Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sari Syandana animation - Open all the time now

Kagisnad

Ah I didn't think that part through. All I imagined was it looking like a cool action movie (but with big, yellow-orangish butterfly wings). I guess I could see where aiming would be an issue. Don't have the syandana myself so I didn't realize how much it would obscure the player's POV.

7 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Should it actually be open only during bullet jumps and aim glides, and closed the rest of the time?

I really hope so, because it would be awesome. But I can't buy this if it's going to obstruct my view all the time.

While these look really awesome, while they are open (my fashion frame oberon fairy king has never been so fabulous), it's frustrating during the mission. They cover too much from the POV, they only close during a bullet jump.

It would be really nice if they were closed during the whole mission (maybe open while bullet jumping). And for the liset/relays we cloud choose between open and closed state (maybe with and on/off switch or something like that), for fashion frame reasons.

Hello, hello!

I just purchased the butterfly wing syandana "Sari" and noticed a few things with it that could be improved.
The wings are obscuring visibility at times. When hacking consoles in particular, or firing guns and not using the Aim.

May I suggest the wings fold down at any given time the warframe is on the ground and flip open when airborn only?
I saw on my Zephyr that this works really well for then it's folding when doing melee attacks and aimed shots, and appears to work like a glide assistance when airborn and opened up. It really does look neat. :)

With Titania however, it's a bit glitchy on those things. It would also be nice if the wings were a little bit bigger in her pixie form. Titania is so small in Pixie form that the wings would not be blocking view so much if they were say 50% bigger. But that would just be a bonus.
The main issue is running on the ground and firing guns when not aiming or working consoles. Also, when I tried to give a weapon to a prisoner in a rescue, the wing got in the way and it was hard to see what I was doing. Had it been folded down, that would have been no problem.

Kudos and thanks to all talented people out there doing Tennogen stuff. :inlove:

Edited by finnishcoffee
Typos...

1 hour ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Screw it.  If they're not gonna really fix it, I'm gonna ask for a refund.

i don't think they said "ah screw it- we're gonna leave it broken". perhaps the issue is more complex. or perhaps they threw the animation team across the pacific ocean- for a weekend vacation.

1 minute ago, Kagisnad said:

i don't think they said "ah screw it- we're gonna leave it broken". perhaps the issue is more complex. or perhaps they threw the animation team across the pacific ocean- for a weekend vacation.

well, if they fix it, i'll buy it again.  but in the mean time i have plenty of other syandanas, many with arcanes that are useful.

Just now, TheDefenestrater said:

well, if they fix it, i'll buy it again.  but in the mean time i have plenty of other syandanas, many with arcanes that are useful.

i didn't know they even did refunds.

i mean, i love this syandana but.. but..... uhmhuh. if it's gonna be a bugswarm i'd rather pick another.

I already asked for a refund for mine. Not sure if they will or not. Gave it a shot and used it in a mission, and yes, it's closed a lot when shooting, but it leads you to feel like you HAVE to shoot every 2 seconds to keep them closed just so you can actually see.

Someone posted a video on Reddit pre-hotfix for the UI obstruction bug on how this Syndana looked, and I would've loved it if it had stayed like that, which seems like its intended design. Especially considering how all the advertising they've done for it showed it with wings closed - there's no reason to show it like that if they're open most of the time.

Anyway, here's the video on Reddit if anyone else is curious how this thing looks when it's not busy being an eyesore (i.e. before their brilliant "fix"). What we have now is not what I paid for.

Edited by Cat__Nap

On 12/16/2016 at 8:59 PM, Crowjax said:

I would like to mention a bug associated with the Sari Syandana. When you bulletjump the wings open but they don't close when you land. This in turn obscures the esc menu which is quite problematic when you are in your ship or any relay. I know that shooting your weapon closes the wings but you can't exactly do that in your ship or in the relays. Can I suggest that when your warframe is airborne the wings automatically open and the moment the model of your warframe touches the ground they close. Another request that I want to make is so that the wings stay open when you are using Titania's stances but they close the moment you walk, slide, get knocked down, etc. Naturally, I don't know how hard this is to implement but it's still something I want to see in the game and might also make this syandana more popular. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Mine close when bullet-jumping and are open the rest of the time. They also close when pressing Esc. Fix pls. Give it a button like the Operator hood

I really hope they will fix this. I just bought this syandana and i keep telling myself that it's really not that bad cuz of how beautiful this syandana is.. but it really is pretty bad. It's like sitting behind someone in class trying to get a glimpse of whats on the board. You can kind of see what's there, but it's alot more effort than it should be. The syandana should be primarily closed and perhaps open on bullet jump.

the model and skin are both stunning, but when you zoom in with any weapon the upper part of the wing covers the entire top-left portion of the screen (even with max FOV)

it would be nice if the wings either folded down while aiming (as they do while bullet-jumping) or were just hidden completely because as it is, they are only really usable if you dont plan on using anything but melee

I had to buy this, what with this username.

I'm quite sad to say they're a big disappointment.

Sari looks amazing, and will be even more amazing when syandanas are color separately, but the animations are simply urgh.

Honestly, it should stay down unless you jump. Having wings open at all times is not very nice, not at all.

Alternately, just allow players to pick if they want it closed or not.

Add two Sari syandanas, one that's open by default and one that's closed. Give us both so we can decide.

Edited by BeeOverlord