Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame stuttering / occasional freezes

Sm0kiT

Since the drop of the latest patch (TWW 19.4) I started to get frame stuttering or freezes where the whole image freezes for a millisecond.. and then it returns to normal. When those freezes are not happening my gameplay is smooth and I get a constant framerate of 60FPS. I haven't changed my setup (no hardware changes or software changes). Before 19.4 I had those freezes never happen to me.. so this is the very first time.

My Specs:
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme11
CPU: Intel Core i7 4930K (no OC)
GPU: GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB VRAM
RAM: 16GB Kingston PC3-12800
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB

NVIDIA Driver: 353.06 WHQL

Most of the time I'm playing in windowed mode with a 60Hz refresh rate and VSync to Auto (see screenshot)
LHr3iwv.jpg

Edited by Sm0kiT
Driver information

I am getting something similar to this after 19.4 where I get 60fps in the orbiter, but once in a mission I get frame drops down to 10fps with a few seconds every minute of 60fps. I've tried reinstalling my video card drivers, changed multiple settings with little to no improvements. I've also analyzed and optimized my client and yet this is still occurring.

Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 840M                                                      

RAM: 8GB DDR3

NVIDIA Driver: 376.33

Playing in fullscreen borderless with 60Hz refresh rate and v-sync on.

when are these issues occurring? if in Missions, then i would recommend a Clean Install of your Video Drivers (and in this case, also updating at the same time, yours are quite outdated at this point, much greater than 6 months...............)

use is simple, start in normal or Safe Mode (Safe Mode is recommended but some people don't bother). standard Clean and Restart.
then install Video Drivers. Restart again.
and you're done.

it tends to be easier to have the Driver you're going to install already downloaded and ready to go before you do this. avoid launching applications or moving things if possible before installing the new Driver. if you do, once you've installed the Driver again and restarted the second time (or third if you opt to use Safe Mode), everything will be back to normal automatically.

Stuttering and intermittent freezing is by large, a Software Conflict issue, generally Drivers.
if a Clean Install doesn't help, the issue likely lies with conflicts with other software you have. not necessarily with Warframe either, conflicts with core aspects of the machine could affect as well.

oh, your Launcher Settings may prove useful here, as it looks like you're not running Warframe in the mode you should be for having a not potato computer.

Edited by taiiat

Thank you for the answer. First thing I'm gonna do is update my video card driver and then do some testing ingame... and yes those freezes occur in missions.

My launcher settings look like this:
eJqIAVl.jpg

But I think there's nothing wrong with them.. still I'm wondering why these issues occured right after patch 19.4 hit.. before that everything was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is still relevant. My сonfiguration: Core I7 3630QM, 8GB RAM, GT 640M Stock (Boost 1100 MHz VCore & VRAM). Up to 19.5 upgrade everything worked smoothly. Now, after about 10 minutes of the game FPS drops from 60 to 10-15. And if collapse game client using the ALT + TAB back and expand, FPS briefly returns to 60 and then falls again. Tried all that is possible, nothing works.

I swaer this will nevr be fixed I had this problem 3 years ago when I started warframe. 1 year ago when I picked it up. and now I have it again.

It is nvidia driver problem ore some kind of system that hasn't changed since then. And i always had a newer pc tpp try. 

GTX 6XX

GTX 7XX

and now GTX980

and I still have the same freez sometimes even my whole pc crashes

( I even switched CPUS mainboard and sound. I swear it is the nvidia graphic card. Might as well switch too AMD then.

7 hours ago, RedScaledOne said:

I even switched CPUS mainboard and sound. I swear it is the nvidia graphic card. Might as well switch too AMD then.

I don't know what the cause of your problem is. However, I know for sure it's not specifically due to Nvidia. I've played this game on three different systems with 5 Nvidia GPUs, including running in 2-way and 3-way SLI. A clan mate of mine also has played this game with several different Nvidia cards with almost no issues.

I've only had a few problems due to DE Hotfixes here and there. All were resolved in a few hours to a couple of days with new updates.

On 1/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, cx-dave said:

I don't know what the cause of your problem is. However, I know for sure it's not specifically due to Nvidia. I've played this game on three different systems with 5 Nvidia GPUs, including running in 2-way and 3-way SLI. A clan mate of mine also has played this game with several different Nvidia cards with almost no issues.

I've only had a few problems due to DE Hotfixes here and there. All were resolved in a few hours to a couple of days with new updates.

I actually fixed it today.

I just played for 2 days without rpoblem..

I used MSI after Burner. And changed the speed of my GPU Fans made it 10% higher.

16 hours ago, RedScaledOne said:

I actually fixed it today.

I just played for 2 days without rpoblem..

I used MSI after Burner. And changed the speed of my GPU Fans made it 10% higher.

That's a strange one. Normally the firmware should regulate the card sufficiently on its own if  your problem was related to thermal management.