Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowball Showdown Feedback

CephalonHibiya

To keep it very simple, there should be no PvP, PvP inspired or PvP influenced events or tactical alerts in WarFrame. Leave PvP in conclave and conclave only, and only rewarding conclave mods. Just leave this failed experiment to the 75-100 people who regularly play PvP in WarFrame. No need to force others into a PvP they can't stand to obtain PvE or cosmetic rewards.

6 hours ago, Virsalus said:

First we get the index, now we get this. DE are pushing PvP so hard it hurts. Please concentrate more on the modes the majority of people actually enjoy. As OP said, I am pretty sure they released a diagram some while ago that showed that only a fraction of players actually actively played PvP. Why do you keep making events around those now?

The index was was an Arena match PvE not PvP. Which was significantly better than putting up with the excruciatingly awful netcode for PvP. Worse is that this event took an hour and a half to complete for both sigils and a catalyst. Next time they force this crap I'm just gonna AFK and watch some TV for the duration. If they want me to play PvP they need to decrease the grind I already have to put in on PvE and they to get it to an actual playable state. Neither things they care to do.

Now that I think about it, this would be a lot more fun if the Snowballs behaved much more like Hikou Prime and did less damage. 

I also suddenly want a similar event, except it's a normal Exterminate mission and we're armed only with snowballs.  And ideally, so is the enemy.

Also, I suddenly want the ability to throw snowballs at each other in the relays.

Edited by Hearsay

It  kinda has the feel of being told to eat my brussel sprouts or no ice cream after.    Ill go without the ice cream, thanks.     I do get that they intended this to be light hearted fun.    But the irritation at that game style overcomes any of the fun factor the event might have held.

I am not against Conclave.   For those that want to play it, great, good for them.   Even tried yesterday, and again today, to see if I still have the same distaste for that type of game play.   Yup, I don't like PVP FPS games.    To me, this event is specific for the PvP Tenno and them alone.  No different than their conclave specific mods.   A totally separate game than the rest of us play.   Not even mad, just wondering when the rest of us will get an event.  

4 hours ago, Pirate-X said:

The index was was an Arena match PvE not PvP. Which was significantly better than putting up with the excruciatingly awful netcode for PvP. Worse is that this event took an hour and a half to complete for both sigils and a catalyst. Next time they force this crap I'm just gonna AFK and watch some TV for the duration. If they want me to play PvP they need to decrease the grind I already have to put in on PvE and they to get it to an actual playable state. Neither things they care to do.

With how greedy everyone was trying to snatch points away from under each others' noses you can't tell me that wasn't PvP.

After reading all the posts, I can think of...

• If you don't like the PvP matches but want the sigils, you can wait next year Christmas for it to returned as another kinds of Tactical Event if you don't want to play this year event.
  • If you don't like the PvP matches but want the Blue potato, your time is better use 30 minutes on farming relics, use relic, get prime parts, sell it and gain 20p to buy it from the market.
  • If you don't like the PvP matches but want the Glaxion skins, you should tell yourself you dont NEED it.

3 hours ago, heisthex said:
  • If you don't like the PvP matches but want the sigils, you can wait next year Christmas for it to returned as another kinds of Tactical Event if you don't want to play this year event.

That might be a very long wait.  The sigils and Glaxion Skins were (PVE) event rewards in 2014, not 2015. So there's no guarantee they will return exactly one year later. And not again behind a pvp event.

3 hours ago, heisthex said:
  • If you don't like the PvP matches but want the Blue potato, your time is better use 30 minutes on farming relics, use relic, get prime parts, sell it and gain 20p to buy it from the market.

No way can that be guaranteed in 30 minutes, with RNG and the hassle of trading. Least of all by new players.
And this still doesn't take away the fact that this potato reward is free. These aren't handed out every day.

Edited by MystMan

Thanks for reminding me because I do not play PvP, and it was not because I tried, but it is unbalanced and also lagueado. It's a shame that the snow scene will have to suffer like this. Give coal to the PvP alerts.

Edited by JARVII

On 12/17/2016 at 11:13 PM, lodoubt said:

Man, I hate how I was forced to play Nightmare Law of Retribution ~30 times to get all the arcanes in it.

Underrated comment right here. At the end of the day only you can force yourself to do something you don't want to do, and there will always be things you don't want to do that provide rewards you want to get. DE can't fix that for you, you're going to have to take control of your play session and either decide to do it or decide to avoid it. I could get more potatoes and nitain if I stayed up 24 hours a day watching the alerts, and I DO want more potatoes and nitain, but it's not worth it to me. So I don't do it. Should I complain because DE is forcing me to play 24/7 if I want potatoes and nitain? Or should I learn to accept that I will miss some things, and that's okay?

On 12/16/2016 at 9:23 PM, xochild said:

No you're not in essence being forced, it just means that you personally can't stand that there's a reward you're not gonna get unless YOU force yourself to do it. That's you, not DE. Seriously all this drama over a couple of snowball matches and a potato.

And for the record I don't actually enjoy Conclave much, I just give it a go from time to time. The snowball fights are completely fair though, every has the same stuff, jumps around like crazy and the matches that I've been in are fairly even. So either go fly around and throw some snowballs without being salty about it, or if you hate it that much do not do it and don't get a potato. It's not the end of the world.

Please DE, next year, do not bring this alert back. I found this to be a bad idea for several reasons.

• This was a PvP event, meaning there is a significant shift in playstyle and objective compared to previous events.
  • Conclave follows its own unique load-outs, mods, and rule sets, meaning anyone who has never done a Conclave before is at a severe disadvantage.
  • It uses preset weapons, forcing players to use weapons they may not be familiar with.

On 12/18/2016 at 3:23 AM, Heckzu said:

No one is forced to do the tactical alert, as its reward doesn't have any influence on gameplay unlike weapons which give mastery exp and in some cases are weapons players will actually use instead of discarding as fodder.

The argument that players are forced to play in the Conclave because there's a reward they don't already own is flawed because the Conclave features 16 exclusive sigils, 3 armor sets (2 of which are exclusive), 1  exclusive (and renowned) syandana,  and 31 exclusive weapon skins (most of which are considered the best skins for the weapons they apply to). If you really needed to obtain every cosmetic you can, then you would have already voluntarily participated in the Conclave. For the same reason you don't have a Celestia Syandana, you don't need to have the winter sigils.

Is it really that difficult to understand? to get the rewards you have to do the alert. The only alert to be done is conclave, therefore if you want the rewards with NO other way atm to obtain them you are forced to do conclave. For these rewards the conclave isn't "optional", it is mandatory. You are not forced to DO the tact alert but you ARE forced to do conclave if you do as there is no other option. The only way this wouldn't be forced is if there was an alternative way to obtain them right now. If there are no optional methods to get something but one path, you are forced to do that one path if you want to get to the end. 

Although I have skimmed over the comments, from what I have seen, people aren't saying DE is forcing them to do the tac alert, but they are forcing conclave on it. As for your 2nd part, I would counter argue that unlike this tac alert those items will still be there. If I have x amount of time to get something vs anytime I want then there is difference as there is no real time restraint. Not having to have it does not erase the fact that you would HAVE to do it to get those items. 

TL;DR 

Doing the alert itself is optional, doing conclave for them is NOT~

Edited by DiabolicalHamSandwich
reasons~

Clunky Scythe stances and slow, arcing projectiles didn't make it feel fun, jsut a mandatory grind...

Matchmaking is bad too. Nobody wants to be queued into a 10-25 game as 1v2 to 1v4.

I think it's fine to encourage PvP, but at least make it more refined. Especially the Scythes...

Clunky stance, buffering of attack and no way to interrupt the animation. Also the headshots are kind of stupid.

Read this first:

For those who say "it's just lame skins, don't get it if you hate conclave", it's not up to you to decide what other people should want. Some people don't have them and want them.
They are presented 2 choices:

1. Ignore it all and lose out on the skins, potato and the apparently nowhere-notified Stratos counter or...
  2. Grind your teeth and go for it which is followed by one of these results, based by reading many posts:
  • not being able to connect to the event at all all day due to bugs
  • join a very laggy host which nobody will enjoy (except the host of course)
  • join a game that was a few minutes or so away from finishing, which will not count
  • join a losing team (for those who care)
  • get pubstomped, this usually brings out the worst in people from both sides
  • struggle to understand how to play a gamestyle you have never done before
  • don't bother and just hide/stand still moving once in awhile to avoid being AFK-kicked, much to the chagrin of your opponents who are playing seriously
  • actually have a good time

That's a long list with only one possible positive on it. This entire event was bound to be a disaster.

Why was this even called "tactical alert".  There's nothing about it that implies this, no goals, objectives or bosses like the 30 TA that came before this. Just participate and pretend to like it with a forced smile instead of hiding otherwise risk getting reported for AFKing? Geez, just make separate pve and pvp alerts, side by side. That would've avoided so much of this obviously inevitable commotion. Never mix pve and pvp together. This always, ALWAYS, happens.

Edited by MystMan

On 18.12.2016 at 8:31 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

No. You are wrong. 100% dead wrong. You are splitting hairs and being intellectually dishonest with your argument. What matters is if people dont have the sigils and want them, they are forced to play conclave. Those of us complaining have every right to and we are the vast majority of the playerbase. And we do not want to be forced to conclave to get sigils. Yes in essence we are forced, stop putting words in my mouth. I never said you would be banned, but yes in essence we are "forced" to participate in something we despise if we want the sigils. And DE needs to never pull a stunt lile this again.

Sure. Cosmetics are the best.

But is you who wants them.Is iust an event do it if you like it ignore it if you don't

I loved the game type actually bc of how festive it was but when I actually wanted to play it alone or with friends its literally impossible to find another player to be on the other team or even for one of our squad members to switch teams. I loved this game and I really wanted to play it more but I gave up after realizing it was literally impossible to find anyone else unless you were in a game already.