Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfilled Niches

Unus

18 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

I can't think of anything that hasn't already been mentioned, but I totally agree with lots of the ideas here. They'd be plenty of fun!

Eh, all opinions can be good opinions if it shows you cared enough to read and think about the topic at hand, thanks for your insight.

On 12/16/2016 at 4:36 PM, Unus said:

Digital has indeed constructed several variations on revolvers, what constitutes a "good" one in your eyes?

make one with incredibly high damage, compensate with long reload and high recoil

Basically I want a revolver skin for the lex

Edited by Greenshockclaw

I'd like to see the secondary fire used to toggle between fire modes more often.  Switch between auto/burst/single, maybe with the fire mode affecting damage/stability/RoF? (I know that doesn't make sense in the conventional way, but hey, space magic).  

Even more fun imo, how about rifle secondary fire to use an underbarrel grenade launcher, a la noob tube?  It could either draw from two ammo pools, or give the underbarrel launcher a recharge time.  Not just limited to a grenade either, perhaps a flare to stun enemies in a radius?

1 hour ago, Greenshockclaw said:

make one with incredibly high damage, compensate with long reload and high recoil

Basically I want a revolver skin for the lex

Ahhhhhh, I gotcha, something like me ole Trokar over in the Pit, high caliber, high risk, that sorta deal.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Dyalar said:

I'd like to see the secondary fire used to toggle between fire modes more often.  Switch between auto/burst/single, maybe with the fire mode affecting damage/stability/RoF? (I know that doesn't make sense in the conventional way, but hey, space magic).  

Even more fun imo, how about rifle secondary fire to use an underbarrel grenade launcher, a la noob tube?  It could either draw from two ammo pools, or give the underbarrel launcher a recharge time.  Not just limited to a grenade either, perhaps a flare to stun enemies in a radius?

Sounds like, with the recent birth of the Stradavar, things might be looking bright for your future weapon selections.

As for the underbarrel, AHA! Somehow, that never struck me as something even when I made some thing quite similar not but a few months ago! Might have to start catelogueing these ideas in the front thread piece, just to keep things. . . uh. . . fresh?

So a tricked out AR 15 or 10 with a suppressor to give it the innate quietness.

I would get behind this; also I would like to have both a tenno version of the ak and AR/M4 rifles. The karak is nice as a grineer weapon and a nod to the both I think, but I miss burston original skin it had and style as it looked like some really old weapon that still found its way onto the battlefield. 

Edit: Burston sorta reminds me of XM-8 maybe have that also in tenno style for the game.

Edited by Dewsitine

2 hours ago, Dewsitine said:

So a tricked out AR 15 or 10 with a suppressor to give it the innate quietness.

I would get behind this; also I would like to have both a tenno version of the ak and AR/M4 rifles. The karak is nice as a grineer weapon and a nod to the both I think, but I miss burston original skin it had and style as it looked like some really old weapon that still found its way onto the battlefield. 

Edit: Burston sorta reminds me of XM-8 maybe have that also in tenno style for the game.

Oh, apologies sir/mam, I wasn't trying to make some kinda "hyper-tactical" all-purpose rifle or some chimeric amalgamate out of all of those concepts alla Old Man War's Empee, I'm just ferreting out "Common Core" weapons that are native to dozens of other modern/future gaming realities which Warframe's universe seems to have skipped or overlooked.

As an aside, I find the Braton series to be interesting to poke at inner-workings wise, especially it's really unique "alternating holes" bullet ejector design. It feels like a FAMAS mated with a Bizon using a Kalash 74's magazine, but the parents got embarrassed and put the baby up for adoption where it got adopted by the Kalash family and ended up in service to every single "unofficial" armed force in "modern" existence.

Geezus. . . that analogy got. . . interesting.

Edited by Unus

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Uh, apologies for the resurrection, but, I gotta ask, is there anyway I could sticky note this chap for myself so I can come back to it occasionally for fill-in and/or a refresher?

depending on your browser you might have a star or similar in your adress bar to klick to favorite this. Then you can allways find it under your favorites.

Adding back to topic.

a onehanded hammer would be nice too.

10 minutes ago, Kangarad said:

depending on your browser you might have a star or similar in your adress bar to klick to favorite this. Then you can allways find it under your favorites.

Adding back to topic.

a onehanded hammer would be nice too.

Ah! Wish I had one upon my phone then. Guess beyond that, I should keep my postings spareing so I can come back here through my own profile. Thank you for the timely answer all the same!

Also, ah, zeh humble claw hammah. Any mook can swing those big bludgeons about like giddy children, why not have the satisfaction of a single handed armor-breaking bludgeon? Bonus points if the (pardon the morbidity) stealth kill is to jam the hook through a foes bottom jaw and slam them into the ground.