Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Cernos Prime, marriage of two classes of Flaws

SquireAngel

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

That's not the point.

the point of this build is that it still makes the weapon viable up to lvl 100 enemies at least.

10 Arrows at nearly point blank is not exactly what i call viable.

1 hour ago, Xebov said:

The world doesnt consist out of cloaked Lokis that simply walk by. And even if you can close the gap with him, every Shotgun will still be way more effective when it comes to killing speed and every melee weapon.

With Loki, its a silent shotgun. Id like to think its a weapon made for a loki or ivara. 😀

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

With Loki, its a silent shotgun. Id like to think its a weapon made for a loki or ivara. 😀

No its not. For Loki all weapons can become silenced when using "Hushed Invisibility" so he can use an actual shotgun. For Ivara its pointless as her 4th ability is the same, just better.

That's not the point.

the point of this build is that it still makes the weapon viable up to lvl 100 enemies at least.

You build makes it take 20 seconds to kill ONE enemy. Explain to me again how this is a viable build for anything that requires quick killing? Moving on, even IF the Cernos Prime was 'end game Viable', which isn't even something I was mentioning, as DE itself has stated the scaling process is flawed to a degree, you're missing the largest point; it's not a satisfying weapon. The closest comparison, Ivara's Bow,  still has the option to have a vertical fan, allowing you to land many arrows on a singular target. The Cernos Prime is rigid and unsatisfying, as standing in front of an enemy with a slow firing bow because you can't hit long range isn't fun. 

3 hours ago, Xebov said:

10 Arrows at nearly point blank is not exactly what i call viable.

I tested this build at several ranges. It's effective even without being up in an enemies face.

at the very least it's powerful enough to be worth using against targets up to level 100(w/o sortie buffs)

i'm aware that it being a short range bow is an issue, but there are several frames capable of capitalizing on this.

any tank.

any frame that can disable multiple enemies at a time.

frames with good defensive powers(turbulence, silence etc.)

what a lot of people don't take into account is that the bow is powerful if used in the right scenario, and there are plenty of frames that can even FORCE such a scenario to occur(loki, ivara, zephyr, banshee, tanks)

all in all, this bow couldn't have been released with a more suitable frame.

i'm aware that it being a short range bow is an issue, but there are several frames capable of capitalizing on this.

It wouldnt be an issue if it would do short range damage, with some kind of bonus damage if several arrows hit one target.

All the Frames that can use this bow can also use all the otehr weapons that are way more effective. If a weapon requires the use of specific frames to work its a bad weapon to begin with.

Edited by Xebov

23 minutes ago, Xebov said:

It wouldnt be an issue if it would do short range damage, with some kind of bonus damage if several arrows hit one target.

All the Frames that can use this bow can also use all the otehr weapons that are way more effective. If a weapon requires the use of specific frames to work its a bad weapon to begin with.

Okay, so they can use more effective weapons, i get that....but that's far from my point.

the build makes it viable, powerful, especially in the hands of a frame that can use it at close range via tankiness or invisibility.

other than sorties, rathuum or long term endless missions, you're almost never going to encounter enemies that'll tank a single arrow, let alone ten.

it may not best the rakta or dread(or even daikyu) in terms of dps, but it bests them in power, meaning it takes less shots.

cernos prime isn't MADE for sniping(dmg falloff/split) it's made for close range encounters. As i stated earlier, it couldn't have been released with a better frame.

pump enough dmg into it, and the dmg split will cause the initial 3 arrows to match the dread(give or take) in dmg, EACH.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

Okay, so they can use more effective weapons, i get that....but that's far from my point.

I get your point. I also tried the bow myself and i have it fully formaed with Riven etc. The thing is that it requires way to specific circumstances in order to work. Against groups you require very specific distances, against single targets too. The narrow specifics make it hard to use and less usefull in most situations than other weapons.

21 minutes ago, Xebov said:

I get your point. I also tried the bow myself and i have it fully formaed with Riven etc. The thing is that it requires way to specific circumstances in order to work. Against groups you require very specific distances, against single targets too. The narrow specifics make it hard to use and less usefull in most situations than other weapons.

Okay, before we continue, I want to point out that i was never disagreeing with you.

there are plenty of frames that can maximize the cernos prime's power. I plan on finalizing my testing by bringing it into a sorty set.

i'm well aware that it's far from the most useful bow, but on the right frame(banshee especially) it can be stronger than the others in terms of dmg output.

imo a charge rate riven would do wonders

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)InfernusXcanis said:

Okay, before we continue, I want to point out that i was never disagreeing with you.

there are plenty of frames that can maximize the cernos prime's power. I plan on finalizing my testing by bringing it into a sorty set.

i'm well aware that it's far from the most useful bow, but on the right frame(banshee especially) it can be stronger than the others in terms of dmg output.

imo a charge rate riven would do wonders

But there we are again at the core issue. Banshe is, like Chroma, a frame that can increase the damage done. I expect the bow to work in that case, but, and thats my point, other weapons do this too. Its no sign of quality when a weapon works on frames that are capable of pushing damage up.

The question for me regarding the Cernos Prime is simple. Do i want a weapon that requires several hits and misses half of its projectiles to kill a group, or will i rather use a weapon that kills them in half the time in a way more effective way? The multishot on the weapon is nice, but i found the number of situations where it is beneficial just way to low.

2 hours ago, Xebov said:

But there we are again at the core issue. Banshe is, like Chroma, a frame that can increase the damage done. I expect the bow to work in that case, but, and thats my point, other weapons do this too. Its no sign of quality when a weapon works on frames that are capable of pushing damage up.

The question for me regarding the Cernos Prime is simple. Do i want a weapon that requires several hits and misses half of its projectiles to kill a group, or will i rather use a weapon that kills them in half the time in a way more effective way? The multishot on the weapon is nice, but i found the number of situations where it is beneficial just way to low.

Any infested mission, my riven cernos p does 10k elemental and 5k impact (with inate punch through) also shoots 12 arrows at once. 6 on top of 6 (this happened when i rolled a 92% multi shot).  Often I hit the enemies with 4 arrows sometimes 5 arrows at once (10-15 meters) U dont need range when your hitting a groups of enemies with 3-4 arrows at once, in my opinion. I love it with my Loki Prime. Also flight speed also helps negate the static 3 shot. It really is a shotgun bow. 

The Riven with the right roll makes vary viable. Cant tell you how nany times in a Sortie Spy Eximus Strong hold I "one" lvl 110 wardens.  The rakta cant do that. just saying

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Any infested mission, my riven cernos p does 10k elemental and 5k impact (with inate punch through) also shoots 12 arrows at once. 6 on top of 6 (this happened when i rolled a 92% multi shot).  Often I hit the enemies with 4 arrows sometimes 5 arrows at once (10-15 meters) U dont need range when your hitting a groups of enemies with 3-4 arrows at once, in my opinion. I love it with my Loki Prime. Also flight speed also helps negate the static 3 shot. It really is a shotgun bow. 

The Riven with the right roll makes vary viable. Cant tell you how nany times in a Sortie Spy Eximus Strong hold I "one" lvl 110 wardens.  The rakta cant do that. just saying

THANK YOU!