Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[OOC] The mystery of the abandoned station

Sharpstriker

This is the OOC thread to the RP, "The mystery of the abandoned station", here's where you can ask questions, converse, plan things out, etc...

If you wish to join the RP but don't know how or when, please ask me and we'll work something out.

If you wish to have something clarified, just ask, though I won't give away spoilers.

If you have suggestions or ideas for the RP, let me know.

If you need anything else, just ask me or other players.

Let me know your thoughts on the RP so far.

Edited by Sharpstriker

1 minute ago, Drakeardian said:

What is the plot behind this?

To summarize the first post on the RP, a large object was detected outside the solar system by the Ocrus relay. The object was later determined to be a station as it was no planetary structure or anything along those lines. Anyone you looks at the station ends up scratching their heads at the possible function of such a station. Initial scans to find life come up negative, and their are no obvious signs of anything being amiss outside of the near planetary sized station being empty. Most attempts to land in the station have been met with retaliation by the automatic defense system. After some time scouting, it has been determined that there's an area where the defenses are down. So the mission is to enter through this area, shut down the defenses so more tenno can join you, and ultimately determine what happened to the previous occupants.

2 minutes ago, Sharpstriker said:

To summarize the first post on the RP, a large object was detected outside the solar system by the Ocrus relay. The object was later determined to be a station as it was no planetary structure or anything along those lines. Anyone you looks at the station ends up scratching their heads at the possible function of such a station. Initial scans to find life come up negative, and their are no obvious signs of anything being amiss outside of the near planetary sized station being empty. Most attempts to land in the station have been met with retaliation by the automatic defense system. After some time scouting, it has been determined that there's an area where the defenses are down. So the mission is to enter through this area, shut down the defenses so more tenno can join you, and ultimately determine what happened to the previous occupants.

Sounds like we're gonna look around the BSL from Metroid Fusion. 

Just now, Sharpstriker said:

I haven't played Metroid Fusion, so I couldn't say, however hopefully i can make it so that it doesn't sound like i'm just ripping off the story from that game.

As long as you don't use a parasite that infest, copies and then boosts up everything having around 1% of bio-tissues. I'd say you're clear from copy pasting. 

And if you haven't played it I recommend it, this game has the feel of the prime series in a 2D platformer, and an interesting story. 

3 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

As long as you don't use a parasite that infest, copies and then boosts up everything having around 1% of bio-tissues. I'd say you're clear from copy pasting. 

And if you haven't played it I recommend it, this game has the feel of the prime series in a 2D platformer, and an interesting story. 

Yeah, I did not have that in mind, if you wanted to put a name to what I had in mind, I'd say pseudo infested or infested evolved would work. You'll get what I mean as this continues, though i will say, keep on your toes if you plan to join in.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

What are the allowed races

Can we have custom gear (gear that's not in the game, but entirely possible in the universe, i.e. power harnesses)

The races are what we currently have in the games universe. However if you want to be a character of a race other than a tenno, could you wait till the story starts to open up before you join in.

As far as gear goes, it's whatever you can find, you don't have to stick with the weapons from your starting loadout. Also, I don't really care how you use your weapons as long as it's within reason.

To give you an idea of what weapons you can get a hold of, there's the top level with maintenance and defense equipment which could predate the normal tenno weapons. Then there's a manufacturing/ development level and a research level where there might be some interesting equipment.

Edited by Sharpstriker

I would like to join in too, if I could. I would also have a Galatine Prime with rending cane specifically. Is there interference from the station that would stop us from communicating with Ordis and Lotus? Operator name TBD.

Don't reveal this spoiler if you haven't done Second Dream yet.

Spoiler

Are we allowed to use our operators?

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_4234020320_2-4-10-3-8-5-5-6-5-16-9-5-49-0-10-55-2-5-411-5-10-479-1-10-481-7-10-762-3-10_49-8-479-7-55-6-762-7-2-12-411-8-5-9-481-7-3-18-16-11_0/en/1-0-19/0

4l3ih6.jpg vmLWUo.jpg 

Edited by Disruptis

7 hours ago, Disruptis said:

I would like to join in too, if I could. I would also have a Galatine Prime with rending cane specifically. Is there interference from the station that would stop us from communicating with Ordis and Lotus?

Don't reveal this spoiler if you haven't done Second Dream yet.

Hide contents

Are we allowed to use our operators?

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Valkyr/t_30_4234020320_2-4-10-3-8-5-5-6-5-16-9-5-49-0-10-55-2-5-411-5-10-479-1-10-481-7-10-762-3-10_49-8-479-7-55-6-762-7-2-12-411-8-5-9-481-7-3-18-16-11_0/en/1-0-19/0

4l3ih6.jpg vmLWUo.jpg 

I have nothing against letting you join, in fact this would be a good point for you to join in. Just remember my warning about smart decisions.

To answer your second question, you can, however i'd simply recommend that you be careful when doing so.

• 1 month later...

The OP redirected me to this so i'll give my info.

Frame: Inaros with anubis helmet he's wearing the pakal armour set and the syandana is the solstice banner. He's more prone to use his 1 and 4.He uses the rage mod,so he never runs outa energy.

As for the weapons:

The primary is the supra, built for status. Uses puncture and corrosive.

The secondary is the Lex prime with the hydraulic crosshairs built in for precision shooting.

The melee is the jat kittag with the vulcan blitz mod.

His colour is black and white with bright orange energy colour. The pics i'll post this evening.

Hope this fufills the reqs

Altight, I posted in the wrong place before, but here's the info:

My operators name is Adriax, who wields a black, red and gold Volt Prime(wearing the Arrester Helmet and Amp Skin), a Vaykor Marelok, Dakra Prime, and a Vulkar Wraith. I'm modded to use all of my frames abilities effectively. My focus school is Zenurik, and I use Energy Siphon so energy isn't a problem.

Hope this is better!

Edited by (PS4)LastDoomKnight

On 2/14/2017 at 0:28 PM, MarkCT3312 said:

Rhino Frame

Main Weapon: Burston Prime

Sidearm: none

Melee: Jaw Sword

Spare Melee: Karyst

Is this a good enough intro?

That's fine, you'll enter in the sector with LastDoomKnight, however you won't show up as the current events unfold, you'll come in when things die down.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the not posting all the OOC stuff in here. Just trying to learn my way around. Anyways, here is my character intro.

1. Frost Prime

2. Soma Prime

3. Lex Prime

4. Nikana Prime

5. Carrier Prime

6. Sweeper Prime

Again, I'm sorry for not post all the OOC stuff in here. Just a few more details, my frost prime uses the Harka skin along with the Koga skin for the nikana. Also, so I won't forget, how do I delete posts that I make? Finally, where do you think my character should come in?

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NIGHTMARESNINJA said:

Sorry for the not posting all the OOC stuff in here. Just trying to learn my way around. Anyways, here is my character intro.

1. Frost Prime

2. Soma Prime

3. Lex Prime

4. Nikana Prime

5. Carrier Prime

6. Sweeper Prime

Again, I'm sorry for not post all the OOC stuff in here. Just a few more details, my frost prime uses the Harka skin along with the Koga skin for the nikana. Also, so I won't forget, how do I delete posts that I make? Finally, where do you think my character should come in?

What area are you going to try an land, an online sector or an offline sector?

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)NIGHTMARESNINJA said:

1. Frost Prime

2. Soma Prime

3. Lex Prime

4. Nikana Prime

5. Carrier Prime

6. Sweeper Prime

To delete posts, just click edit on the ones you want to get rid of, then electric all the text, and type ((ignore this)) or something because you can't really fully delete the post.