Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open OOC] The Apocalypse Part II - The Journey. [Registration Closed]

Zeus154

I'd like to point out the many, many problems with this app in a handy-dandy list. Meaning no offense to the writer themselves, but this is just bad. This is listed by where the problems are in the app.

1: Political reasons. What political reasons?

2:  "one awesome advantage is that it can eat Anything. literraly. that's how cool he is :D" That's... incredibly overpowered if used correctly and him "being cool" is not a valid reasoning for such a thing. And asking you how he can hide is a very valid question and something that you should think of. Lastly, if you were to a custom companion, you should go into detail on what this thing can do, we're working with balance in mind here.

3: That's..... that's not how Tenno work. They don't get bitten by weird creatures and suddenly become Tenno. Just.... no. That and i'm completely confused by what timeframe this is supposed to be at. You said they were "new and strange lifeforms", but then also mention Grineer and Corpus. They've been in space for a long time now, there's nothing new about them.

4: "Snappy three skinned 3 1/2 Aspid." What? That makes no sense. I honestly don't know what that means and i'd imagine many others don't as well. 

5: Insert yada yada? Um, what? Insert what? You're making no logical sense here.

6: Proto armour's really rare and they probably wouldn't give it to a newbie tenno regardless. I highly doubt that they'd "run out" of Excaliburs.

7: You legitimately called your EB overpowered. That's a no-go. We're not doing OP characters. These are survivors of an apocalypse of very large scale. It should be underpowered, if anything.

8: Having your sword not sheathed would completely drain your energy. You wouldn't even be able to use the blade without a steady stream of energy orbs. Which we don't have or wouldn't want to waste if found. That just doesn't work. Warframes and their abiltiies are toned down here. Some abilities might be malfunctioning or worse. You could be on a somewhat right track here, but this isn't the right way to do it.

9: It's been over a year since the apocalypse, and even if it was regular Warframe, I HIGHLY doubt that a Grineer ship would be doing practice rounds OVER A HOSTILE PLANET. Just no. 

10: Some people's weapons here are dirty, bent, sometimes malfunctioning things. Having an upgraded Javlok with an ability nobody can get even in-game (Magnetic bring-back) is not a good place to start with this. Similar goes for the Seer. I'd classify that as Prime Weaponry, not to mention it's something very unique. Prime weapons for the most part are something you should earn or find, not start with. The most I have are Fangs, which my character doesn't even use for combat mostly. As for the melee, see 7 & 8.

11: Yes, it is an important part of the story. None of our people have companions and considering such a thing can be a valuable asset, you should have a good set of downsides for balance here.

12: Symbiosis...skills? What?

13: I'll talk about the grammar here. Having dyslexia is a reasoning, but you should at least attempt to avoid text walls and use proper formatting. Look at other apps for reference and see things like Weapons getting their own specific category. This stuff is important.

I could say more, but I think that gets the gist across. It's a bad app with many glaring problems that just doesn't fit here or even in a regular Warframe RP, to be honest. I'd decline this myself, but i'll leave that to Zeus.

Edited by SuwakoMoriya

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, superapple22 said:

Am I able to introduce a new character (Warframe) Or are they off limits Atm

Hello superapple22,

Currently registration will be very much closed at this current moment. While the thread says that registration is currently open, I haven't really had the time to change its state. So unfortunately, you will have to wait for a new opening. Since the thread is full of people, I can't necessarily manage all of it, hence the closed registration. Hope you understand.

Edited by Zeus154

Just now, Zeus154 said:

Hello superapple22,

Currently registration will be very much closed at this current moment. While the thread says that registration is currently open, I haven't really had the time to change its state. So unfortunately, you will have to wait for a new opening. Since the thread is full of people, I can't necessarily manage all of it, hence the closed registration. Hope you understand.

yep.

Heyyo! 

Might remember me... for... better or worse, when I signed up with Vulgrim Rook? Did a fancy doodly do and everything, made a few posts then sacrilegiously dropped off the face of Warframe? Good... bad... bad times, yeah ;u;

I was wondering, I know the registration is still closed, but I was wondering if I'd still be welcome to join? If, or when, registration opens up again, ofc.

I've already cooked up another CS, since I had, honestly, not really developed Vulgrim Rook's character too much. It was a lack of investment on my end and I'm genuinely rather sorry about that, as well as to the other RP'er who I may or may not have locked in interaction <u>''

Stuff just cropped up and I'd the shameful indecency to not inform you about it. I am genuinely sorry about it.

But! With apologies out of the way; I'd like to reiterate one of my initial remarks.

Would it be chiller if I rejoined with a new character? Would you prefer if I stuck with my old one as some sort of penitence? 

Name: Thickett

Race: Tenno

Syndicate Involvement: Unaffiliated

Biography: Thickett used to be a supply runner for New Loka, smuggling civilians, soldiers and arms across grineer controlled space, and picked up not an inconsiderable amount of flying experience on the way. That is, before she was shot down. Rather magnificently, if the accounts from civilians on nearby planets are anything to go by. Her ship went down trailing smoke and the remnants of her cargo, dropping through the atmosphere of Europa, burning the sky in it's wake. Her cargo of a New Loka arms shipment detonated before the ship even hit the ground, tearing the fuel pipe to the final thruster and spraying liquid damnation all over the walls.

When the burning carcass of a supply ship hit the ground nearby, the locals were understandably intrigued. Thickett had been trapped inside during it's incendiary trip, but managed to smash the already damaged cockpit glass with a pistol from the scattered chaos of metal, guns and snow. It was only after she stepped from the wreckage that she realized she had left her arm behind.

4 hours ago, Done_and_Dusted said:

Biography: Thickett used to be a supply runner for New Loka, smuggling civilians, soldiers and arms across grineer controlled space, and picked up not an inconsiderable amount of flying experience on the way. That is, before she was shot down. Rather magnificently, if the accounts from civilians on nearby planets are anything to go by. Her ship went down trailing smoke and the remnants of her cargo, dropping through the atmosphere of Europa, burning the sky in it's wake. Her cargo of a New Loka arms shipment detonated before the ship even hit the ground, tearing the fuel pipe to the final thruster and spraying liquid damnation all over the walls.

When the burning carcass of a supply ship hit the ground nearby, the locals were understandably intrigued. Thickett had been trapped inside during it's incendiary trip, but managed to smash the already damaged cockpit glass with a pistol from the scattered chaos of metal, guns and snow. It was only after she stepped from the wreckage that she realized she had left her arm behind.

The thread's closed my friend.

On 2/16/2017 at 7:58 AM, Blood_Strider said:

Heyyo! 

Might remember me... for... better or worse, when I signed up with Vulgrim Rook? Did a fancy doodly do and everything, made a few posts then sacrilegiously dropped off the face of Warframe? Good... bad... bad times, yeah ;u;

I was wondering, I know the registration is still closed, but I was wondering if I'd still be welcome to join? If, or when, registration opens up again, ofc.

I've already cooked up another CS, since I had, honestly, not really developed Vulgrim Rook's character too much. It was a lack of investment on my end and I'm genuinely rather sorry about that, as well as to the other RP'er who I may or may not have locked in interaction <u>''

Stuff just cropped up and I'd the shameful indecency to not inform you about it. I am genuinely sorry about it.

But! With apologies out of the way; I'd like to reiterate one of my initial remarks.

Would it be chiller if I rejoined with a new character? Would you prefer if I stuck with my old one as some sort of penitence? 

Hello Blood_Strider,

I will give you some lenience within the thread, for when you apply. Since registration is closed for the time being, you won't be able to join, as you understand. For the time being, you can create a new OC. Vulgrim is probably going to be stuck on Europa for a long time, so might as well make yourself a new OC. But do keep in mind, that you will have to wait for the time being when a spot rolls out. Capische? :P

Thanks for reading.

7 hours ago, Done_and_Dusted said:

Hello Done_and_Dusted,

Registration for the thread is closed for the moment, unfortunately. I am glad that you want to join, but I will have to reject the application, for a couple reasons.

One - When it comes to a Tenno, where is the Warframe? We're not even given a specific Warframe that the Tenno uses. And since she is female, it leaves room for interpretation. It is vague.

Two - The thread doesn't take place on Europa anymore. That segment has been finished, so your character will end up being stranded. You will have to fit your character in the criteria of the current story.

Three - There is a distinct lack in terms of armament. We don't know what she is carrying in terms of weapons. She could be carrying a Soma Prime, for all we know. So you'll have to include that within the subject matter.

All in all, you can remake the OC to match the situation, but in reality you will have to wait for the time being. Registration is closed and I hope that you understand.

Thanks for reading.

9 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

Hello Blood_Strider,

I will give you some lenience within the thread, for when you apply. Since registration is closed for the time being, you won't be able to join, as you understand. For the time being, you can create a new OC. Vulgrim is probably going to be stuck on Europa for a long time, so might as well make yourself a new OC. But do keep in mind, that you will have to wait for the time being when a spot rolls out. Capische? :P

Thanks for reading.

Hello Done_and_Dusted,

Registration for the thread is closed for the moment, unfortunately. I am glad that you want to join, but I will have to reject the application, for a couple reasons.

One - When it comes to a Tenno, where is the Warframe? We're not even given a specific Warframe that the Tenno uses. And since she is female, it leaves room for interpretation. It is vague.

Two - The thread doesn't take place on Europa anymore. That segment has been finished, so your character will end up being stranded. You will have to fit your character in the criteria of the current story.

Three - There is a distinct lack in terms of armament. We don't know what she is carrying in terms of weapons. She could be carrying a Soma Prime, for all we know. So you'll have to include that within the subject matter.

All in all, you can remake the OC to match the situation, but in reality you will have to wait for the time being. Registration is closed and I hope that you understand.

Thanks for reading.

Ah, thanks for informing me.

Also, in my defense, this was the application form:
Name: Example
Race/faction: Corpus/Grineer/Tenno
Syndicate involvement: Steel Meridian/Arbiters of Hexis/Ceph. Suda/Perrin Sequence/Red Veil/New Loka
Occupation (optional): Grineer Doctor/Corpus Engineer/Tenno Mentor
Biography: *Insert story here*

The only part excluded in my application was age. Please be more specific if you wish extra inclusions.

2 hours ago, Done_and_Dusted said:

Ah, thanks for informing me.

Also, in my defense, this was the application form:
Name: Example
Race/faction: Corpus/Grineer/Tenno
Syndicate involvement: Steel Meridian/Arbiters of Hexis/Ceph. Suda/Perrin Sequence/Red Veil/New Loka
Occupation (optional): Grineer Doctor/Corpus Engineer/Tenno Mentor
Biography: *Insert story here*

The only part excluded in my application was age. Please be more specific if you wish extra inclusions.

I see that you are trying to play lawyer. And I raise you that the biography should generally be a catch-all for most of these peripheries!

The first page says quote:

"Please fill out the basic application and I will read through what you have written. A basic skeleton can be used here... For those applying, it will be your responsibility on how detailed the sheet will be. But take note: please be thorough in your evaluation of the character. Be clear, consistent (with the world, motives, ideals etc.), and patient, as it takes time to read every entry."

And I mentioned that the framework is a basic skeleton to work from, nothing less, nothing more.

But I do understand that the application lacks any kind of detailed backbone that others might want. But I intend on keeping the thing fairly spartan in detail, since I don't necessarily want the thread to be hosed down with too much detail. Just a thought.

Thank you.

Edited by Zeus154

13 hours ago, Zeus154 said:

Hello Blood_Strider,

Thanks for reading.

Capische! n_n

Glad to have gotten your time, loving the roleplay still! I drool over the quality of it all <u>

Color me a lurker.

Also, do you think it'd be possible to maybe add a link to the other OOC's in the first OOC post? I'm kinda wanting to read some of the other CS's, I've half a mind to do a doodle or two of a few characters... Plus references for a 'good' CS would be fun to analyze :DD

I might dig for them later, but I think it'd also be helpful for other peeps to kinda get a gist of the RP and other CS's. Just my two cents n_n