Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowball Showdown Feedback

CephalonHibiya

Don't like it.

You have to complete 3 match to get the reward? Don't like it. One time was good enough. Dislike it.

I REALLY HATE pvp, and the fact that I'm forced to do pvp to get those sigils or whatever, makes me rage.

I hope this is a one time only thing. I don't want to see more of this. Hate it.
Very much dislike it.

I;m unlikely to do the event because of the PVP. It's probably playable among close friends. Thats about the only place PVP works these days.

If i see the sigil/rewards are really nice at most ill just go into a match and just afk. If i wanted competitive PVP theres allot of games that do it better than warframe.

My opinion of PVP has largely been effected by PVP'ing in other games that have almost always experienced greifers, hackers, cheaters, bug/meta abusers, spawn campers aswell as lag.

Seeing as this is the 2nd "event" we've had focused on PVP i have to say im largely disappointed in DE and thier events this year.

3 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

Burn it and burn the whole Conclave with it, this where the most boring and longest 30 minutes of my life.

I can only hope there isn't a second tier or something - because you know... "gonna catch'em all"...

Cz1UGUQXAAAUCXW.jpg

OMG - I better get the energy drinks ready... 5 or 6 liters hopefully get me through this.

3 hours ago, maumastoks said:

where the hell do i deposit the points?

If you're asking where to use/spend the Conclave standing, you need to talk to Teshin, located on the Relays on Mercury, Saturn, and Pluto. In the Relay, you can hit Esc to pull up the menu and use the Fast Travel option to instantly get to the Conclave room where Teshin is located.

3 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Since you won't participate, it means they aren't forcing us to. You don't want to play for the sigil? Fine, but who cares? 

That's you opinion, I have mine, and people have their own too. Some players like it, some don't, and unless we all vote if PvP Tactical Alert are good or bad, it will always be a draw. Boycotting those alerts won't help anybody, nor will it change anything.

Actually they are forcing us if we want the sigil. Split hairs all you want -- we only have one winter tactical alert available to us, and if we want the reward, we are forced to PvP. Most players are against that based on player usage statistics that DE have shown us. 

And yes if enough people boycott it it actually WILL do something, you are just plain wrong. If enough people boycott it DE will be much less likely to make a tactical that is PvP in the future. 

You can have your opinion, you have a right to it. But yes, boycotts can work if enough people take part, and yes I am forced to do it if I want the sigil. As far as practicality is being concerned, that is more than enough to complain about -- stop splitting hairs. 

You can like it if you want, you have no right to tell others they shouldn't be upset if they don't like it. 

5 hours ago, bandigood said:

totally agree, pls DE stop forcing PvP to us

Yeah they are forcing it with no reasults.I wish they were so dedicated to Archwing.

Far as PvP goes.I tryed it,got good at it and i liked it.I dont play it any more because of many reasons with one being that pve is lot better game mode.

6 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

Does Snowday Showdown count towards your win/loss victory record in Conclave?  Because if it does, I'm probably going to give it a pass.

You've asked this several times, but why does this matter in the slightest? Looking at your profile, you're at 0:0, never touched it before. Why do you care so much?

Is there a reason why he can't care about it? Maybe is doesn't want a bad score to be on his profile because people place judgement on such scores. And because other people can check it,it becomes an important number, as you just proved.

10 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

Looking at your profile, you're at 0:0, never touched it before. Why do you care so much?

I've asked twice including this time and got no solid answer the first time.

I ask because I care; I hate Conclave and its hyper-competitive, predatory playerbase.  I hate stat records visible to other people in PvP (because people judge based on them and I despise PvP elitism.)  I do not want to be labelled a Conclave player, and I especially don't want to be labelled a poor Conclave player.  So normally, I stay out of PvP entirely so I don't bother people who actually enjoy that kind of environment.

But now there's this holiday event, and the sigils are cute, and the idea behind it is neat.  I kinda want to have a lighthearted snowball fight with other Tenno, but that comes with the risk of having a permanent blemish on my record for people to mock just because I participated in a festive holiday event.

If I don't have to worry about win-loss records, and I don't have to worry about winning or losing and I can mute everyone who tries to be an e-peen-waving tryhard about it, then all the stress I experience normally in PvP vanishes.  And it may, heaven help me for saying this, actually be fun for me.

So, is it counted, or is it not?  The answer to the question will entirely determine whether or not this event is worth trying for me.

Edited by Arkvold

I have a feeling that it is counted as I don't think they have written a separate system or scoring to keep it out of the scoreboard, but i am not sure. Other people say it isn't, but it is still the conclave, and just a special competition.

15 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

I ask because I care; I hate Conclave and its hyper-competitive playerbase.  I hate stat records visible to other people in PvP (because people judge based on them and I despise PvP elitism.)

I want to have a lighthearted snowball fight with other Tenno, not have a permanent blemish on my record for people to mock just because I participated in a festive holiday event.

If I don't have to worry about win-loss records, and I don't have to worry about winning or losing and I can mute everyone who tries to be an e-peen-waving tryhard about it, then all the stress I experience normally in PvP vanishes.  And it may, heaven help me for saying this, actually be fun for me.

So, is it counted, or is it not?  The answer to the question will entirely determine whether or not this event is worth trying for me.

Well to answer your question, yes, it would. But I would recommend playing with friends. Invite only matches aren't counted, and you'd probably get more out of it anyway, considering what you're looking for is lighthearted fun. You won't get the tactical alert, though, but all you're missing out on is last year's sigils

Edited by Phasedragon

20 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

I ask because I care; I hate Conclave and its hyper-competitive, predatory playerbase.  I hate stat records visible to other people in PvP (because people judge based on them and I despise PvP elitism.)  I do not want to be labelled a Conclave player, and I especially don't want to be labelled a poor Conclave player.  So normally, I stay out of PvP entirely so I don't bother people who actually enjoy that kind of environment.

But now there's this holiday event, and the sigils are cute, and the idea behind it is neat.  I kinda want to have a lighthearted snowball fight with other Tenno, but that comes with the risk of having a permanent blemish on my record for people to mock just because I participated in a festive holiday event.

Well you are not viable to say conclave is bad.If you are ever going to start playing it you are going to have negative ratio in the beginning.That's how it works.

I actually played it but I don't do it anymore.I'm ranked Typhoon.

43 minutes ago, RistN said:

Well you are not viable to say conclave is bad. ...

I actually played it but I don't do it anymore.I'm ranked Typhoon.

I never said Conclave "was bad" - please don't put words in my mouth.  I am welcome to hold any sort of opinion, so long as I make it clear that it's my opinion.  I am also welcome to state any sort of fact, so long as it is very clearly a fact.

I said I hated it, that's my opinion.  I said I hated its hypercompetitive playerbase, also my opinion.  I also said that I hated stat records visible to others (my opinion), because people judge based on them - something that happened in this very thread, and something which you have just done (therefore fact).

I also said, in case you didn't notice that I stay out of Conclave for those reasons.  Normally, I wouldn't complain about Conclave, because it doesn't affect me.  But this Snowball Showdown is our Christmas tactical alert and in-game event (also note, we are not in the Conclave forums).  So, I wanted to see if this Conclave thing was any different; if it wasn't tracked, and I could squelch the Conclave playerbase or just play with friends, I wouldn't have to skip out on it.

Since it is, though, and since I can't get the rewards by playing with friends alone, I will have to skip it.  Thanks, Phasedragon, for clearing it up.

Also, I don't care about your Conclave rank, or your history with it.  You're welcome to enjoy it if you want; I don't.

Edited by Arkvold

oh man. I was actually optimistic for this event.. balanced health pools.. standardized weaponry... light jolly setting.. and then i was crushed as it came back to me just how skinny jean tight, down to the millisecond, aggressive, sonic speed, whiplash concussion, tryhard warframe's pvp is

At 10 minutes a match, it's incredibly tedious. 5 minutes a match would be fine.

Also, it would be great if ONE SINGLE TIME EVER, matchmaking didn't drop me into a game already in progress on the losing team where the other team was 10-15+ points ahead already. Or being dropped in a losing team 30 seconds before the match ends. Fun times...

This event, in my opinion is the worst yet, which is saying something. I like the concept of the whole event, the candy cane melee weapon, the snowballs, it seemed fun. Then I actually got into the game and got one shot by being hit in the foot... killed by enemy with his back to me... yeah... it's far too laggy to be enjoyable.

PvP was the mistake here, 8 people in one match will always be a mistake in Warframe's peer to peer system.

1 hour ago, Arkvold said:

I never said Conclave "was bad" - please don't put words in my mouth.  I am welcome to hold any sort of opinion, so long as I make it clear that it's my opinion.  I am also welcome to state any sort of fact, so long as it is very clearly a fact.

I said I hated it, that's my opinion.  I said I hated its hypercompetitive playerbase, also my opinion.  I also said that I hated stat records visible to others (my opinion), because people judge based on them - something that happened in this very thread, and something which you have just done (therefore fact).

I also said, in case you didn't notice that I stay out of Conclave for those reasons.  Normally, I wouldn't complain about Conclave, because it doesn't affect me.  But this Snowball Showdown is our Christmas tactical alert and in-game event (also note, we are not in the Conclave forums).  So, I wanted to see if this Conclave thing was any different; if it wasn't tracked, and I could squelch the Conclave playerbase or just play with friends, I wouldn't have to skip out on it.

Since it is, though, and since I can't get the rewards by playing with friends alone, I will have to skip it.  Thanks, Phasedragon, for clearing it up.

Also, I don't care about your Conclave rank, or your history with it.  You're welcome to enjoy it if you want; I don't.

I'm not gonna go into debate...Try out this Christmas tac alert ,you may like it.It's nothing like PvP.You have snowball,lollipop melee and same health,armor like others.It is kind of fun.

I found this to be a strangely vexing experience.  Almost confusingly troubling in a way.

As someone who actually enjoys Conclave on occasion (and general PvP in most any game I play that has it) I went into this thinking;  Hey, this'll be an interesting little romp.  A few fun little matches then out to my usual daily shenanigans/helping folks in Region with utter nonsense.

As someone who actually enjoys Conclave on occasion (etc) I went out of my first three matches thinking;  This has been one of the most un-fun, horrid, and genuinely infuriating experience I have ever had to suffer through.

I don't dislike this event, I utterly loathe every single darn thing about its entire existence.  This is unquestionably the single-most un-fun thing I've played all year.

I'm not one prone to the general anger or salt that comes with PvP-based content in games.  I've probably uttered more swear words in the past hour or so than I have in the last year combined.  I sincerely hope that an event of this nature never dares rear itself ever, ever again throughout Warframe's continued updates.

Going 15 days straight without getting a Riven mod after the Sortie rewards were reworked got a mere shrug from me.  It was unfortunate that luck wasn't going my way but hey, I actively enjoyed playing the missions along the way.  I am rather dreading the next couple of days now, this, is going to be quite unpleasant an experience indeed.

Or, in short;  This genuinely sucks.

You know, I think I remember DE promising that there wouldn't be any PVP only events in the game back when conclave was first introduced, anyone else remember? Or maybe Tactical Alerts ≠ Events.

I've done every single Tactical Alert ever, up until this point. I hope that sends a clear enough message to them. I will not partake in PvP. Ever. Period.

Why people keep going into the mindset that this is PVP ?
I don't even think it counts to your PVP records.As long it doesn't count, it ain't PVP.

All I see is throwing snowballs at each other.
And it is more of a brainless spam fest than real pvp since you can't use powers and balls are not hit scan.
In fact if you love real pvp conclave, I will say you will be sorely disappointed.

No need to control points, no need to mentally remember timers on orbs spawning.
Everyone is equally balanced with same items, same everything. No special mods.

The most "balanced" conclave ever.

Also I don't want to sound like someone sucking it up to DE, but again this is DE choice.
And it is totally reasonable that DE tries to introduce more people to certain aspects of the game like PVP or archwing.
I known of many players who hate Archwing and still refuse to play it. Even among Founders.

Some have gradually became more accepting and level AW just for the heck of farming certain frames.
Some still don't have limbo and Atlas yet as they absolutely reject AW and will not fork out a plat for frames out of principal.
Again that is their choice. 

PVP is in the same boat, too little conclave players leaving it barren.
This is a waste of assets imo, so it is right for DE to try nudge players there.