FullSupport

Tactical Alert Rant (Snowday Showdown)

78 posts in this topic

Seems like there was more problems with this alert. Can any DE staff reply about that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stratos emblems being rewarded? How? Rng? Each time you got the reward? An unspecified number of extra matches?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I wouldn't mind being able to get the reactor I was locked out of....couldn't care less about the emblems but the reactor would have been nice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

Stratos emblems being rewarded? How? Rng? Each time you got the reward? An unspecified number of extra matches?

Every reward would give you an emblem. So the total was 4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MystMan said:

Every reward would give you an emblem. So the total was 4.

Ah, thanks, I got them all then. It's a bit weird that there's no mention of it at all though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sophista said:

... its not their fault players were unaware of "right in your face announcement"
If you want it back, find better reason.

Awards being invisible and unannounced sounds like a pretty good reason to me. For the past 1.5 year, all the 30 previous alerts once finished would have an unlocked extra hard / endurance mission that gave the stratos emblem. This one didn't, being about conclave, soooo......

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MystMan said:

Awards being invisible and unannounced sounds like a pretty good reason to me. For the past 1.5 year, all the 30 previous alerts once finished would have an unlocked extra hard / endurance mission that gave the stratos emblem. This one didn't, being about conclave, soooo......

Yes, that's why i think it should be extended now that everyone knows about all of the rewards.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha?... Wh... Screw that thing, geez. What's the point of the stratos emblem? Small, barely visible part of it changes it looks? One of the most useless long running rewards... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find something irrelevant, therefore it is irrelevant for everybody else.

That's not how it works. People all have their own personal value of things.

And in an ever-changing game like Warframe, what can be sucky today can be awesome tomorrow. What if one day they decide to make a Stratos emblem, just as big as the Syndicate's?  It won't be so small and barely visible anymore.

I don't expect them to restart this event but at least we are reminding them this way to not forget to properly list rewards in the future.
I've heard of stealth-nerfing, but stealth-rewarding?  That's a first.

Edited by MystMan
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, 2 years ago I missed one tactical alert.... could you restart?..

 

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is about this event the matchmaking was so broken (no one ever joined) that it wasn't even worth it to try and play anymore. Even if they did restart I wouldn't want to wait an hour and have no one join for just an emblem. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I missed out on a Stratos for the first time ever *sigh*

But Conclave so.

nope. nope. nope.. nope...nope...nope... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a better idea. Set that Tactical Alert on fire and launch it into the void, never to be seen again.

I did the whole thing assuming that it would have a Stratos Emblem because I figured most Tactical Alerts do

...but it was agony.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about to create a post to this effect & found yours, completely agree, in the past it was displayed that the tactical gave the emblem & you were mailed it. Very disappointed DE

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've merged a couple threads with the sentiment 'Stratos Emblem as a reward wasn't communicated, nor did it follow rules because you could get a new one each day, etc'.

This is a problem, we agree. After talking with the team we are reverting all Stratos Emblems as they have always been associated with the Challenge mode at the end of previous Tactical Alerts. We'll let you know when we run the script, it will affect all who got this unintended item. Sorry for the frustration.

21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The only reason I did the 8 conclave snowday showdown things was for the stratos emblems, lol. As personally I really don't enjoy pvp/conclave and the 10 minutes per 3 matches each day was pretty painful, but did it anyway just for the stratos, 4 hours spent over all so rip.

Thought it was pretty obvious though honestly, tactical alerts give stratos emblems, so I did it regardless of how obvious it was or was not communicated.

Edited by A7xConnor
11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I've merged a couple threads with the sentiment 'Stratos Emblem as a reward wasn't communicated, nor did it follow rules because you could get a new one each day, etc'.

This is a problem, we agree. After talking with the team we are reverting all Stratos Emblems as they have always been associated with the Challenge mode at the end of previous Tactical Alerts. We'll let you know when we run the script, it will affect all who got this unintended item. Sorry for the frustration.

So we will actualy downgrade 8 stratos emblem rank if we got them from the snowday showdown ?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

So we will actualy downgrade 8 stratos emblem rank if we got them from the snowday showdown ?

Seems like, quick, take screenshots to remember the awesomeness. Screw those of us that did it for that very reason.

Edited by Shadow8600
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So if I already have sigil I got literally nothing besides anger and useless rep?

Another 10x4x2 minutes of my holiday life have wasted again.

I expect these Stratos Emblem could worth something but now I realized I was wrong, what a great 'not intended' reason for our effort.

Edited by VCaptiion
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....... now I can say: "I did the Snowday Showdown just for the sigils and the glyphs.......... and of cource the orokin potatoes.

It would be nice to know beforehand that there is only one Stratos Emblem for the event. Couldn't you make it two because the event was split in 2 parts?

 The rewards sure are nice but I really wanted those 8 Stratos Emblems.

4 hours of conclave mainly wasted.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I've merged a couple threads with the sentiment 'Stratos Emblem as a reward wasn't communicated, nor did it follow rules because you could get a new one each day, etc'.

This is a problem, we agree. After talking with the team we are reverting all Stratos Emblems as they have always been associated with the Challenge mode at the end of previous Tactical Alerts. We'll let you know when we run the script, it will affect all who got this unintended item. Sorry for the frustration.

Hey, but we have earned it. You can't say "just kidding, it doesn't count now".

It could be not that bad if rewards were good. But no, they all were old reused sigils plus few potatoes. Even last sigil was copypasted from market glyph pack. You guys didn't even bother to recolor it. Old players who already had all these sigils played conclave tactical alerts only because of stratos emblems. Taking them away isn't cool.

Edited by ograzzt
7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A7xConnor said:

The only reason I did the 8 conclave snowday showdown things was for the stratos emblems, lol. As personally I really don't enjoy pvp/conclave and the 10 minutes per 3 matches each day was pretty painful, but did it anyway just for the stratos, 4 hours spent over all so rip.

Thought it was pretty obvious though honestly, tactical alerts give stratos emblems, so I did it regardless of how obvious it was or was not communicated.

Stratos emblems were specifically marked each time prior to earning them. I only did the Snowdowns 3 of the 8 times (due to not having certain sigils).

I even asked via Twitter "If this is a TacAlert, then where is my Stratos Emblem?" and I never received a response dictating it was included in the completions.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I've merged a couple threads with the sentiment 'Stratos Emblem as a reward wasn't communicated, nor did it follow rules because you could get a new one each day, etc'.

This is a problem, we agree. After talking with the team we are reverting all Stratos Emblems as they have always been associated with the Challenge mode at the end of previous Tactical Alerts. We'll let you know when we run the script, it will affect all who got this unintended item. Sorry for the frustration.

NOOOOO! this the the only reason I suffered 30 minutes of humiliation every day the tactical alert was up.  It got so bad that I hit a person with snowballs 3 times, and then they teleport and kill me.

T_T time waste.  Now i hate conclave so much more

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.