Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowball Showdown Feedback

CephalonHibiya

11 hours ago, xochild said:

So I want to talk about the Snowday Showdown Tactical Alert. I'm aware of how much work and effort goes into making an event like this, but, I think making a Tactical Alert that's based on PvP was a mistake.

For better or worse, not every Tenno likes Conclave, Lunaro, Archwing, or Raids. Some avoid what they don't like for different reasons, but, I feel that this Tactical Alert sort of forces Conclave onto people. I personally hate Conclave, I don't enjoy it all for a variety of reasons I won't go into. But, I can appreciate the effort made into making this Tactical Alert. That's why I'm so confused as to why the team thought pushing people to do it seemed like a good idea. Obviously DE has the stats on how many Tenno consistently play Conclave, but, my understanding is that not everyone does; in fact, that few Tenno do.

There are a lot of Tenno that maybe haven't played Conclave before, don't like Conclave, or are new players that are being forced into playing this Tactical Alert and are going up against Tenno that have loads of experience with Conclave. To say matches can end 1:50 isn't an exaggeration.

I'd like to know what other people think about this Tactical Alert, specifically about the fact it's PvP-based. Let's also please keep things civil and positive, after all, it's the holidays.

Might have been ok if it was only snowballs and they didnt slow you, all people do is use the scythe...

The whole "no one is forcing you" arguement isn't the point.

The point is, a TAC is a "community event" when in reality, this one really is not. It is a conclave event, which isnt the "community" at large at all. I just hope they don't use the numbers from this event to say, hey... everyone wants this type of stuff. No, "everyone" doesnt - people just like to complete things.. like community events.

1 hour ago, Elenoe said:

ok, let me rephrase: it's sad DE didn't care to bring any winter event. Most of games have one.

There's Tennobaum and this I guess. They did bring something, just maybe not as expansive as you might've wanted. They did bring a gunspear tho, so in my eyes it's kind of compensated for.

In my opinion, the tactical alert is fun, and I think that I might want to try out conclave more as a result. Snowballs are difficult to hit though, which makes me feel like they're a poor weapon for this kind of gameplay.

16 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

They made a Tactical Alert so we can throw snowballs to each other and have fun, but you ruined the fun of everyone.

It isn't just snowballs, fairly sure no one is impressed when someone starts hitting people with a stick in a snowball fight.

6 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

I don't even think it counts to your PVP records.As long it doesn't count, it ain't PVP.

It does count to PvP records and conclave gains.

---------------------------------

Given win or lose you get the points to the tac alert. DE could have made this simply a fun event where you pelt each other with snowballs for 5-10 minutes a round (not whack each other with sticks).  More snowballs that hit you the more you look like a snowman or santa (or some other cosmetic changes).

This could of then evolved into a fun seasonal game; Winter being snowballs, Summer being water balloons, Halloween being pumpkins, Autumn/Fall being leaf balls and so on and so forth.

Edited by Loswaith

Merry Merry PVP Event Feedback

After playing it today i thought I'd share my feedback for this.

To start i don't like PVP in Warframe but I love PVP in games it just doesn't feel right in Warframe at the moment....

I think it has alot to do with the third person deal and the movement style of Warframe. So when i want my PVP thrill i prefer to jump onto Titanfall 2 or Battlefield.

Anyway to this event i really liked it and i know right someone with my opinion shouldn't. 

But it's insanely silly and fun to throw snowballs at people or belt someone with a candy cane. Best thing is no powers or very different styles per player.

So i have to give DE +100 for this but i still think be careful with pushing it on PVE players.

Could of done this for pvp no rewards just for fun and had us fight a magical void roided snowman.😂

images.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

4 hours ago, Arkvold said:

For the bulk of the playerbase, an Orokin Catalyst (day 3) and a limited-access weapon skin (day 4) are a bit more than 'nothing.'

Yeah, I didn't see that until later. You're right, the catalyst is something some people will need. Still, it's sad that DE can never have an event for the conclave community because there had to be a reward and that means that everyone "has" to get it and that means that DE is "forcing" people to play pvp. There can never be a raiding event either.  :(

Of course, it's still just a couple of snowball fights. You don't have to win. You don't even have to try. There's no additional reward for winning except conclave standing. And it's the most fun and balanced that conclave has ever been. I don't play conclave but I enjoyed this. If it bothers you that much to die to a snowball, just stay away from the fight. Most of the time the people who want to mix it up congregate in the same spot, if you find a secluded spot you'll mostly be ignored. It can't be worse than doing 3 survivals for a potato invasion. 

Problem is it isn't just snowballs, that is the actual fun part, sure you may die but good chance you will hit your opponents fairly regularly.  The cane is what sucks out the fun as in most cases that is 1-2 hits and your waiting to respawn.

At the end of the day it is a stick fight with snowballs.

The same game could have been achieved without the cane and snowballs that did only 5 damage per shot.  Then it would be just pelting each other with snowballs.

Edited by Loswaith

I don't think the issue is that the reward is given out just by participating, its more that you have to participate. For many players the conclave isn't viable or enjoyable, either by lag, function or something else. While this event did bring balance to the conclave for weapons and health, it still neglects a major issue, which is, in my opinion, the hit boxes and connection between players. So to be forced into the conclave in such conditions, it makes the experience unpleasant to say the least.

Don't get me wrong, the idea is a good one, a snowball fight between players, but to me, this is just a re-skin of standard conclave game-play, not an actual seperate event, or even a snowball fight (candy-cane scythes seem to be put in to remind people that there is that skin in the market). The respawn alone is a draw back in this event, not to mention needs fixing in general conclave. Then throw in the forced 10 minute timer and it becomes more tedious then it is worth. No one wants to have ten solid minutes, with no break in the action, of throwing stuff at each other, especially on some of the smaller maps. If one team is dominating, the other team is forced to endure it rather than re-balance the teams.

I do think that the conclave as it is lacks motivation to participate in it and should maybe have some events for it, but conclave players often forget it wasn't something that was originally part of the game. And if you as a conclave player find it barren, it may be because the majority of the players in the co-op area do not enjoy it for whatever reason. I think it does deserve some rewards, even maybe some alerts, but I don't think it should be the main event as it is right now. I personally enjoy a number of different pvp type games, but do avoid the conclave because it isn't set up well. Regardless of my opinion though there are some players that do enjoy it, and i think if you can, you should. However, conclave players, please don't forget that the game was, and still is in majority, a Co-op game.

Saw "conclave", noticed I already have the Sigil. Yeah, nope, not gonna bother. Might suffer through it if the next rewards are worth it, though even a potato isn't worth suffering through conclave, I thankfully got plenty when they were on sale a few times recently. The skin, maybe, will remain to be seen depending on what it is.

I think the normal PVP rules just make it less fun while there is no way to communicate between teams. Chatting for S#&$ and giggles. Everybody goes off just killing like in normal PVP. There is really nothing to it other than it's PVP with snow. I can just walk around and wait for that 10 minutes to pass three times just to get the Reward and that's it. There is really no reason to poke it after the 3 matches.

I think the problem is not the conclave itself but the mentality people have with how to interact with the conclave and by default the tactical alert.
I've tried a few random fights and for some god forsaken reason there are players that just idle through the match. They literally go to a hiding spot on the map, and wait for the timer to go out doing absolutely nothing, even when they get found out by the enemy team.
If you're this type of person, or with a similar way of thinking then of course you will not enjoy the match, it will be a literal waste of time because you're hell bent on not giving it a chance and by proxy just being baggage for your team.

I get it that the conclave is not perfect, being a weird option on a centric PvE game and having several issues with connection due to the lack of a dedicated servers hell i've never got into it before this, but to be so obstinate will only ruin the experience of those that are trying to give it a chance.

So far of the matches i've seen the most active players are around rank 0-8 and in SEVERAL cases the people that go into hiding and such are well over rank 20, is that really the kind of image you guys wanna give?

3 minutes ago, Fraxim said:

I get it that the conclave is not perfect, being a weird option on a centric PvE game and having several issues with connection due to the lack of a dedicated servers hell i've never got into it before this, but to be so obstinate will only ruin the experience of those that are trying to give it a chance.

Do you see another choice other than not playing?  Nobody can force themselves to actively participate into something they dislike. And like many said "it's only 30 minutes" so they endure it by doing as little as possible. They just want a sigil they won't be able to get again for a long time. A sigil, might I add, could be won 2 years ago from a pve event. Why they put it behind a pvp event this time I don't understand. This behavior of idling was inevitably bound to happen.

It was a poor choice to make this a main event in a pve centric game. It would've worked if there were 2 separate events, one for pve and one for pvp.

"It's just a sigil. You don't need it"

Wait until tomorrow when the gift is an Orokin Catalyst. That excuse will no longer work. Expect the amount of idlers to rise significantly.

Just now, MystMan said:

Do you see another choice other than not playing?  Nobody can force themselves to actively participate into something they dislike. And like many said "it's only 30 minutes" so they endure it by doing as little as possible. They just want a sigil they won't be able to get again for a long time. A sigil, might I add, could be won 2 years ago from a pve event. Why they put it behind a pvp event this time I don't understand. This behavior of idling was inevitably bound to happen.

It was a poor choice to make this a main event in a pve centric game. It would've worked if there were 2 separate events, one for pve and one for pvp.

"It's just a sigil. You don't need it"

Wait until tomorrow when the gift is an Orokin Catalyst. That excuse will no longer work. Expect the amount of idlers to rise significantly.

so you're saying it's ok to ruin the experience of new players by just sitting as fodder when you get on their team?
The sigil may be old but there's people, NEW people that are trying hard to win and have a good time and that way of thinking will only sour the experience they have with the community.