Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowball Showdown Feedback

CephalonHibiya

So I want to talk about the Snowday Showdown Tactical Alert. I'm aware of how much work and effort goes into making an event like this, but, I think making a Tactical Alert that's based on PvP was a mistake.

For better or worse, not every Tenno likes Conclave, Lunaro, Archwing, or Raids. Some avoid what they don't like for different reasons, but, I feel that this Tactical Alert sort of forces Conclave onto people. I personally hate Conclave, I don't enjoy it all for a variety of reasons I won't go into. But, I can appreciate the effort made into making this Tactical Alert. That's why I'm so confused as to why the team thought pushing people to do it seemed like a good idea. Obviously DE has the stats on how many Tenno consistently play Conclave, but, my understanding is that not everyone does; in fact, that few Tenno do.

There are a lot of Tenno that maybe haven't played Conclave before, don't like Conclave, or are new players that are being forced into playing this Tactical Alert and are going up against Tenno that have loads of experience with Conclave. To say matches can end 1:50 isn't an exaggeration.

I'd like to know what other people think about this Tactical Alert, specifically about the fact it's PvP-based. Let's also please keep things civil and positive, after all, it's the holidays.

Did you played the tactical alert before writing this? I personally don't like conclave but those 3 rounds that i played were good and fun, since you can't use skills and all have the same weapons, although i died a lot, it was funny, in most of that death the other player killed me and i killed him. And no matter if you win or lose, the tactical alert counter increase either way.

Edited by chofranc

1 minute ago, chofranc said:

Did you played the tactical alert before writing this?

Yes, I did. And to be honest, at the end, I just gave up, stood there, and let the enemy kill me a few times to mercifully end the match prematurely. I have plenty of experience playing PvP, my issues with Conclave don't lie with the fact it's PvP. To me, this Tactical Alert felt...like a bit of a waste; and that's something I've never said about this game before.

DE isn't really forcing you to "do" anything. It's your choice if you want to play the tactical alert or not. There have been 20,000 other forum post like this one you have created complaining about De "Forcing" pvp on them when it was a simple little quick pvp event to do for some great rewards in the past. Just do the 3 rounds and get over with it and if you don't then don't. There really is no need for this needless complaining. Sure there are going to be the people who love ovo and are very skilled and then the people who don;t like it and may not be that skilled. if you don't care for conclave and are only doing it for the tactical alert then really what's the point of it being fair to you. now if we were talking about normal conclave then yeah.....F*ck that.

Edited by -CM-DarkSyndrome

Just now, Phasedragon said:

There's a thing called recruit conditioning for a reason. Should keep all the new players together. Sucks that a lot of people challenge farmed for the skins, so they no longer have access to it. That's really the entire reason behind matches that go 1:50, nothing more.

I'm aware of it, and I'd normally agree with you. But, when matches are completely one-sided between 'noobs' and 'tryhards' as I've seen said on Discord, I question its effectiveness. It is of course possible that it doesn't apply to "special" modes.

1 minute ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

DE isn't really forcing you to "do" anything. It's your choice if you want to play the tactical alert or not. There have been 20,000 other forum post like this one you have created complaining about De "Forcing" pvp on them when it was a simple little quick pvp event to do for some great rewards. Just do the 3 rounds and get over with it and if you don't then don't. There really is no need for this needless complaining.

At no point did I "needlessly complain" about the Tactical Alert, nor am I devbashing, or attacking DE. This is constructive feedback geared at starting a conversation about how other players feel about the Tactical Alert.

If you want the rewards from the Tactical Alert, you are in essence being forced to play the event. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is subjective to whether someone likes Conclave's PvP or not. Either way, the point of this thread is simply to get a constructive conversation started. Without constructive feedback, no game studio can improve a game for its community.

1 minute ago, xochild said:

At no point did I "needlessly complain" about the Tactical Alert, nor am I devbashing, or attacking DE. This is constructive feedback geared at starting a conversation about how other players feel about the Tactical Alert.

If you want the rewards from the Tactical Alert, you are in essence being forced to play the event. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is subjective to whether someone likes Conclave's PvP or not. Either way, the point of this thread is simply to get a constructive conversation started. Without constructive feedback, no game studio can improve a game for its community.

looks like complaining to me when you try to say somebody is trying to "force" you. Like i said. DE isn't forcing you to do anything. When you click on that tactical alert and start that mission, it's your choice rather you want to acknowledge it or not. That's fact. DE would be forcing you to do conclave if after the tactical alert all they had you do was conclave stuff. Are they doing that? No. You can simply return to your Pve.

warframe is a pve game and for them 2 make the event pvp is dumb whatever the rewards are ill never see them cuz i wont ever do pvp in warframe it isnt why i play the game i started before warframe had pvp i see no point in it now

21 minutes ago, xochild said:

Let's also please keep things civil and positive, after all, it's the holidays.

It's a good thing the holidays bring out the best in everyone, not their inner Grinch.

Again, you want the rewards, you are being led to doing the Tactical Alert. And even if the next levels of it are PvE, you still have to do the first PvP level to get to those.

3 minutes ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

DE would be forcing you to do conclave if after the tactical alert all they had you do was conclave stuff. Are they doing that? No. You can simply return to your Pve.

We haven't yet seen what the next rounds of the Tactical Alert are, given the first is PvP-based, it's quite possible the next rounds will continue on that path. And @(PS4)Cynicaid brings up a good point, I can't remember the last time anything related to Conclave came up on the main Navigation window. There's a reason there are separate prompts.

7 minutes ago, xochild said:

Again, you want the rewards, you are being led to doing the Tactical Alert. And even if the next levels of it are PvE, you still have to do the first PvP level to get to those.

Except the rewards are just copies of last year's sigils. Wreath, evergreen, and the like. Stop overreacting.

If the rewards were game changing/rare mods I would understand why people would feel they were compelled or forced to do the conclave tactical alert. The reward is a Sigil so unless that particular sigil makes you excited for whatever reason just play as normal I don't see the issue.

I personally wont be doing the alert because as people have said I just don't feel compelled to do so. I am not disgruntled because its only a bit of fun at the end of the day.

As constructive criticism goes I think many will feel a PvP alert wasn't the best way to get maximum involvement from the player base. This is due to the general feeling towards conclave in general rather than being against this solstice event particularly.

If the event was a team orientated alert called "CLEM'S REVENGE" where team members get to play as a Clem clone to take revenge on the Grineer bosses using a modified toknor that fires snowball nukes I think everyone would get involved.

So I am not unhappy that it's a PvP event I just take it as it is. I would prefer the Clem thing though. :D

Happy Holidays Tenno.