Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod Mastery Rank

(PSN)Arkel-99

Question

12 answers to this question

On 18/12/2016 at 7:37 AM, KaeseSchnitte said:

But does it affect the potential strength of stats? So if the best I could ever get as damage multiplier with a MR 10 mod is 200%, would the best possible multiplier for a MR 14 mod be higher?

No. A mr 8 mod can be better than a mr 16. The mr req does not affect the potential a mod has in any way

10 minutes ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

not in my experience, but it does look like higher mastery rank mods tend to yield better possible stats more often than not. This is most likely coincidence. 

It's all RNG based on riven *disposition* as the potential strength, I have a mr8 Ignis Riven +147% dmg +blah blah, mr15 Ignis Riven +135% dmg +blah blah.

If you looking to squeeze out a few more DPS's out of your Rivens, look for a negative attribute that will not adversely effect your build.

In that case I've noticed them acting more like a corrupted mod, and boosting the other stats slightly.

MR is not a factor in overall potential, its the disposition.. MR at this point is just barrier to use. 

Just now, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

It's all RNG based on riven *disposition* as the potential strength, I have a mr8 Ignis Riven +147% dmg +blah blah, mr15 Ignis Riven +135% dmg +blah blah.

If you looking to squeeze out a few more DPS's out of your Rivens, look for a negative attribute that will not adversely effect your build.

In that case I've noticed them acting more like a corrupted mod, and boosting the other stats slightly.

MR is not a factor in overall potential, its the disposition.. MR at this point is just barrier to use. 

Yeah I know, but having gone through tons of rivens I said that I have noticed that higher mastery rank rivens tend to be capable of higher stats like my mr16 dread riven had 200% crit and my ignis had a huge amount of status.

On Tuesday, January 03, 2017 at 9:35 PM, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Yeah I know, but having gone through tons of rivens I said that I have noticed that higher mastery rank rivens tend to be capable of higher stats like my mr16 dread riven had 200% crit and my ignis had a huge amount of status.

That looks like coincidence honestly. Only Disposition strength affects how well/favorable your Riven Mods would get... which in case depends on what weapon you use.

But RNG is well... RNG so there is that too.

The MR of a riven at the time seems to be just an result of how difficult the challenge to unlock it is/was, nothing more and it's kind of unnecessary thing to be in the game as that already every (or some) weapon(s) has its own MR and to force (mostly the new) players to rank up just to use a riven mod is not fair.

The stats is part RNG and of course the disposition of the weapon (faint/neutral/strong) and the stronger the disposition the higher the numbers are. Its just a way to make (or force) the players to spent some time with weapons other than the all favorite ones everyone have in the game. Not a bad think I might say but the cap and the paywall on the available riven mod slots is making it difficult to make that happen as everyone keeps riven mods for the favorite weapons and sells/trade/recycle all the other. DE must raise the number of the available free riven mods slots.

On 1/4/2017 at 5:35 AM, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Perhaps RNG was good with you in 1 or 2 characteristics for a faint dispositioned weapon (also after how many rolls), but weapons with strong disposition tent to raise large amount of stats in more categories/statistics sometimes even in 4 different without a single negative too (I think 4 is the maximum number for different positive categories).

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 0:17 AM, ZombieLorde91 said:

That looks like coincidence honestly. Only Disposition strength affects how well/favorable your Riven Mods would get... which in case depends on what weapon you use.

But RNG is well... RNG so there is that too.

Yep I said it is probably coincidence.

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 2:29 AM, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

Perhaps RNG was good with you in 1 or 2 characteristics for a faint dispositioned weapon (also after how many rolls), but weapons with strong disposition tent to raise large amount of stats in more categories/statistics sometimes even in 4 different without a single negative too (I think 4 is the maximum number for different positive categories).

1st roll...