Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok feedback.

Multicom-EN-

27 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Seems like youre probably going the right direction... im wondering if running both ele+status and the pure ele mods just for corrosive would do a bit better. Either way, ill play around with it when i get home today and ill probably post back after a few forma if ive found anything worth noting lol. I really want this thing to work. :p

I do too man, Right now Im trying with just one dual elemental mod for blast giving me about 60+ status and going with point strike, vital sense, and wildfire to increase the damage to 2800 blast and increase the magazine size to 7.

Edited by MushroomChevalier

Something i would like them to consider doing is to slow down on weapon releases altogether.

We have oooooodles of them that an armory would just be nuts now. 😂

I'd love to see them work on balancing the ones we have now while the art team makes weapon skins to sell to cover the difference.

Also remember how Teshin brought his weapon back to himself i was partly hoping to see this given to us.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

6 minutes ago, UNO168 said:

so you can slap a riven on it bro, just DE making sure it's pre-nerfed.

While this might be the case, they could always change the disposition. At the moment i would say its definitely in the "strong" disposition category.

*sigh* was hoping it'd be good but I guess it's just used for cool idles now.

Something akin to Tediore's reload where your spear materializes in your hand after you throw it would help the weapon a lot I think. Would be a shame to work on a new gimmick only for it to be completely useless.

Oh well. Wait for the Corpus one I guess and let's hope it's a good one. Hopefully not a status beam weapon...

the 'Fireball Cannon' Mode has serious weakness because the Weapon is Spear first, Gun second.
it has a Gun-like Mode to make it more flexible.

people complain about everything that isn't Ray Trace is impossible to hit with. in a PvE game. Enemies move so predictably. if it needs to be Ray Trace to be usable, there's so many options for point and click Weapons. SO many.

while the most appropriate course of action would be to make the Spear land more consistent to pick it up more reliably rather than 'change this because of a bug', for practicality in the long run, being able to 'Reload' once the Spear has come to a halt (and not a millisecond before), and having a like, 4-5 Second 'Reload' to make the Spear appear in your hands (haw haw http://i.imgur.com/l3gvDXt.mp4) would help in unexpected situations i suppose.

7 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Wait how can it self damage you.

because Digital Extremes thought ahead and realized a Weapon with less than 1/3 of the Rate of Fire of a Sniper Rifle would actually be not very useful (unlike the silly complaints about Sniper Rifle Rate of Fire), so the Spear explodes on Impact to make it capable of Killing many Enemies at once, rather than just one or two.
:)

So I just tried the Javelok.

I really like that weapon, but there's still some work to do on it in my humble opinion when it comes about the throwing mechanic. I think throwing is not as rewarding as it should. First of all, the throwing AoE effect isn't worth it, and the damage isn't that good either.

Here's my suggestion :

• Make the throwing attack ragdoll ennemies rather nicely in a radius where the weapon was thrown.
  • Increase the crit chances of the throwing attack.

That's about all. :)

I personally dont care about the self damage, what ruins the weapon i was looking forward to is:

Problems with the throw:

1. The throw isnt affected by multishot
  2. According to people on region chat it has less crit damage than the standard fire
  3. Heavy Caliber makes it so that you NEVER hit a throw.

Problems with the fire shot

1. Very low projectile speed
  2. No puncture/slash/impact damage means very little scaleable damage

So what do you have? A throw that does very little damage, and a primary shot that has very little damage.

So sad :(

20 minutes ago, whovianGamer said:

Sounds interesting. Care to share your build?

toxin damage to make gas, vital sense point strike bladed rounds shred serration split chamber and hammershot.

yes, hammershot, because it buffs the crit damage and status chance nicely. this build requires more than one forma though, but when you're proccing gas on blinded/sleeping enemies you get stealth finisher damage on toxin procs. so.....yea....kinda terrifying.

if you're feelin ballsy confident in your headshots swap out shred for argon scope and giggle maniacally like i did last night.

Edited by ObviousLee

20 hours ago, Cradicias said:

-snipped-

3) Punch Through. So, if you run with Shred or Metal Auger on this weapon, you'll constantly find yourself without a weapon to use for long stretches of time. It'll go right through the floor a good 33 meters in some places.

A side note to this that I've noticed is that sometimes (even without punch through) both the marker and weapon become invisible and while you may not be able to see it, your teammates can see the weapon but not the marker. I've noticed a nice thing with the weapon is that if a teammate runs over it or if you manage to smack a teammate with Javlok, it gets put back into your hands but when you're playing with randoms you're not likely to get anyone that can get the weapon for you because they either don't care or can't see it due to a possible massive amount of enemies surrounding it.

I can't tell you how many times I've been unable to find the stupid thing because only I can't see it and occasionally I'll get a nice player that will help me find my weapon so I don't need to wait for my weapon to return. More or less, 50% of the time I am relying on a teammate's help to find a weapon I should be able to get myself. I like to throw the weapon and I do it constantly. The weapon is fun to me (aside from primary fire which isn't that rewarding), but I can't lie in the sense that it does need some changes.

Edited by PaintedWolf

My only complain with this weapon is the bad target hitting ability and the non existent aoe damage when fire mode. The throwing part is okay and have a good aoe. The status on this is nice and the crit build also a possible way. The damage is not really problematic but like everything in high level can be sucks.  In the normal fire mode you need to be careful shooter and aim directly on head or torso if you have blast-gas-viral-radiation is cool. A banshee also can make difference when equip it so I suggest to use banshee with it because her sonar with this weapon can be nice dps weapon.

It needs to teleport back. Ill live if thats a nono, but so far ive found it can land safely in death zones and other places we cant legit go. it wont always stay in primary either. and heavy caliber takes the accuracy from 100 to 1.7. that doesnt seem like 55% to me. more like 99% lol. Other than that, i like it and dont mind anything else. Its fun to use, strong, and ill be dropping forma on it for sure.

One thing that needs a major fix on this is that if you use a punch through mod on the Javlok, or you miss when you throw it, it's very easy for it to get stuck somewhere that can't be reached, with no way to get it back quickly. Only thing I can think of is either to have it automatically come back to you after a second or two, or to have it return by pressing the secondary fire button again.

I also think it would make more sense for the primary fire to have an AOE instead of the secondary, but that's just a personal opinion.

I hate the self damage with a burning passion. Weapons with self damage have lost their place to a certain degree, with all the enemies up in your face most of the time, I would really like to see that explosion from the javelin throw to be nerfed to around what the Tonkor has, or just removed altogether.

As for the people asking to auto return Javlok, I would have to disagree, on the condition that throwing the javelin becomes a bit stronger. Right now, the javelin toss is hard to justify doing given the power of the primary fire. In short:

- Buff toss

- Nerf self damage

- Keep having to go pick it up

Anyone's thoughts on this?

Self damage is a fair mechanic, whether it's fun or not. Enemies only get that close to you if you let them get that close to you. 

Powerful things should have  limitation, and yet many don't. I feel all explosives should have enough self damage to kill the user if they shoot it carelessly, including Tonkor.