Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Log-in "rewards"

CresantTheRoll

I wanted to talk about something that has been bothering me for the past few weeks it's not really anything major to gameplay or any of it's mechanics but as the title suggests, log-in "rewards".

As everyone knows you get something for logging in whether it's 50-75% off plat or when you hit the goal of one hundred or two fifty days played those are fine. It's a free weapon, primed mod or even a catalyst or reactor. Now what I'm about to suggest is not change the log-in system again, but change the "rewards". I have over 200 orokin cells sitting in my inventory and what do I get? ONE orokin cell that I don't need. Same with gallium or a fieldron sample. The resource rewards aren't worth logging in for, why get one rare resource when I can do a mission and get over fifty oxium or six orokin cells. I'm not saying we need to have a hundred of each rare resource, but one just seems so not worth it. Make the log-in rewards for resources actual rewards, something to make it more worth logging in for. Or just change the reward overall, make it something that's just overall hard to get.

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

It's not like there's an actual game to play after you log in, right?

While yes that is true, but the point was the rewards are complete &#!. Again, why do I get one of something when I can go get more than that from a single mission? I was stating that they should either change those rewards to give possibly more or change them overall.

I don't see login rewards as being meant for veterans, that's what the milestones are. The regular rewards are there just as some small free thing for logging in that can help new players build up their resources, or get them that last little bit they were needing to build a new item.

What is a "reward" when you have everything, and how would any proposed reward change stack up after hundreds (or thousands) more logins?

28 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

cQ3elHF.gif

I absolutely hate this meme now. It's been used so many times on these forums it makes me want to puke everytime I see it.

Oh yeah and login rewards got reworked but are still pretty much meh at best. Its especially bad for long time players but really there's only so much free stuff that DE can give you in this...free to play game;)

7 hours ago, RoninJed said:

I absolutely hate this meme now. It's been used so many times on these forums it makes me want to puke everytime I see it.

Oh yeah and login rewards got reworked but are still pretty much meh at best. Its especially bad for long time players but really there's only so much free stuff that DE can give you in this...free to play game;)

We all know the rewards are... sub par... to put it nicely, but the game has proven to have much better options in this system that usually don't get handed out and are still valuable regardless of level or playtime. The occasional syndicate marks handouts could easily given a higher percentage chance over the resource stuff. All they have to do is implement the changes after certain login gates for it and in some cases drop the resource handouts to an approximate of what the marks are now. That rep bonus is far more useful for a reward over that 5000th gallium any day.

12 hours ago, Charlitoooo said:

103 days logged in. Never had 75% off. I know, RNG ... I would by plat everyday if I had it ...

I'm not even complaining about RNG. That's the entire game, it's just why have the worst rewards you could possibly get in something like this. There's almost no point in having these "rewards" for logging in, when I could just farm the hell out of them. You may as well not have a log-in reward system at all.

12 hours ago, Charlitoooo said:

103 days logged in. Never had 75% off. I know, RNG ... I would by plat everyday if I had it ...

Let me tell you my story and how DE's randomness screwed them out of quite a bit of money.

I've been playing for almost three years.  For the first two years I did all of the tricks to get the 75% discount.  Finally after almost two years I got the 75% discount.  I bought it immediately.  This year alone, I've gotten it 9 times.  But because I never got it, I learned how to generate the platinum I needed without buying it.  

So DE's silly extreme "randomness" with the daily reward has cost them at least a hundred dollars if not more.  I'm sure I'm not alone.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:09 PM, Maicael said:

I don't see login rewards as being meant for veterans, that's what the milestones are. The regular rewards are there just as some small free thing for logging in that can help new players build up their resources, or get them that last little bit they were needing to build a new item.

What is a "reward" when you have everything, and how would any proposed reward change stack up after hundreds (or thousands) more logins?

Yeah, Mr. Endgame doesn't need orokin cells but my friend who just started playing wouldn't mind an orokin cell as a login bonus. I hooked him up with some cheap but decent prime weapons and now he needs orokin cells to craft them. Heck, I need em too.

Given that the weapon and warframe blueprint rewards are tailored to the player's needs (you wont get a blueprint for an item you own or have previously mastered), I don't see why we can't have the resource rewards tailored too so people get the rare resource they have least of (and add Nitain Extract to the list of rare resources we can get).