Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rush Mission, Kepler, Phonos. Almost literally impossible.

ThanatosTalos

Funny thing I just realized -- the video posted above is the first time I've ever even seen the corpus transports. In my playthroughs - even the one where somebody carried me - I never made it even close to the hangars. Without that video, I'd have no idea what the ships I was supposed to destroy even looked like. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2016 at 10:11 AM, MystMan said:

Follow my instructions and use afterburner in short bursts during short distances.
Use afterburner only when going straight, do NOT touch left/right while doing this or you will DO A BARREL ROLL! and slam into the wall.

And yes, the fabled Lith G1 can also drop from here. That's where I get mine.

I seem to have way more mines than in this video... also it takes far more than a couple shots to take one out.

I'll try again a few more times tonight but this mission is giving me fits.

4 hours ago, Kozikuru said:

I seem to have way more mines than in this video... also it takes far more than a couple shots to take one out.

I'll try again a few more times tonight but this mission is giving me fits.

They brought back the old flight system. If you're having trouble with 6D movement, you can switch back.

Options --> Controls > Archwing > Experimental Flight [ON] / [OFF]

ON = what you have now. 6 degrees of movement and all the sliding.
OFF = what it was before. Fixed horizontal plane and no sliding.

The number of mines does not really matter. What is important is that you have to learn to notice them as soon as possible and react quickly in shooting them down. I see other players not seeing the mines until they're right next to them being zapped despite having already been visible at the end of a straight corridor. Having quick reflexes is pretty much a must here.

As for the number of shots, are you playing solo or online?   With laggy hosts I notice that many of my shots don't count at all or there is a lot of delay.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 10:33 PM, Somb3rBivalve said:

I did this mission a few days ago just to see what was so hard about it. I beat it with ~15 seconds to spare with odonata prime, but I can see why it would be hard.

The time limit is very unforgiving, and you have to know the archwing tileset very well to know where you are going while you are spinning around uncontrollably and bumping into walls all over the place in the new archwing movement system that is even worse than the original archwing movement system.

The time limit should be increased to 5-7 minutes or else it is a progression stopper as shown by the OP. And it's not really a fun progression stopper either, so it doesn't give a new player any incentive to keep going. Instead they just say "screw this. I'm out"

A lot of the issue is the controls, yes. A lot of the issue is being unfamiliar with the tile sets, yes. But that time limit...ridiculous. Seriously. It's too unforgiving for a basic star-chart progression. This particular mission has become a serious stumbling block, and no lie, once I do manage to complete it (either out of my own sheer luck or through the luck of a PUG) I won't be returning to this mission. It's not enjoyable for me, and it certainly has the potential to make a newer player rage-quit. I'm going to have to watch the videos now just so I know what those ships look like on the off-chance that I make it to them to destroy them. One of my clan mates brought up a valid point: "we're flying through this ship for what reason? Why not just fly around outside of it and wait for them to deploy and catch them there? Seriously, who's idea was this?"

Edited by (XB1)Spaztic Magic

On 13/12/2016 at 0:01 AM, ThanatosTalos said:

Am I insane? Or the Rush Mission on Kepler almost impossible?

I have been trying all day to finish this node so I can advance on Phobos, but alas, my efforts have been fruitless.

I have even memorize all the possible paths and "shortcuts", but I'm still far from achieve it. I can literally go throught the entire thing barely wasting any time, getting rid of all obstructive mines and not crashing into any walls; I scratch them sometimes, but the game demands I have literally a flawless run, which I honestly thing is cow poop.

The only time I can close to complete it was a try where I got there with 10 seconds on the clock, which wasn't enough to destroy a single transport.

My guess is that I need to get lucky to get a run with a longer, easier route, with more time, less mines and a blessing from Cthulhlu, because I swear I cannot do it for the life of me.

Anyone is got any got pointer? Is there a way to earn more time? Or anything at all?

Rush mission is DE's way to say "f*ck you n00b, don't play archwings, we don't have any time to lose with beginners".

It is doable with an odonatrash, equipped an hyperion thrusher (you don't have one ? What didn't you understand in "f*ck you n00b" ?), by playing perfectly (you're a beginner ? what didn't you understand in "f*ck you n00b" ?), and by already knowing what the shield ships look like (you don't because you never finished the mission? what didn't you understand in "f*ck you n00b" ?). Maybe you need a better weapon than imperator as well (did you get the message or not ?).

It is very easy with a low-level amesha (amesha isn't slowed by mines and it has better base speed than odonatrash). I guess it is easy with an itzal as well.

So the best way to do it is: don't play archwing for now. Join a clan with amesha. Craft an amesha and do the mission. Another way to do it is: create a solo clan, play archwing to get some tellurium (or play tellurium alerts), research amesha, craft amesha, do the mission. If you're masochist, you may use an itzal instead - but itzal require far more tellurium, so that's many more mission to do with your odonatrash (tellurium will be easier to collect with an amesha than an odonatrash).

Whatever you chose, your odonatrash is barely playable at high level; archwings tiers are the trash tier with odonatrash (and its prime version), the elytron tier with elytron (this tier contains every "playable but not great" archwings), and the top tier with amesha and itzal. There is no reason to play odonatrash, except for mastery ranks - since rush mission doesn't give much affinity, there's no reason to play the mission with odonatrash.

If you want to finish the mission right now (and not when you'll have a non-trash archwing), I can carry you though the mission when I am connected and I have nothing else to do.

1 hour ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

Rush mission is DE's way to say "f*ck you n00b, don't play archwings, we don't have any time to lose with beginners".

It is very easy with a low-level amesha (amesha isn't slowed by mines and it has better base speed than odonatrash). I guess it is easy with an itzal as well.

If you want to finish the mission right now (and not when you'll have a non-trash archwing), I can carry you though the mission when I am connected and I have nothing else to do.

Um...I don't think DE has said any such thing to new players neither explicitly nor implied. This particular mission also causes significant distress to seasoned players. This mission's parameters just need to be a bit more relaxed is all.

My standard Odonata has served me well for every AW mission up to this one. Like the rest of the equipment in WF--it's not trash, it just needs to be modded correctly and used for a particular purpose.

That's a polite offer, truly. However, I'm not so sure others are going to enjoy having their AWs called "trash" while you carry them through. Just saying.

On 23/05/2017 at 7:22 PM, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Odonatrash is very edgy. It's like saying "Micro$oft Windoze."

On 23/05/2017 at 7:26 PM, Chipputer said:

It's not even edgy. It's just trying too hard.

At least Trash Prime works because Trash contains Ash.

It's not edgy. If you have a better portmanteau to state odonata is complete trash, i'm interested.

I mean, this piece of sh*t is unable to contribute in high-level mission like Cealus or Salacia; some archwings can easily do those mission solo, odanatrash can't even contribute. Elytron is a DD, it has higher survivability and better defensive ability than this trash.

Ok, so odonata is the first archwing, it's designed to be very efficient in low-level missions ? No, this piece of sh*t isn't even able to do the level 14 phobos mission. It dies several time in the quest mission, the very first mission you do with archwing, because it isn't even designed to succeed a the mission where you obtain it.

OK, so maybe it's designed to easily farm the other archwings? No, new archwings aren't archwing rewards. Atlas and gorgon wraith are archwing rewards, but amesha and itzal aren't. Someone at DE has brain damages i guess, and unfortunately he's designing archwing content.

Odonata is just a punishment for completing some quest. If the quest didn't exist, people would craft a better archwing and never have to endure this trash.

Do you want to know why people can't stand archwing? They're beginning with some piece of sh*t unable to meaningfully contribute to any mission, maybe this is part of the answer. They play their odonatrash assuming it is balanced with the other 3 archwings, they discover it's unplayable, they deduce the whole archwing mode is an unplayable piece of sh*t.

So again, if you have a better portmanteau to state all of the above, i'm interested.

On 22/05/2017 at 9:07 PM, (Xbox One)Spaztic Magic said:

That's a polite offer, truly. However, I'm not so sure others are going to enjoy having their AWs called "trash" while you carry them through. Just saying.

I couldn't care less.

People shouldn't take it personally: I'm criticizing trash content created by DE, not by them. I can understand they don't have any other archwing, and they need help to pass some impossible mission. What I wouldn't be able to understand is them thinking their odonata shouldn't be criticized, even though they're asking for help for a mission I'm easily succeeding with another archwing.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

• 2 weeks later...