Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My tiny arsenal - Sketch's miniatures+

Sketch065

----------ATTENTION-------

You can find new art by following these links: 

All of these can be seen in my Deviant art gallery (Sketch3065  http://sketch3065.deviantart.com/), but just for fun i decided to show them here.

I have been making these weapons for a few months now and there are many more to come, this is my current progress.

Two of them have been shown on Prime time #138, i hope you like the rest of them.

No banana, just 2 euro coin for scale (2,5 cm diameter (0,9 inch)).

--------------------------------------------

I have also decided to start posting other fruits of my labor, which may include: 

-Random drawings.   Mostly sketches, some may be good, most will be bad, some can be funny, some can be sad. I draw these durring free time between lectures. I do have a grafic tablet but i don't like using it. If you are lucky you may see a finished picture but don't count on it.

-Custom painted shirts

-Fan concepts

-A bunch of other things.    Seriously, i have a lot of hobbies and make many different things, i don't know what i'm gonna do next.

--------------------------------------------

-Skana (The first weapon i made, you can see that the paint job sucks a little more that on the other weapons)

skana___miniature_by_sketch3065-daihwgw.

-Tigris with Tekelu skin (and working lights)

tekelu_sancti_tigris___miniature__new_pi

-Despair (the blades can be inserted into holsters)

despair___miniature_by_sketch3065-daja2z

-Broken war

broken_war___miniature_by_sketch3065-dak

-Braton with IAH skin

iah_braton___miniature_by_sketch3065-dan

-Dragon Nikana (the blade can be inserted into scabbard)

dragon_nikana___miniature__unsheathed__b

I hope you like them,

Have fun.

Edited by Sketch065
Update

Thank you all, i am very happy that you like my craft.

Now to reply to some of your replies and answer some questions:

On 13. 12. 2016 at 5:58 PM, Cyriann said:

you earned a watch from me.

Sweet, a new watch! Is it a Rolex?

On 13. 12. 2016 at 6:11 PM, Yzjdriel said:

I clicked the link expecting a picture of a tiny Arsenal (like we have in our Orbiter).

This is way cooler.

If I wasn't dead broke I'd commission you to make some full-scale stuff; if I ever find myself being less broke, I may do so.

I am not really into making full-scale stuff, miniatures are easy since you don't have to worry about carving out all those tiny details, but you never know... I did had a plan to make Burston Prime airsoft replica, but not anytime soon.

On 13. 12. 2016 at 6:12 PM, AlphaPHENIX said:

You had to remind me that I don't have the IAH Baraton skin, you just had to do it!

Any way they are all still preaty cute. Nice to see there are still patiant enough people who can do these kinds of things :)

Yea, IAH is my favorite skin in the game.

On 14. 12. 2016 at 3:50 AM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

this is epic on a small scale 

sorry i was trying to be punny ...

i-m-watching-you-t-shirt-meme-monday-edi

On 15. 12. 2016 at 8:47 AM, Cortanis said:

That's rather impressive given the scale you're working with. How'd you go about doing it?

Step 1: Make a paper template

Step 2: Improvise

1 hour ago, Primbone said:

i really appreciate your crafts there :smile:

do you have 3d printer or something?

No, i don't have a 3d printer, it's all handmade. 3d printers are cool, but i like my craft way to much to ever use one for it.

"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey to it." -some guy, probably old.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, thank you for such a positive feedback, it gave me a boost i needed to finish my current project.

And it's a big one, i will post pictures of it here, keep an eye out for it in the folowing days.

Oh wow, those are so detailed and cuuuuuute!  They're all great, but my favorites are the Tigris and Dragon Nikana.  How do you make these tiny yet detailed objects?  I'd love to see your process.  Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

With my last comment i said that i will be posting pictures of my latest project in the folowing days, but unfortunately i ran out of needed material. I ordered new pack, but it won't be delivered until next month, so expect an update around the end of january ( since The War Within you must be used to waiting for updates :P ).

I have some free time in the meantime, so reply me with the weapon you want to see me build and maybe i will make it

( not for you, for me ( i'm not taking commissions (yet)) and with original or my colors ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On 17. 12. 2016 at 10:25 AM, arch111 said:

First: this is really cool and well made.

Secondly, so you do a template first,  from a printed lp model or do you print out a siluette and then build ut up? 

What did you use for structure, mass? 

Silhouette. And i don't print it, i draw it ( why does everybody think that i print things? where is the fun in that ). I first find a nice image on the internet and visually scalle it, then i tape a piece of paper on my screen and trace it, after that i draw in other properties that i can see and cut it out. It gives me a much better idea of how i'm going to build it. I also take a lot of screenshots in the game, but the easiest way is to somehow get the 3d model and work from it. I wish that DE would implement a better of object viewer in game, like it is in Borderlands 2 ( viewer in the codex is not very helpfull ).

On 17. 12. 2016 at 6:05 PM, xiaodenden said:

Oh wow, those are so detailed and cuuuuuute!  They're all great, but my favorites are the Tigris and Dragon Nikana.  How do you make these tiny yet detailed objects?  I'd love to see your process.  Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Maybe i'll make a tutorial some day. If i get bored.

• 2 weeks later...

To all my fellow Tenno i wish happiness and tons of luck in the year 2017!

I must inform you that during the holidays i didn't had any time to work on my miniatures, but do not despair, because i have a few drawings and shirts that you might like.

-Waiting for an update - I made this before The War Within update and ment to upload it with the title "Waiting for The War Within". I got the idea after i saw a tweet from DE, saying something like "you better start training" and i was like "yep, i better start training".

waiting_for_an_update_by_sketch3065-dau7

- Kubrow and a birdie

kubrow_and_a_birdie_by_sketch3065-dau7bp

Updated

spark_in_the_night_by_sketch3065-dawndx0

-Happy Kubrow - Just a happy Kubrow, full of joy jumping over the hill, searching for some bad guys to kill. (Sorry, i was trying to make a poem)

happy_kubrow_by_sketch3065-dau7au5.jpg

-Stalker T-shirt

stalker_t_shirt_by_sketch3065-dam2hhq.jp

-Zanuka T-shirt (no idea why it's turned that way)

zanuka_t_shirt_by_sketch3065-dam2grj.jpg

-Gustrag three T-shirt

gustrag_three_t_shirt_by_sketch3065-dam2

And for the end i have for you this totally awesome Warframe / Pulp fiction wallpaper with bad resolution featuring our Tenno bros, that i made in less than 5 minutes. Enjoy...

X8esgKE.jpg

Drawings are not the best, but i still hope you like some of them (maybe......   please....)

As for my current project, i'm still waiting for the materials i need to finish just one tiny thing. You can expect an update before the month ends.

Have fun

Edited by Sketch065
updating

UPDATE - Lex Prime

This thing is crazy. There is so much carving on it that i was affraid that i was going to give up and to top it off, for some wierd reason the golden paint i was using, dissolved my glue.

Any way, here is the first prime weapon i made (guess i'll have to get new paint for other prime weapons)
The carving took me 3 days plus one more for trying to get that stupid paint to work.
It measures around 7 cm.

lex_prime___miniature_by_sketch3065-dav1

Now with full reload animation.
Getting this to work is one of the reasons for why the carving took so long (i was trying to get a spring in there, but it kept blowing up).

lex_prime___miniature__empty_barrel__by_

I hope you like it.

latest?cb=20170127212929

Great, now i have to make another one.

Edited by Sketch065

UPDATE - Burston Prime

I had a friday off and nothing to do, so i quickly threw this together.
In lenght it measures 16,5 cm including the "bayonet" and 5 cm in height.

I didn't took a photo of it, but the magazine in the back can be pulled out like in the game.

burston_prime___miniature_by_sketch3065-

I hope you like it.

PS: If you want me to make a certain weapon you can tell me which one and maybe i'll move it up the "to do" list.

Edited by Sketch065

UPDATE - All in one

I needed a display for my weapons, so i went to my workshop, found a nice piece of plywood and drilled 1470 holes in it (The whole thing took me about 20 minutes(If you belive that)).
It measures 35 cm in hight and 50 cm in lenght, with holes spaced 1 cm apart. The purpose of the holes is to insert small pins into them, so i can adjust the display of current weapons and add more, that's why there is a big empty space on it. The sad thing is that i will probably have to make another one in future.

weapon_display_by_sketch3065-davuwiy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 19. 1. 2017 at 11:00 AM, BenzinNinJa said:

I am amazingly impressed with you skills!

I'd love to see a Grakata and Jat Kittag.

Do you have any plans about making an actual Warframe or any other units?

Funny, i am making a Grakata at the moment, expect it soon.

As for the warframe i have no intention what so ever to make one anytime soon.

Because i already made one....

Edited by Sketch065

UPDATE: WARFRAME

Finally we are here. I am finished with my great project of 2016.

After almost a year of working, crafting painting, glueing and fixing mistakes i present you my personal Excalibur.

I don't like braging about my work, but i am very proud of what i made and i really hope that you like it.

Enjoy.

sketch065___sculpture_by_sketch3065-dax0

It started off as a simple papercraft model, but it ended up so much more.

sketch065_back___sculpture_by_sketch3065

sketch065__armored_up___sculpture_by_ske

Every armor plate can be removed and replaced by a special system that i had to figure out before i could finish the whole thing.

hulta_leg_guards_by_sketch3065-dax10q9.j

Hulta leg guards

pakal_chest_plate_by_sketch3065-dax112g.

Pakal chest plate

edo_shoulder_plates_by_sketch3065-dax11s

Edo shoulder plates

mordred_helmet_by_sketch3065-dax126s.jpg

A face to remember.

exalted_blade_by_sketch3065-dax12fs.jpg

Exalted blade. Yep, this is turning into a light show.

right_arm_back_by_sketch3065-dax12pw.jpg

The back of the right arm

mordred_in_the_night_by_sketch3065-dax12

There are lights in the helmet aswell.

pakal_in_the_night_by_sketch3065-dax13gr

And of course there must be lights in the armor. I couldn't get a nice shot of the lights in Pakal so i hope you get the idea.

prisma_edo_sholder_plates_by_sketch3065-

Ha, i got you, you thought thet it was just a normal Edo plate, but it is in fact Prisma Edo plate.

excalibur_weapons_by_sketch3065-dax140d.

Now for the cool part, all the weapons that i made can be attached to the sculpture via magnets.

excalibur_weapons___back_by_sketch3065-d

terra_the_kubrow_by_sketch3065-dax14nj.j

And now for the really cool stuff. Every tenno needs a good companion by his/her side. Say hello to my beautifull female raksa Terra.

terra_the_kubrow__pic_2__by_sketch3065-d

terra_the_kubrow__pic_3__by_sketch3065-d

As it is with the weapons, the collar is also attached via magnets.

ruta_kubrow_collar_by_sketch3065-dax15m4

While the Kavasa collar is nice i felt like it didn't bring enought to my sculpture. So i came up with the design for this Ruta collar. Fan concepts topic -> https://forums.warframe.com/topic/756282-ruta-kubrow-collar/ruta_kubrow_collar___buckle_by_sketch306

WARNING!! (Protect your mouth and nose every time you are working with fur! Seriously guys, i was coughing up fur balls like a stray cat after only an hour of working without breathing protection)

Ruta buckle

like_a_christmass_tree_by_sketch3065-dax

Like a christmas tree. The Lotus symbol on the stand can light up aswell.

family_portrait_by_sketch3065-dax16ws.jp

Family portrait.

Again i had toons of fun making this set. Now, on to another victories.

It brings me great joy to see them finally finished and i really hope you like it .

Edited by Sketch065