Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes more builds choice - changes to abilities.

IfritKajiTora

Right now there are some builds that will make one or two abilities better and 2 others then are useless.
How to change abilities to have several builds on one frame.

For example there is problem in abilites that makes only DMG and duration, range doesn't do anything, so going for Duration or range builds, means that this ability will be useless. How to repair that?

All abilities should have something, for example Duration, range and strength do different stuff.
The great example is Frost Avalanche:
1. If you go for full Strength build, then your efficiency goes down, that means that Avalanche is powerfull reduce armor by great amount but it cost more energy.
2.If you go for full Duration build, your range will be worst but avalanche will freeze targets for longer
3.If you go for range build, avalanche will do small amount of damage and will reduce armor only by small amount, but you freeze all enemies in huge range.

There are more builds ofcourse but I want to focus on those three.
All abilities need bonuses from RANGE, DURATION and STRENGTH just like Frosts Avalanche have, and this will make several builds for each warframe viable.

Some examples Loki Decoy:
Strength (Makes decoy harder to kill)
Duration (already working on duration it stays)
Range (in what range decoy can shot enemies to get their atention)

Ash smoke bomb:
Strength (How long smoke bomb will blind enemies, it should be for duration, but smoke is stronger with power strength so it makes sense this way).
Duration (invisibility duration like it is right now)?
Range (in what distance smoke will blind enemies)

That's not the cause of it at all, nor do I think it's an issue. All stats affect all of Oberon's abilities, barring range with Renewal. Despite that I now have 9 endgame builds for Oberon which I regularly use, and multiple have reduced strength, multiple have reduced duration, and one has neutral range, which is the one stat that matters the least by how many abilities it affects. This is because builds are most effective for a specific purpose when built for a specific purpose, not when built for all abilities to be viable. Also, a stat affecting an ability doesn't make it necessary when building for it. I have high range builds for CC with Reckoning, and high strength builds for damage with it, while I never have duration in mind when building for it, because it's practically useless. You really should have thought this through.

Yes, min-maxing for one or two abilities makes the others less effective.

If you want a balanced build with 4 equally usable abilities you obviously have to make compromises. There is no need for some arbitrary inclusion of all 4 values in all abilities.

Range on smoke screen has an effect on its augment btw.