Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Seen More Hate Speech in 2 Days than Past 2 Years

ssh83

8 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I know many Warframe players dislike it, and it's not all about me.

Selfish? There's people who despise certain gamemodes in pve too. How boring, it's another defense mission. Spy? Are they for real. Another friggin survival, typical DE fashion. How slippery is this slope? Why not just make it a login reward if no one wants to participate.

23 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

Hey man. I get where you are coming from, really I do - but you need to step back a moment and reflect how you are allowing this issue to make you sound in turn. 

"Everyone knows that competitive games have the most toxic communities" is a generalization and paints a massive chunk of gaming as a whole with an incredibly broad brush. There ARE competitive communities with incredibly bad attitudes overall - true. We've all tried out League of Legends at some point right? Doubt I have to explain that one.

But that toxicity and attitude is less about general player attitude and more about the frustration associated with the pressure to preform well versus others. This is magnified by the feeling that you may have ended up on the lesser team - which is a pessimistic assumption people naturally jump to when they feel they are less than well off in a match.

This is a primarily PvE game. Most players ignore the PvP in my experience. So we've got a bunch of guys who mostly leave the game mode alone grinding it for the sake of the event. That alone is frustrating enough for a portion of us to be extra salty. Add to that the other common tribulations of the PvP battlefield like the feelings we get from preformance pressure, teammate troubles and latency issues and you get a melting pot of mad. Some people skip salty and upgrade right to boardwalk fries

Uh.. pressure? Go in and sit on your rear for 30 minutes, and collect rewards. Yep.. thats soo much pressure.

Next year. I want DE to do a tactical alert. Where you have to be MR 15 to enter, Have to face level 500 mobs with your fists only. Second part you Have to do a Boss run. (EACH and every boss) at level 300. with debuffs for players, swords only. And on the third part of the tactical alert, you have to go into pvp and win 50 matches.

OH and at the End you have to face 12 Forms of Zunuka that are level 200 with all sorts of buffs. (all 12 at one time) These will be Alad V's Reindeer! and ofcourse a level 500 Alad V dressed as Santa!
Lets see you all whine and complain. Would make me happy.

Then the pressure will be on. and all the elitist's will be out in force!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Selfish? There's people who despise certain gamemodes in pve too. How boring, it's another defense mission. Spy? Are they for real. Another friggin survival, typical DE fashion. How slippery is this slope? Why not just make it a login reward if no one wants to participate.

You're never going to please everyone, but choosing an option that you know will annoy the majority of your players is not a good plan when it comes to events.

I find it funny that people are complaining about this. I mean seriously, its a friggin' snowball fight and you get the rewards no matter if you lose or win. Do you do this at your work or in your social life? I don't do conclave at all and yet its fun to just through and throw a snowball or wack around a candy cane. People need to stop making it so complicated. This has no affect on you as a player in PVE. If someone makes a big deal out it, there is a button called ignore. Happy holidays and good will towards mankind.....

Edited by PaleDream

15 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

As is, I'm being told to accept the pity prize and not bother opening my mouth. Is that the message you want to give?

It's a holiday event. It's a pity prize either way. I don't remember last year being some 1000 hour endurance run where only the best Santa's helpers got paid. Although some people couldn't handle standing on a pumpkin on Halloween so moot point.

28 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

You're never going to please everyone, but choosing an option that you know will annoy the majority of your players is not a good plan when it comes to events.

Is this really the majority or vocal minority? Warframe was doomed years ago and it's death knell was update xx according to the town criers. You already said it yourself, you're not going to please everyone. At least it's not another stupid 20 round defense mission.

5 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I don't have sources to hand, but I'm pretty sure whenever DE have shared stats about what people do in Warframe, conclave is a tiny percentage of all activity.

I honestly don't remember where I was going with that, I'm pretty distracted right now.

I just don't see this alert as a negative. They introduced something new and ran with it rather than letting it stagnate and reuse something from last year. Conclave isn't going anywhere and it's already has hybrid versions in pve as well. Rathuum is exactly like conclave and Index will be yet another (not) pvp mode.

17 hours ago, Snowyamur9 said:

PvP also shows that humans want to prove themselves better than others, and Conclave (for now) accomplishes that. Warframe for PvE is so much more peaceful and less toxic than Conclave, and that's in its nature.

I've played a solid 15 matches of this snowball frenzy (about 7 the first day, 8 the third day, missed the second day) and tbh I was probably the most "toxic" or vocal about it in my groups as a PvE player. Granted, the recruit conditioning could be better since I'm only a mistral and every match my team either won or lost by 20+ points, but it was still fun and nobody really seemed upset: everyone tried and the better team won (but at least the losers still get something in a mod). I've seen more vitriol in PvE, as a MR 9-10 at the time I've had at least 5 people go out of their way to tell me they were better than me when they had as many hours as me, and a few telling me to get out of their group and slinging profanities for not having a specific mod on my frame, not having a certain frame, or not having a certain weapon. PvE, from what I saw, can be WAY worse than PvP

On 12/18/2016 at 0:29 PM, ssh83 said:

Everyone knows that competitive games have the most toxic communities.  PvP are the creme of the crop in toxity.

This event underlines that fact. I have seen more hate speech, racial slurs, and out right verbal fights between team mates in past 2 days than i have in past 2 years.

This needs to end.

Good luck.  The world has needed manners for millennia.  But go ahead and try to get it working in Warframe first.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, EmptyDevil said:

You hit the nail on the head with this post.

I only see the PvE players being extremely toxic and salty because they have to participate in Conclave. I honestly think players spent way too much time getting accustomed to beating brain-dead AIs, using crutch-like meta tactics, and ETC in PVE that it gave them something of a high-horse mentality. What happens when something comes along, forcing them to face reality, by chopping the legs off of their high horse? They go tumbling down hard, and they do not like it. Not one bit.

In short, it is hard to actually lose in PvE due to the much lower skill ceiling, caused by several things. PvE players are too use to winning all the time, so when they lose/die repeatedly, they don't know how to take it.

So much truth in this statement.