Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok feedback.

Multicom-EN-

Just now, skull75 said:

not everything has to be end game

So there should be bad weapons within the game? So waiting for a new weapon to come out for weeks/months and you won't mind it being a tickling gun to the grineer?

But I do understand that weapon doesnt have to be end game to have fun with it. It is a fun weapon dont get me wrong, its just that with heavy caliber on the weapon itself its just unusable entirely. But dont you also want some more variety for endgame gear rather than just Synoid Simulor, tonkor, and weapons that we've been exposed to for several months? I would prefer that every weapon would be viable in this game but that is what Damage 3.0 is all about and I can't wait for that day so I could be useful without having to be forced to use the Synoid Simulor in high level missions.

Warframe0055_zpsolwijbd4.jpg

I was pointing exactly at the camera, yet the fireball landed slightly above it. Note that this isn't an accuracy problem, i fired several times and the fireball lands at the same spot each time. And after taking a screen shot, it seems like the problem is the recoil of the weapon register before the shot itself.

Second problem is, as you can see despite hitting the camera, the projectile didn't register. Seems like the hit box detection for the projectile is off.

On the topic of throwing our new spear, it seems like they gave it a decent AoE and strong damage, but balanced this with no callback and self-damage.

I'm fine with no callback, but having no callback AND self-damage is stupid. It's asking for you to throw it, begging even, but you either throw it far away and sacrifice your mind running to pick it up or throw it close and sacrifice your body by killing yourself repeatedly.

I never understood self-damage on the Ogris, I don't understand it here.

I haven't used it yet, but what if throwing it also reloaded it? With a given that it'd make it so you could throw it without ammo too. That'd be something to slightly promote lots of throwing, I guess.

Honestly, 6 round sounds relatively fine for the damage it does, but the reload certainly is a bit excessive, looking at it's stats.

Oh man, have I ever told you that I absolutely LOVE the Grineer and everything they are

no? well I just did, the more you know.

Anyway, the JAVLOK, Grineer flame Javelin/spear, here are some of my opinions and feedbacks I got for it:

Honestly speaking, this is by far one of the most challenging and difficult weapons in the game, and there aren't many

It's a pretty risky weapon...and unforetunately, it's not exactly a very rewarding weapon as well.

I tried it out with level 105 Corrupt Heavies, it handled itself okay, not the best but okay. Of course, you can't ask for every weapon to be on the top of the food chain and I understand that.

There are still a few bugs here and there, mostly with the localization of the javelin when stuck onto the enemies, disappearing on sight, no marker, etc...But nothing too bad really.

Though, I do think that it still requires some changes and improvements.

Here are the changes I PERSONALLY think would be best:

- On Secondary Fire:  1)  When the Javelin is thrown and impaled onto the surface whether it's on and enemy or the ground, it will radiate a Heat Wave that deals DoT and proc elementals, it will come back to you when you retrieve it or the timer runs out, in this case, 12 seconds or so...you know, kinda like the Zenistar, but maybe the range of the Heat wave is smaller. Just to give it more crowd control.

- Primary Fire, Maybe add a bit more AoE to it? Honestly doesn't matter, Primary mode is quite okay. It's however is undoubtedly slow, it did take me quite a while to take down a level 105 corrupt heavy gunner, unless you get lucky and land all your shots as crit headshots.

It's currently a quite ok weapon, it handles ok-ish, but still a high risk-low reward weapon, I don't think the secondary fire mode is worth it with the self-damaging AoE blast from it and the slightly better damage and the one-man knockdown.

But all and all, I love the thing. Would love to see it get a bit better though.

Edited by SprinKah

2 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Here is how to best Improve it. Sparta skin, along with a bundle for a Silva & Aegis and I don't know, maybe an Excalibur Sparta skin.

More Javelin primary weapons incoming. The first we saw a few devstream ago was a Tenno weapon.

56 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Here are the changes I PERSONALLY think would be best:

- On Secondary Fire:  1)  When the Javelin is thrown and impaled onto the surface whether it's on and enemy or the ground, it will radiate a Heat Wave that deals DoT and proc elementals, it will come back to you when you retrieve it or the timer runs out, in this case, 12 seconds or so if you don't pick it up...you know, like the Zenistar, but maybe the range of the Heat wave is smaller. Just to give it more crowd control.

- Primary Fire, Maybe add a bit more AoE to it? Honestly doesn't matter, Primary mode is quite okay. It's however is undoubtedly slow, it did take me quite a while to take down a level 105 corrupt heavy gunner, unless you get lucky and land all your shots as crit headshots.

It's currently a quite ok weapon, it handles ok-ish, but still a high risk-low reward weapon, I don't think the secondary fire mode is worth it with the self-damaging AoE blast from it and the slightly better damage and the one-man knockdown.

But all and all, I love the thing. Would love to see it get a bit better though.

I think these ideas are actually pretty good after playing it a bit I find it lacking in the AoE on the primary and definitely like that secondary idea and man a timer to return it for when it gets lost without the marker would be nice.

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

I think these ideas are actually pretty good after playing it a bit I find it lacking in the AoE on the primary and definitely like that secondary idea and man a timer to return it for when it gets lost without the marker would be nice.

Well thanks man, I mean yeah, atm, the javelin returns to you anyway, I really just added some AoE support effects that'd go on when it's out there, impaled on whatever surface.

Suggestion: If Javlok + Staff or Polearm equipped, then option to use Javlok's model for the Staff or Polearm which would also become invisible on holster, as well as Javlok becoming invisible on holster if the Staff or Polearm is equipped, visible as 1 weapon if secondary is equipped.

Did you forma it before taking it to the sortie? I figured itd take a few forma to get it at a decent spot to deal with higher level stuff (most weapons usually do). And can you screenshot your build so we can see your setup? Maybe we can find improvements?

Edited by Ker-Blammo

i think if they took off the reload of the primary fire and made the ammo mehcanics more like how bows work it would help alot with using the primary fire. an alow it to feel alot less cumbersom reloading the small magazine each time. an you could throw it whenever because right now if your relading or try to throw it after that last roun is hot befor relading you cant throw it and make it feel strange after charging the primary shots. and would also help it be more sustained damage for single targets instead of just burst dps

Edited by Starwake

45 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Did you forma it before taking it to the sortie? I figured itd take a few forma to get it at a decent spot to deal with higher level stuff (most weapons usually do). And can you screenshot your build so we can see your setup? Maybe we can find improvements?

I originally had done it without a forma and it did leave a spot open that couldn't take a mod just yet, however the mod slot would only be used with Terminal Velocity. I had modded for Blast and Corrosive for CC and against those armored enemies. Then the other ones I put on Serration Split Chamber and Speedy Trigger, I refuse to put on Heavy Caliber for this weapon since it is near impossible to get a hit that you were aiming towards.

Also I had Heavy Caliber on the Javlok when I did the sorties and when I did hit the enemies it maybe did 5-10% of their health per shot.

14 minutes ago, MushroomChevalier said:

I originally had done it without a forma and it did leave a spot open that couldn't take a mod just yet, however the mod slot would only be used with Terminal Velocity. I had modded for Blast and Corrosive for CC and against those armored enemies. Then the other ones I put on Serration Split Chamber and Speedy Trigger, I refuse to put on Heavy Caliber for this weapon since it is near impossible to get a hit that you were aiming towards.

Also I had Heavy Caliber on the Javlok when I did the sorties and when I did hit the enemies it maybe did 5-10% of their health per shot.

Hmmm, are you building with the status+elemental mods, or just elemental mods, or both? Also, building with crit mods? 

1 minute ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Hmmm, are you building with the status+elemental mods, or just elemental mods, or both? Also, building with crit mods? 

I did it with status + elemental mods giving me 80+ status chance. I don't run critical on weapons that dont deal fast amount of damage hence the travel speed of the Primary Fire, and when I did proc a critical it would only be 1-2k more than the regular damage and thats what did around 8-10% of armored enemies health at higher levels.

So we finaly got new weapon type...Fire trow spear. And its not awesome. Javlok feels weak and need some buffs:

1) Recall button.or lover auto recall timer to 5 sec.If you "lost" your gun you have to wait 20 sec before it will come back to you..its way to long

2) Make trow stronger..give it more dmg and radius

3) More dmg or crit chance to primary fire

4) Larger mag or faster reload speed.

P.S. does Javlok  have riven mods?

yes it does have rivens

mod full on dmg and u can kill an inaros with the alt fire. dmg buff not really needed

aoe is already huge on alt fire so a buff is not really needed (especially if u have firestorm)

crit chance? maybe :l altho we do not know what dmg 3.0 is gona do to status so i wouldn't buff it immediatly but wait

reload speed. yeeeeah it is bit slow :l but can be fixed rather easily with 7 mod points and a mod slot

Edited by Hemmo67

6 minutes ago, MushroomChevalier said:

I did it with status + elemental mods giving me 80+ status chance. I don't run critical on weapons that dont deal fast amount of damage hence the travel speed of the Primary Fire, and when I did proc a critical it would only be 1-2k more than the regular damage and thats what did around 8-10% of armored enemies health at higher levels.

Seems like youre probably going the right direction... im wondering if running both ele+status and the pure ele mods just for corrosive would do a bit better. Either way, ill play around with it when i get home today and ill probably post back after a few forma if ive found anything worth noting lol. I really want this thing to work. :p

I usually stick to if sometimes harsh but always fair constructive criticism

this time Im having reaaaally hard time to do so that I must apologize beforehand
I just really have to get this out of my system

here goes....

below average weapons aka mastery fodder are nothing new to warframe
but this time you just had to ruin such amazing concept...why just WHY!?

I spent 3 forma and almost a 4th one trying to fix this weapon but theres simply too many negatives to fix

-ridiculously slow projectile speed
-low damage
-painful reload speed
-low magazine size
-low firerate
-self damage
-awful mechanics

you know..... Im not a video game dev but if I was one Id design my weapons so that each negative has an amazing positive
this weapon lacks that completely

I mean sure 20% crit and status sounds good but with damage,magazine size and firerate that bad especially with that  horrible reload those stats are barely okay

now shooting with primary fire is just average at best

but what really kills it is that the highlight of the weapon which is the throw
is so pathetic

I mean what the hell happened?
self damage? this is so stupid just please get rid of it, blowing yourself up Is not fun 

also why the hell do you have to retrieve the weapon every single time you throw it?
half the time the thing just bugs and disappears and sometimes never returns

would it be that horrible to just make it teleport to you after it hits something?

also why doesnt it do anything to nullifier bubbles?
I mean this thing is completely useless against the corpus because of it

that and the because of the projectile speed is so low good luck trying to hit anything that moves fast or flies

okay I think Im done
Im good now.. 

anyway.... please DE and consider doing some changes to this weapon
it is so frustrating to try new weapons and just be disappointed by them only to go back to your older better gear

heres what I think would save this weapon

-better damage
-better projectile speed (seriously hitting things is frigging hard with this thing)
-teleporting secondary fire
-and some relief on that reload I mean holy crap its bad for mag that low

-and I know you guys just love your nullifiers but can you please consider making this weapon penetrate those bubbles so that it has atleast some use against corpus?

sorry for so much salt
I still love you guys DE

5 minutes ago, Twistedsparkle said:

Im not a video game dev but if I was one Id design my weapons so that each negative has an amazing positive

And you would quickly run out of ideas, because making one or two up on a forum is a lot different compared to trying to add a weapon to a game with a large variety of weapon strengths, types, gimmicks and styles.

Also, the idea of "mastery fodder" is stupid. Not everything has to be better than the last added weapon, that's power creep, and it's already enough of a problem. At best, weapons should be sidegrades.