Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Attacks

MetroidHunter26

I miss when you could hold the button and it wouldn't make me do a swing and then start charging. It's just wonky and it sucks :( can we have the way it was before when charge attacks didn't have that attack before the charge? also bring back the old charge animations to it. these new ones aren't very "meaty" as some of the older ones (scindo charge attack anyone? :D MAGISTAR CHARGE ATTACK?! EH?! EH!?!?) alright that's my 2 cents again.

9 hours ago, funtimehippie said:

I second this. the old charge attacks were more effective. plus we didnt need them to be equipped to do the charge attack, except blade and whipes, or thrown weapons.

but i dis like the start swing it just feels  awkward to me.

I know right? Like what is this Fable 3?
I just want melee to feel good and fun. It's great so far but with some charge attack tweaking and how channeling works we could be seeing a lot more melee being great.

Yeah the problem with current charge attack is that it's unusable unless you're invincible.   You have to stand still like a fool while enemies move away and cover your face in bullets. lol

Charge attack from melee 1.0 could be charged from around a corner while moving, hence a tactical burst damage.  

8 minutes ago, Etharien said:

It's also largely due to the lack of mods to create a dedicated charge attack build. I remember back when the galatine was a beast charge weapon, and you built it around its charge mechanic.

There should be no seperate mods for charge and normal attacks. This is what ruined melee 1.0 when you had to choose between one of them and then only use one of them.

They should just make attack speed mods and buffs affect the charge speed and remove that extra swing you have to do before you can charge.