Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin and Hysteria are really starting to bore me

Sir.X

In a more simple way, I'm starting to not like how these abilities remove the challenge of enemies. Not that enemies aren't difficult enough, but there is a good amount of fun when you have to worry about not being killed so easily from a single rocket or bullet.

Iron Skin is pretty self explanatory. You cast it and become completely immune to everything except energy drain, and the only thing you need to worry about is your health. For an ability, it doesn't really make sense for a "Skin" to have health, but it would make more sense if it had "Durability", so as the more it gets hit, the lesser the ability becomes useful.

Hysteria is not really a "true rage" ability. Its basically Iron Skin but is only active if you have the energy to spend, and it drains even more if you let the range of it extend to 100%. It would make sense if it wasn't pure invincibility, but if you kill more enemies, you would receive less and less damage.

Basically, I just want these abilities to have more use than just "cast and forget". It removes the whole challenge of enemy scaling and having to worry about taking damage.

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

If you are using Iron Skin as a cast and forget ability you are using it wrong. 

If you are using Hysteria as a cast and forget ability you are using it wrong. 

Ironskin is a cast and forget ability until recast.

Hysteria CAN be a cast and forget ability as well.

Best way to avoid being bored by them.... stop using them. Use a different warframe.

Dude even 25k iron skin hp can go down to 0 in a seconds at higher level corpus missions ( especially sorties with lvl 100 augmented techs around). Iron skin was never '' cast and forget'' ability. You need good augments and builds to make it relaible.

Hysteria used to be immortality but DE changed that so you need to be careful with that.

Abilities are fine at the current state IMO.

heh, hysteria isnt "cast and forget", if you've ever used the thing since they adjust its energy usage, then you'd know that unless you're running with as much efficiency and duration as possible, a single mistep can mean a huge loss of energy, and thats not even taking into account that numerous things that can either force you out of it or make any energy you have left, vanish. which means any high level infested or corpus missions will tend to render it largely useless. really its a panic button, something you use when you hp gets low to heal back up to full

A note about hysteria:

its best used as a panic mode.

take my valkyr prime build(3 forma all mods at max)

steel charge

rush

fleeting

streamline

vigor

rage

steel fiber

vitality

intensify.

my build serves two purposes:

1) minimum energy drain in hysteria.

2) survivability out of hysteria while being able to recover that energy.

my venka prime are built for crit chance, dmg, raw dmg, and speed(p. Fury, berserker)

this makes them practical in and out of hysteria.

though i find hysteria absolutely 100% fun....so that's just me.

Part of me would like Conclave attributes applied to PvE

However I can see an over adjustment happening where Iron Skin, Hysteria, Warding Halo, Defy, and FireWalker get some Rift Walk treatment where you cannot pickup Energy orbs until the ability is disabled. (Meta Tier Trolling)

1 hour ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Part of me would like Conclave attributes applied to PvE

Conclave isn't balanced and yet you want conclave applied to PvE... It's like asking a game developer to throw all PvE stat in a PvE game and use PvP' stats where PvP are played for fun and thrill between players.

Oh wait. Like DE will adjust (all enemies' damage/health/armor/accuracy scaling factor, tenno' weapon/melee stats, frame' ability stats, Boss' health gate/ invulnerability, ammo drop rate, trap' damage)

Benefit vs Cost, and i'm sure the Benefit is much lesser then the cost.

I get what you mean, these abilities can get very boring & overall may not make too much sense. How is little Valkyr suddenly bulletproof/rocketproof/fireproof/etc.-proof by simply extending her energy claws? You'd think her adrenaline fueled rage would simply reduce damage or something.

But as it is, these powers are actually pretty decently balanced how they are now. Sure, a fully leveled and modded out Valkyr is a *complete* overkill on low level, or even mid-level Grineer missions. But try and play her on Sorties, or relic opening missions, or high level corpus missions, and you have to deal with these tricky little things called Nullifiers. Those Nully-Bubbles turn you into a big target instantly if they so much as touch you while you're using invincibility mode. And that doesn't even bring in things like Energy Leech Eximus', who make *any* energy based frames go through heck just by having one be in the same general area.

It would be nice to balance everything for everything when it comes to everything, but sometimes you just can't. You are always going to be over-powered in one way, and then either under-powered or even-powered in another. Sometimes things can be over-powered or under-powered in general of course, but you have to take in account of every aspect of the game that that thing applies to. If Valkyr, a frame that you get about I guess mid-game, is too powerful for low-level and mid-game missions, then so be it. If she was also too powerful for Sortie level 100+, then maybe take a look. But she's really only evenly-powered when it comes to those high levels, it still takes thought and skill to play her.

if rhino should get a nerf then i only would decrease little runnings speed from (1.0 to 0.95 or 0.90) because of iron skin. it makes sense because he makes an iron skin and this makes rhino logically heavier than before. but if you look at his Legs. he Rips them in Fitness like hell :-D

but in the other points i never would touch them. you have to offer so many slots for augments to make iron skin strong enough for high lvl endgame enemies. in my opinion. valkyr with her stats is little unrealistic. i mean cmon 600 Armor? she is also immortal with her 4.

but this is only my Opinion. xD

Edited by (PS4)NoVa_Erk

Again someone complaining about a skill that you use on missions level 15. Miramulor / ember related. 

Wait I try to think like OP. Can we pls nerf invisibility? cause it's boring y'know  ? game is 2 ez 4 me ????

Just remove all your mods dude, you'll get a squishy rhino, or don't play it.

I don't have an issue with Iron skin but I definitely do with Hysteria. Mostly because there is literally zero reason for extended amounts of invincibility to exist in WF or any game really. But I've been barking up that tree for a long time and it always gets controversial. Hysteria is the reason I don't really like val because its just... boring. It doens't do what its supposed to do, its kinda weak as an ability and it just generally seem cheesy. For the longest time I've really only ever seen people use it as an "Oh S#&$!" button and for rezzing allies. I don't often see vals running around actually trying to kill stuff with it. As far as I'm concerned it needs a total rework to actually make it interesting and useful for more then just as a panic button.

But eh, opinions and stuff. I honestly just think it could be way better then what it is. I'm not even asking for a nerf (although I guess technically it is because you can't really get better then invulnerability) but rather a rework to make it the bezerker rage its advertised to be.

8 hours ago, Gelkor said:

If you are using Hysteria as a cast and forget ability you are using it wrong. 

You say that but that seems to be how most people use hysteria. Just as a panic button reviving people and avoiding death. Very little killy killy seems to go on, which is kind of a huge part of the abilities purpose.

I never did hate these abilities, I just don't like how they are usually the main thing that people mod towards.

I would like Iron Skin much more if it was more of a "durability" type of ability, to where the more it was damaged, the less amount of reduction of damage you receive, and you remove the complete damage immunity in the process. Because most of these augments for Rhino seem to be more around getting more armor and replenishing the Iron Skin, but why is it just about Iron Skin?

I would like Hysteria much more if it wasn't pure invincibility, where the only way to keep up your damage resistance was if you were continuously killing, like a true "Rage" mode;the more she kills, the harder it is for her to die. Its very simple.

While I don't agree with op, I would still like to see hysteria reworked so it becomes part of Valkyrs kit again. Since the nerf, you need to specifically build for hysteria, or your energy usage is too high to use the ability very well, while also destroying your energy. There's just no point, when you should be building for warcry, a bit of HP and general Naramon melee (acolyte mods and that, which don't affect hysteria).
Hysteria needs to be changed so it either synergizes with normal melee, or has some other use that doesn't require putting away her weapons. Alternatively revert the change, because hysteria is nothing compared to Naramon.

Sorry for text walls, on my phone.

Edit: on iron skin, I think it's fine. The problem is more how well his kit works. Being the best tank and having a huge range cc? A bit much, maybe if he taunted and gave allies DR instead, for an ult.

Edited by Drago55577

1 hour ago, shadow18715 said:

I never did hate these abilities, I just don't like how they are usually the main thing that people mod towards.

I would like Iron Skin much more if it was more of a "durability" type of ability, to where the more it was damaged, the less amount of reduction of damage you receive, and you remove the complete damage immunity in the process. Because most of these augments for Rhino seem to be more around getting more armor and replenishing the Iron Skin, but why is it just about Iron Skin?

I would like Hysteria much more if it wasn't pure invincibility, where the only way to keep up your damage resistance was if you were continuously killing, like a true "Rage" mode;the more she kills, the harder it is for her to die. Its very simple.

In order to play high level content you must first mod towards survivability. 

Considering that your most used frames are Rhino and Valkyr perhaps you should try playing a frame without those skin type properties to get your challenge.

On 12/15/2016 at 0:24 AM, low1991 said:

Conclave isn't balanced and yet you want conclave applied to PvE... It's like asking a game developer to throw all PvE stat in a PvE game and use PvP' stats where PvP are played for fun and thrill between players.

Oh wait. Like DE will adjust (all enemies' damage/health/armor/accuracy scaling factor, tenno' weapon/melee stats, frame' ability stats, Boss' health gate/ invulnerability, ammo drop rate, trap' damage)

Benefit vs Cost, and i'm sure the Benefit is much lesser then the cost.

I thought I said Conclave Attributes....

Not just make Conclave the new PvE.

Some Conclave Attributes for example:

Hysteria is only damage mitigation not full on invincibility.

Defy is basically a auto-heal rather than heal plus extended  invincibility window.

Mag can get Over shields with no Augment in Conclave .... (Not sure how this would be a bad thing in PvE, but I'll take your word for it.)

I'm sorry for suggesting some Conclave attributes be added to PvE.