Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open OOC] The Apocalypse Part II - The Journey. [Registration Closed]

Zeus154

REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. IF YOU WANT TO APPLY, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR SPACE WITHIN THE THREAD.
-Management.

A world, that has been ravaged by some unknown weapon, it teeters on the brink of either insanity or wasteland justice. People die from bandits, raiders, or from a lack of food. It is a desparate world out there. A group had set out in the harsh Europa tundra, looking to help find some sort of salvation. A beacon that they can call hope and to put an end to the dismal misery that is The Apocalypse.

This is the apocalypse, where it’s road rules; there aren’t any. Take, steal, pilfer, or whatever you need to do to survive! Or abide by any moral code that you deem fit.

Hello and welcome to the new and improved Warframe Apocalypse OOC Thread! This new thread reflects a new beginning for Apocalypse as a roleplay and with the experience that I have gained, hopefully it can immerse you within a world that is different from the worlds and stories that have been crafted in the game’s universe.

Here, this is a different take of the universe. It has been around two years after the apocalypse had begun and we set off on an adventure with our protagonist group.

Some groundwork to follow:
One - This thread will have many things that will be potentially graphic. Violent, disturbing, and shocking, it will be part of this thread. If you are desensitized to this kind of thing, that is fine. But please keep a good head about posting and reading. To sum it up - it’s road rules; there are no rules.
Side-Note(s): I will NOT go into detail about relationship statuses; if you are getting to the point where things might get a bit…. promiscuous… keep it short and classy. Going into depth on a forum will get you banned, as this will be breaking forum rules. I will allow shipping inside the thread, but when that hits the fan, just keep in mind the things above.

Two - Post quality needs to be fairly decent. I prefer seeing some meat and potatoes to the posts, rather than a deceased skeleton consisting of a couple lines. I want posts to be fair in terms of quality and/or quantity. I can accept the idle banter between members of the group, but don't make that the basis of all of your posts. It will look repetitious and silly. Add bulk, add flavor to the post and I'll be a happy camper.
Translation: Please, do not consistently post one, two, or three line posts. On some cases, it can be fine, but don't make it a consistent habit of it. I understand that some posts will be harder to write for, but in general, write.

That said...

The thread will be delayed for a time being, but this delay will be a great time for those who are willing to flesh out an application and for me to pick potential candidates! So go out and create a character!

Members of the original group will reprise their roles, or at least hopefully.

Adalynn, Niveah (both RP’ed by myself) 
Dain (RP’ed by Spikey844) 
Jessica (RP’ed by TheSteelWolf44) 
Lusith (RP’ed by WingedCrusade)
Seth (RP’ed by Drakeardian)
Unit 104 (RP’ed by Astralin)

However, other members have decided to throw their hat into the pool as well. The patience has been noted and I will accept them with open arms. For those who have posted in the previous OOC, please post your application here and we’ll get things right underway.

As for future applicants, this is a rather simple process. Please fill out the basic application and I will read through what you have written. A basic skeleton can be used here.

Name: Example
Race/faction: Corpus/Grineer/Tenno
Syndicate involvement: Steel Meridian/Arbiters of Hexis/Ceph. Suda/Perrin Sequence/Red Veil/New Loka
Occupation (optional): Grineer Doctor/Corpus Engineer/Tenno Mentor
Biography: *Insert story here*

For those applying, it will be your responsibility on how detailed the sheet will be. But take note: please be thorough in your evaluation of the character. Be clear, consistent (with the world, motives, ideals etc.), and patient, as it takes time to read every entry.

Social gatherings, chatty things, and interfacing.
I have a Discord server for the chat as well, so if you want to interface with me, or other RP compatriots, feel free! If you would like to join the Discord server, send me a PM on the forums, that way, I can gather a sense of who would want to join the sever. Please note, that you will have to be an approved applicant to access the server, so keep that in mind.
The OOC will mostly be filled with some more important material, so keep an eye out for potential reworks, announcements, and other stuff.
Now that you have gotten this far into reading the OOC, do something!

Edited by Zeus154

As someone who currently has nothing to rp in atm (aside from one private rp) and cannot find any rps which appeal greatly to me, this rp might be something fun to take part in.

Although i'm not 100% sure how i'll manage with reading large posts every so often, since this rp and a few others tend to be ones where each post is like over ten lines long.

Plus i dunno how i'll keep track of all the posts and stay active most of the time, since i do hate coming back to see 2+ pages, but trying to keep up might be harder with multiple larger posts involved.

But i'm not asking you to change anything at all, but i may leave if i feel like i end up missing out too much or not being very consistant of keeping up with everyone else.

I'll get to work on the sheet shortly, but i'm just gonna say that i'm not usually very active from 8am to 4pm (mainly because of work and real life) and sometimes longer (excluding weekends and days off) so if i do get accepted into this rp, don't expect me to be super active within the rp, but i'll try my best.

3 minutes ago, Drakeardian said:

Aye, you're right.

Okay.

Also, @Zeus154 , for the bio, can it be a basic description of their past, or does it have to involve all of their past and backstories? Since usually i'm the type of guy who likes to reveal more of the character's backstory as the story progresses. 

And do the characters have to be involved with a syndicate? Or not?

8 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I suppose so. Or maybe just a proxy which has the same figure as a human / tenno / whatever. I doubt a cephalon in a moa or bursa will be all that fun tbh.

Leech osprey. 

Uses leeches to hack robotics or proxies found along the way to get better bodies

Edited by Rakawan

24 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

As someone who currently has nothing to rp in atm (aside from one private rp) and cannot find any rps which appeal greatly to me, this rp might be something fun to take part in.

Although i'm not 100% sure how i'll manage with reading large posts every so often, since this rp and a few others tend to be ones where each post is like over ten lines long.

Plus i dunno how i'll keep track of all the posts and stay active most of the time, since i do hate coming back to see 2+ pages, but trying to keep up might be harder with multiple larger posts involved.

But i'm not asking you to change anything at all, but i may leave if i feel like i end up missing out too much or not being very consistant of keeping up with everyone else.

I'll get to work on the sheet shortly, but i'm just gonna say that i'm not usually very active from 8am to 4pm (mainly because of work and real life) and sometimes longer (excluding weekends and days off) so if i do get accepted into this rp, don't expect me to be super active within the rp, but i'll try my best.

3 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Okay.

Also, @Zeus154 , for the bio, can it be a basic description of their past, or does it have to involve all of their past and backstories? Since usually i'm the type of guy who likes to reveal more of the character's backstory as the story progresses. 

And do the characters have to be involved with a syndicate? Or not?

Hello crimsonspartan1,

Activity may be of slight concern, but it shouldn't necessarily be too much of an issue. It will only pose an issue if you haven't really posted within a good solid couple weeks or a month. Just do keep in mind of the rules, do your part/sing the song and dance and we won't have any problems.

As for your question, you don't necessarily need a huge backstory, but a decently written one. Don't make it super short, but do go into detail with some assets. Syndicate affiliation is also not needed.

As for anything else, please submit an application and I'll read through it and make my mark of approval/disapproval.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

What stage is the Lore 

U18?

U19?

When is it set relative to in game events?

If you're a lore buff, you might need to turn away. *shuffles*

In short, it's kind of its own continuity. This thread was started way before Second Dream became a thing, so things are very much different. This continuity assumes that the operators are within the Warframes themselves (ie. the frame is a physical suit of armor they can put on/off at will). Though, I haven't necessarily set a huge precedent on the lore within the world, as it evolves when time passes. So there could be some things from the most recent update that could potentially work its way into the RP.

But yeah. This RP is a little off the rails with the lore. It is something different. If you want to read some of the previous material, here is a link.

So your little Cephalon robot companion could potentially be an interesting endeavor, but I am limiting character entries to just humanoid characters. Grineer, Tenno, Human, Or Corpus. So, if you want to create a character, please take that note in mind.

If you have further questions, feel free to leave them here.

2 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

Hello crimsonspartan1,

Activity may be of slight concern, but it shouldn't necessarily be too much of an issue. It will only pose an issue if you haven't really posted within a good solid couple weeks or a month. Just do keep in mind of the rules, do your part/sing the song and dance and we won't have any problems.

As for your question, you don't necessarily need a huge backstory, but a decently written one. Don't make it super short, but do go into detail with some assets. Syndicate affiliation is also not needed.

As for anything else, please submit an application and I'll read through it and make my mark of approval/disapproval.

Good to know.

I'll be fine for the weekends, and i have a two week christmas holiday which starts sometime around next week, so when that happens, i should have a lot of time to post in this rp (if i do get accepted that is).

I might aswell see if i can get a sheet done.

None of my ocs really fit into this, so i might make a new one.

But i may rework one of my existing ocs to fit into this one (i think i have an oc in mind, which i haven't really worked on so much at all).

You did say that you can make human ocs, correct?

10 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I know i shouldn't be questioning this or even asking about it but is everyone gonna post their sheets here? Or are there some people pm'ing Zeus?

For some reason i thought there would've been quite a few sheets up by now

10 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Good to know.

I'll be fine for the weekends, and i have a two week christmas holiday which starts sometime around next week, so when that happens, i should have a lot of time to post in this rp (if i do get accepted that is).

I might aswell see if i can get a sheet done.

None of my ocs really fit into this, so i might make a new one.

But i may rework one of my existing ocs to fit into this one (i think i have an oc in mind, which i haven't really worked on so much at all).

You did say that you can make human ocs, correct?

9 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Apologies for all the posts and questions, but i'm also wondering something.

I checked the previous ic thread of the apocalypse and noticed that there is a roll of some sort to determine things. How will that be done exactly?

crimsonspartan1,

You will post your application in the OOC and the same will go with other applicants. I'll update the OOC with that information. And yes you'll be able to create a human OC. As for the random rolls, I'm revising that system to make it a more consistent, predictable, and skill-based system. There might be a new character sheet involved into this, but I'm still debating on its design. Otherwise, hopefully these answer your questions.

Edited by Zeus154

Name: Jacob Void
Race: Human (cyborg)
Faction: none, but wished to support the Tenno cause.
Syndicate involvement: Eos
Occupation (optional): ex-middle manager
Biography: Jacob was your normal bussiness man, maybe more on the kind side than others, just trying to make a living and climbing the corporate ladder of his company, Eos. He got pretty far, made it to middle manager, lucky guy, though it was mostly thanks to his cybernetics. His whole right arm is just stylish metal, aswell as his left eye. Even the left side of his skull looks a little blocky, with some sort of universal calbe port and a blue glow. Aside from these key differences, he looks as civil as can be, not a strong build but not fat either, generally pretty slim. A computer inside someone's skull can make anyone a genius, and mister Void did not waste his potential. But as fate has it, the position of owner and CEO of the eintire company was torn straight from his grasp by his arch nemesis. Although, he was still generous enough to promote his defeated rival to vice assistant... janitor... That was it. He wasn't having any of it. He called himself a few favours, did some cheeky hacking, and within only one week, managed to escape with trillions of the company's credits in his nemesis' personal sports shuttle, on his way to a new life where he called the shots. But life just loves to screw people over, and a slight miscalculation coupled with a heated argument brought him down to the surface of Europa, all his new earnings destroyed in the crash. Then the whole apocalypse thing happened and now he's stuck on this ice rock, with only a specially modified Cestra, a Prova, and years of bussiness experience that are as useless as a swimsuit to him now...
... why couldn't it have been Earth?

11 hours ago, Zeus154 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

crimsonspartan1,

You will post your application in the OOC and the same will go with other applicants. I'll update the OOC with that information. And yes you'll be able to create a human OC. As for the random rolls, I'm revising that system to make it a more consistent, predictable, and skill-based system. There might be a new character sheet involved into this, but I'm still debating on its design. Otherwise, hopefully these answer your questions.

They do.

Also, last couple of questions but:

• Are you only allowed one oc at a time? If so then i might just make a second sheet after i finish my first, incase my first oc ends up dying.

Not really a fan of my ocs dying tbh, but considering how ocs would end up dying if they did certain actions (such as taking too many risks and what not), i may pretend that this is seperate from my little oc'verse which i have created for my ocs, just so it doesn't end up clashing or anything. Doesn't really mean anything to anyone else here tbh, so nothing to worry about)

• Are there any other rules which are currently unlisted? (some obvious ones being don't be op and no metagaming).
1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

Name: Jacob Void
Race: Human (cyborg)
Faction: none, but wished to support the Tenno cause.
Syndicate involvement: Eos
Occupation (optional): ex-middle manager
Biography: Jacob was your normal bussiness man, maybe more on the kind side than others, just trying to make a living and climbing the corporate ladder of his company, Eos. He got pretty far, made it to middle manager, lucky guy, though it was mostly thanks to his cybernetics. His whole right arm is just stylish metal, aswell as his left eye. Even the left side of his skull looks a little blocky, with some sort of universal calbe port and a blue glow. Aside from these key differences, he looks as civil as can be, not a strong build but not fat either, generally pretty slim. A computer inside someone's skull can make anyone a genius, and mister Void did not waste his potential. But as fate has it, the position of owner and CEO of the eintire company was torn straight from his grasp by his arch nemesis. Although, he was still generous enough to promote his defeated rival to vice assistant... janitor... That was it. He wasn't having any of it. He called himself a few favours, did some cheeky hacking, and within only one week, managed to escape with trillions of the company's credits in his nemesis' personal sports shuttle, on his way to a new life where he called the shots. But life just loves to screw people over, and a slight miscalculation coupled with a heated argument brought him down to the surface of Europa, all his new earnings destroyed in the crash. Then the whole apocalypse thing happened and now he's stuck on this ice rock, with only a specially modified Cestra, a Prova, and years of bussiness experience that are as useless as a swimsuit to him now...
... why couldn't it have been Earth?

I swear i remember this oc from a different rp i was in. I don't think it was my failed rp (which we both know about, and can agree on XD) and i don't think it was one of your rps?

Might just be me though, since it was ages when i rp'd with you in an rp which had a sort of story to it.

11 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

They do.

• Are you only allowed one oc at a time? If so then i might just make a second sheet after i finish my first, incase my first oc ends up dying.

Not really a fan of my ocs dying tbh, but considering how ocs would end up dying if they did certain actions (such as taking too many risks and what not), i may pretend that this is seperate from my little oc'verse which i have created for my ocs, just so it doesn't end up clashing or anything. Doesn't really mean anything to anyone else here tbh, so nothing to worry about)

• Are there any other rules which are currently unlisted? (some obvious ones being don't be op and no metagaming).

Sorry for the late response. I got a little tied up with some current events.

As for your questions...

You are allowed one OC at a time, so go ahead and make some OCs if need be. As for the other rules, just really keep the main post in mind, the ones that you have mentioned (like no OP characters, metagaming etc.), and the general forum guidelines. If there is something wrong in a post or with the application, I will point anything that I find questionable or unsettling -- keep that in mind.

Hope this answers your other questions.

Finally I can rejoin. <3 Hope my stay is longer this time. My character's in the spoiler, have fun reading!

Name: Valerie

Race/faction: Tenno

Syndicate: Occasionally works for Red Veil, largely unaffiliated

Current Equipment:
- Saryn Prime (miasma dispenser faulty)
- Scindo
- Harpak
- Broken Archwing
- Military equipment, odds and ends

Appearance: Warframe:

xJuBd4o.png

Characteristics:
- Anarchic
- Unpredictable
- Cruel
- Physically strong, almost brutish

Skillset & Experiences:
Good at:
- Camouflage
- Trapping
- Physical work & workouts
- Hairdressing & makeup

Somehow makes it work:
- Mechanical repairs
- Restraint
- Subordination

Really bad at:
- Cooking
- Managing/saving money

Biography:

Orokin Age:
- Family were small buisness people with a declining buisness.
- Mother drunk a lot because of that, treated her badly.
- Family sold her off to the Tenno project for cash.
- Discovered the beauty of freedom during becoming a Tenno/hunting survivors with her newfound powers.
- She ran off the first mission she could and came back for her family's lifes.
- Got caught, since it was not really planned, and outcast/sentenced.
- Hijacked her prisoner transport, because it wasn't made to confine Tenno.
- Salvaged a Orbiter + Liset off some dead Tenno somewhere. Integrated them into the Prison ship, which was her new home.

Tenno Age:
- Blade for hire with her own twist to it: Didn't take jobs that appeared boring (=very restricted), strict, or go against her anarchic nature. Mostly Exterminates and Assassinations, with an occasional Capture or Sabotage.
- Tried to turn as many people as possible to her ways, to stop forming of a new tyrannical empire. Occasionally purposely prolonged a conflict to delay a stable rule over a region.

Apocalypse Age:
- Was on her ways when the Apocalypse went off
- Used her Liset as escape pod to the next station in Orbit of Europa.
- Lives on the station now, working mostly physical labour due to her strong physique.

15 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

They do.

I swear i remember this oc from a different rp i was in. I don't think it was my failed rp (which we both know about, and can agree on XD) and i don't think it was one of your rps?

Might just be me though, since it was ages when i rp'd with you in an rp which had a sort of story to it.

Mmm. Wouldn't say he's familiar from an RP specifically, but oh is he familiar. Assistant Janitor is what triggered it for me.

4 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

Sorry for the late response. I got a little tied up with some current events.

As for your questions...

You are allowed one OC at a time, so go ahead and make some OCs if need be. As for the other rules, just really keep the main post in mind, the ones that you have mentioned (like no OP characters, metagaming etc.), and the general forum guidelines. If there is something wrong in a post or with the application, I will point anything that I find questionable or unsettling -- keep that in mind.

Hope this answers your other questions.

That's it for my questions.

Now i'll see what i can do with my sheet.

28 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

I know I'm not welcome in this continuity anymore after the incident but good luck with the new thread.

Apologies for being curious, but what happened in the so called incident?

Don't awnser if you don't wanna. I'm just curious as to what happed.