Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughs after 500 hours time played

Aphyxia0

Here are a few thoughts on additions for features that have occurred to me after 500 hours of play time (by the profile).

Matchmaking:

• Add option for single run match - Players will automatically leave after the run
  • Add option for designating yourself as the host, meaning others can only join your session and the game won't put you in other's sessions.
  • Add option for minimum mastery rank when public matchmaking. You will not be matched with players under this set mastery rank.
  • Add ability to kick players when three requirements are filled: you are the host, mission timer has not been started, not in mission.
  • Removed "wait for other players" when going to relay if matchmaking is set to public.

Relay changes:

• Make relay respect the players FoV slider

Other changes:

• Remove freezing barrels from all tilesets. Explosive is nice is as chest opener. Freezing is just annoying.
  • Reinforced glass HP * 100. Not fun when somebody brings a syndicate proc.
  • Increase reactant drop in endless fissures. this should fix losers not getting enough reactant for opening a relic.
  • Remove damage cap on nullifier bubbles. A single shot with high enough damage should be enough to break the bubble.
  • Nullifier bubbles should reduce in size faster when attacked. This is a problem when using a weapon with fast firerate.

Bigger things:

• auction house

Invisible walls

• Enlarge playable area in maps. The Neptune, Pluto maps are especially prone to fading to black and warping you back even at low heights when bullet jumping.
  • Make returning to map from inaccessible areas not disable your powers.

Excavation

• Excavator should scale with enemy level like in defense.
  • Enlarge excavator power pickup radius and can pickup even when swapping weapons. Disable jumping to rope when energy cell is in range.

Endless missions:

• Add the bonus modifiers from relic fissure endless missions to normal missions. Maybe have all of them apply after every 4 rounds so that the first 4 rounds (20 waves, 4 excavations, 20 minutes, etc) is the same as before.

Damage 3.0:

• Just have the damage mod go into a special slot like exilus slot for warframe.

Weapons:

• Add config D (fourth config) or more.

Sorties:

• Remove the 3 nitain from sortie loot. This is even more useless than 2k endo and it is a very bad feeling when after hard sortie I get this reward.

Archwing:

I made an entire topic about this and nothing has been done to alleviate these problems. I'm very sad and disappointed that you managed to make archwing worse than it was and say it's better and do nothing more about it.

Otherwise the game has potential and I enjoy it.

Good suggestions, for the most part.

Regarding the changes to Archwing: I think the ideal solution would be a button to swap between Archwing flight modes. They don't need to completely undo their work, but for the players who preferred the old style it would be considerate to allow them to use it. (It must still exist in the code, since Titania still uses it and I believe underwater missions do too.)

On 12/15/2016 at 4:12 PM, Aphyxia0 said:

Other changes:

• Remove freezing barrels from all tilesets. Explosive is nice is as chest opener. Freezing is just annoying.
  • Reinforced glass HP * 100. Not fun when somebody brings a syndicate proc.
  • Increase reactant drop in endless fissures. this should fix losers not getting enough reactant for opening a relic.

Excavation

• Excavator should scale with enemy level like in defense.

Just wait till the ones that proc Blast actually work.

The barrels were either from someone playing Doom 2016 too much or purposely added to further hinder stealth farming. They do nothing but annoy players otherwise and their placement is idiotic. The airlock thing was cute 3 years ago. Now it's just a way to slow players down. Similar to the Barrels and Reactant.

I like the excavator having low HP. The mission doesn't fail if you loose it anyways. The Defense objective doesn't scale like enemies either. It just scales with the initial map level and you eventually end up in one shot territory anyways. There's really no difference in the grand scheme. Only those 1k Cryo and leave people would benefit.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I like the excavator having low HP. The mission doesn't fail if you loose it anyways. The Defense objective doesn't scale like enemies either. It just scales with the initial map level and you eventually end up in one shot territory anyways. There's really no difference in the grand scheme. Only those 1k Cryo and leave people would benefit.

Yeah, they'd eventually be one shot territory but not too soon and this would make frost/nova less mandatory in excavations and judging from some changes, I believe this is what DE wants, at least for frost.

29 minutes ago, Aphyxia0 said:

Yeah, they'd eventually be one shot territory but not too soon and this would make frost/nova less mandatory in excavations and judging from some changes, I believe this is what DE wants, at least for frost.

They coulda done that by NOT making the Osprey so completely cheese ball. Never missing and being immune to majority of CC. Slow and Bunker are literally your only options against Osprey.

Same with Frost in Defense missions. He wasn't required until they added Nullifiers and players had no other answers.

DE is the cause of these pigeon hole situations and instead of going back and fixing their mistakes they make all new ones in attempts to fix the result of the problem and not the problem itself.