Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Year-End Wrap Up

[DE]Taylor

16 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

yeah.... it's been around 5 months now.
I thhink they had the time

It's probably just that no one wanted to make it, either because of lack of interest or they didn't want to invest the time to make 3 skins.

Just now, Artarrwen said:

there literally isn't an option to submit anything for Equinox, there's tags and categories for each Warframe except Equinox and Titania.

Well then. Wasn't aware of that, just that it was 3* the work for everyone involved to make an equinox skin.

2 hours ago, Jerakl said:

could try your hand at it I guess.
Looks like that's pretty much the only option rn tbh

You misunderstood me.

Equinox and Titania are the only frames that still don't have a model available for tennogen creation.

I'm not complaining because no one from the community doesn't do a skin for her.

I'm complaining because DE is too lazy to try and let us do so.

On 12/16/2016 at 6:52 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey Tenno!

The amount the community support for player-made content we have seen during 2016 is awe-inspiring.

A total of 61 items were added in-game for PC and, with a new system in place, we were able to share the TennoGen love with our console players as well! Thank you to all creators and lovers of TennoGen for such an amazing year!

PC players will have just received the most recent round of TennoGen creations today. Congratulations to those who made it in! We're all so excited to see what 2017 will bring for this program.

Console Tenno can also expect some new pieces in early 2017!

The deadline for the next round of submissions will be announced early next year as well, so stay tuned.

:community:

Thanks for the opportunity you guys gave us :) It's been a blast so far!

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Crazyfulla said:

Any idea what they are? 10 items sounds great

Unannounced last I checked. I'm hoping for both one of the nova and mag skins because I've never really been a huge fan of novas default appearance and mag is easily the ugliest base frame and im surprised that its taken this long for a deluxe skin announcement. 

On 12/17/2016 at 5:14 PM, Kyotra said:

We really need an answer sticky for these kinds of questions.

They have answered this. Because of the initial contract with Steam, and because purchases for Tennogen go through Steam, DE doesn't have the ability to make Tennogen available for purchase with platinum. 

I'm not saying that is a good thing, or that DE is completely satisfied with the situation either, but it is what it is. 

In the interest of opening up those discussions, I would like to address (and hopefully get answered) some of the main concerns about Tennogen I have seen from the community. 

1. Are consoles getting all Tennogen eventually? DE has previously said they are working with creators to make agreements, but haven't really given us an outlook on those agreements. Are they going to be made no matter what, or are creators given the leeway to keep their creations off of consoles?

2. Is there any kind of schedule for content coming to consoles, and can the process best improved? Of the 61 new Tennogen creations this year, we have gotten 5 of them.

3. Can consoles be included in the voting process? Right now it really seems like we are being left out on the whole Tennogen process. 

4. Is there a system in place to present preemptive contracts for Tennogen creators for consoles. I understand that right now the system is backed up because the initial contracts are with Steam, and there are no standard contacts for console content, which means that DE (or their lawyers) have to sit in negotiations with each creator to get contacts set up. A standard preemptive contact that creators agree to if their content gets voted in would really streamline the process.

This is not an exhaustive list, but at least from the console side, these are the main concerns as I see them. 

On 17/12/2016 at 5:33 PM, Lith said:

Hi there, love the new Ash Carabid Helmet, but there is a problem with it, I can't put arcanes in to it, will this be patched or its something with my game :(

A fix should be coming for this soon. Thanks for the heads up!

7 hours ago, (PS4)KinslayersDawn said:

They have answered this.

Well duh, that's not the issue. The problem is newcomers never actually see the damn answer because it's not posted somewhere with constant visibility. That's the purpose of a sticky.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:38 PM, Naith said:

This.

DE, you really need to introduce a feature to either make prime pieces/original model toggleable or have the original model used when TG skins are equipped as directed by the TG author. Otherwise you're just getting some odd combinations.

We've had this problem for ages but you guys haven't even shown signs of acknowledgement at all.

They need to make normal frames relevant in the game so that the TG skins can be assigned to them without the prime parts being a problem

On 12/21/2016 at 5:43 PM, C3-BANAKANI said:

They need to make normal frames relevant in the game so that the TG skins can be assigned to them without the prime parts being a problem

I don't think the problem is that normal frames aren't relevant. They are where most people start, and we would all complain if the extra work we put into our Primes didn't net us something noticeably improved. 

I think the problem is that we don't have the ability to swap the Prime models for the normal models once we have our Primes.  If, for example, you could use the default Saryn model on your Saryn Prime, then you could put the Tennogen skins on and be good, or use the Prime model, and put the skins on that way - it would be your choice. 

On 12/17/2016 at 8:56 AM, Naith said:

Won't be happening unfortunately. De/Steve has answered this in the past. Something to do with steam legal agreements.

Yeah, since there are artists that actually do this for a living, not just for the ingame currency. 

The only way I see this happening is if, and I will say this in all caps, IF DE and steam will translate the ingame currency into real life cash. But the issue with that is, during the loggin rewards you get discounts which lower platinum's price by quite a bit.

Edited by Ferorius
spelling mistakes

On 12/24/2016 at 1:12 PM, (Xbox One)Bipolar Bear663 said:

could DE at least try to update tennogen least once a month on consoles that would be nice instead of waiting for months to get only 5 or 6 items  :(

The issue's not with DE, but Steam and its policies. This things are usually associated with authors' rights and that might take from a few weeks and months to several years. 

You should feel lucky that it's only half a year... FTR although I'm on pc, I don't play through steam, so I have same issues.