignore the complaints flooding the forum.

Maybe it's a tough problem that will take a lot of time to fix, but at least address the issue publicly.

Edited by litlir