Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs when playing defense missions after Host Migration

JackFraust

This has happened pretty much every time when playing a defense mission and the host leaves, lags out, or whatever... The enemies will stop moving out of their spawn points, making players have to go to each spawn point in order to get the enemies to move. Take, for instance, when playing Hydron, Sedna, if the host leaves during the wave intermissions, but the other 3 players want to stay, the host migration initiates, we all spawn back in the mission and the enemies start to spawn immediately afterwards, but they will not move until a player get close enough to get them to move (which is within their attack range).

Another bug that occurs (or at least I hope is a bug) is that, after a wave intermission, when I'm the only one left due to the others leaving after the first set, the enemies seem to be way stronger than they should be. For instance, I playing my Saryn, whom I built for using Spore mostly; during the first set of waves in Hydron, Sedna, I literally kill just about every enemy, blowing through the first set (and usually the second set as well, when there are still 4 players). Then during the intermission after the first set of waves, my other teammates leave and I stay thinking I can take the second set alone for an additional reward. I spawn in the mission after the host migration and then the enemies come, only for me to find out that they are literally taking 3-5 times longer to kill compared to when all 4 players stay. It seems to me, having 4 players will amp up each player as well as the enemies (excluding any aura mod's effects), but when players leave, the player's "amp up" dies down while the enemy's remains, making them seem much stronger in comparison.

Because of my ranking and equipment level, I have only really noticed these during high leveled defense missions, so I am unsure if this is an issue on lower leveled defense missions.

I have noticed this when playing missions like Hydron, Sedna. When the spawn bug happens after the host migration, the bug will fix itself after the pod's elevator moves to a different level (possibly due to the enemy spawn delay somehow resetting the enemies spawns).

Iv'e had similar experiences, (enemies spawn but do NOT move from their spawn locations), at least three times recently. 

As far as I can recall this has only occurred on Grineer Defense missions. Once on the Defense map where the pod is on an elevator which moves up and down in between waves, and other where the pod is on the platform hung from a rail, which changes locations between waves. In each case this was after 5 waves, all other players elected to leave on the 5th wave, where I continued. On the following wave enemies spawned but would not leave their spawn locations at all. On one mission, I continued until wave 10, all enemies remained at their spawn location for all waves. I do not recall if the pod moved during those waves. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is about the bug with enemies staying at their spawn points. In the case of the defense missions like Helene (Saturn) it is well-known that a host migration is the cause, but not every host migration causes enemies to stop moving. This only happens when the elevator is up and I believe I know why that is crucial.

When the mission starts the elevator will always be down. It's the default condition. A host migration starts a new session or whatever for whoever is going to be the new host and by default the elevator in a new session should be down. The AI then tries to locate the objective but of course it's not there because the elevator was moved up in a previous session.

I imagine it'd be quite easy to implement a sort of flag for the elevator's location that is carried over to the new host... DE reads these forums, right?

Also, what happens when you lure enemies to the bottom where they expect the cryopod to be? They'll shoot the cryopod. Or rather, shoot the air where the cryopod would be. They can even deal damage to it that way and some of the geometry goes crazy.

4fd7d829025243df8a884d4719c2f3f9.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This just happen to me on Helene, Saturn. I did a little testing. It's because after host migration the cryopod spawns in both locations like the pic above. One will be visible, but not solid. The other will be solid, but not visible. However enemies can damage either. I believe the AI can't comprehend two targets on this map, and that's making them not move until they see a player. Because attacking the player comes first. I also believe the two pods spawn either when the pod was about/is moving locations; or what the above post says, and the host leaves. Also after the pod move back down the AI had no problem moving and finding the pod. I don't know if this is because that fixed the bug or because both the locations where the same the AI's coding no longer "questioned it." The pod never moved back up, so I don't know if the AI would stop moving again. If that did happen that means the bug didn't fix it self. There is also the chance that both the cryopods are on different move phases (This is unlikely. But I don't know how it's coded, so it's possible). If I get this to happen again I will do some more testing. I hope this helps in some.

• Like 1