Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert Rant (Snowday Showdown)

FullSupport

4 hours ago, Sophista said:

... its not their fault players were unaware of "right in your face announcement"
If you want it back, find better reason.

Awards being invisible and unannounced sounds like a pretty good reason to me. For the past 1.5 year, all the 30 previous alerts once finished would have an unlocked extra hard / endurance mission that gave the stratos emblem. This one didn't, being about conclave, soooo......

2 hours ago, MystMan said:

Awards being invisible and unannounced sounds like a pretty good reason to me. For the past 1.5 year, all the 30 previous alerts once finished would have an unlocked extra hard / endurance mission that gave the stratos emblem. This one didn't, being about conclave, soooo......

Yes, that's why i think it should be extended now that everyone knows about all of the rewards.

I find something irrelevant, therefore it is irrelevant for everybody else.

That's not how it works. People all have their own personal value of things.

And in an ever-changing game like Warframe, what can be sucky today can be awesome tomorrow. What if one day they decide to make a Stratos emblem, just as big as the Syndicate's?  It won't be so small and barely visible anymore.

I don't expect them to restart this event but at least we are reminding them this way to not forget to properly list rewards in the future.
I've heard of stealth-nerfing, but stealth-rewarding?  That's a first.

Edited by MystMan

• 2 weeks later...

I've merged a couple threads with the sentiment 'Stratos Emblem as a reward wasn't communicated, nor did it follow rules because you could get a new one each day, etc'.

This is a problem, we agree. After talking with the team we are reverting all Stratos Emblems as they have always been associated with the Challenge mode at the end of previous Tactical Alerts. We'll let you know when we run the script, it will affect all who got this unintended item. Sorry for the frustration.

The only reason I did the 8 conclave snowday showdown things was for the stratos emblems, lol. As personally I really don't enjoy pvp/conclave and the 10 minutes per 3 matches each day was pretty painful, but did it anyway just for the stratos, 4 hours spent over all so rip.

Thought it was pretty obvious though honestly, tactical alerts give stratos emblems, so I did it regardless of how obvious it was or was not communicated.

Edited by A7xConnor

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I've merged a couple threads with the sentiment 'Stratos Emblem as a reward wasn't communicated, nor did it follow rules because you could get a new one each day, etc'.

This is a problem, we agree. After talking with the team we are reverting all Stratos Emblems as they have always been associated with the Challenge mode at the end of previous Tactical Alerts. We'll let you know when we run the script, it will affect all who got this unintended item. Sorry for the frustration.

So we will actualy downgrade 8 stratos emblem rank if we got them from the snowday showdown ?

7 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

So we will actualy downgrade 8 stratos emblem rank if we got them from the snowday showdown ?

Seems like, quick, take screenshots to remember the awesomeness. Screw those of us that did it for that very reason.

Edited by Shadow8600

So if I already have sigil I got literally nothing besides anger and useless rep?

Another 10x4x2 minutes of my holiday life have wasted again.

I expect these Stratos Emblem could worth something but now I realized I was wrong, what a great 'not intended' reason for our effort.

Edited by VCaptiion

So....... now I can say: "I did the Snowday Showdown just for the sigils and the glyphs.......... and of cource the orokin potatoes.

It would be nice to know beforehand that there is only one Stratos Emblem for the event. Couldn't you make it two because the event was split in 2 parts?

The rewards sure are nice but I really wanted those 8 Stratos Emblems.

4 hours of conclave mainly wasted.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hey, but we have earned it. You can't say "just kidding, it doesn't count now".

It could be not that bad if rewards were good. But no, they all were old reused sigils plus few potatoes. Even last sigil was copypasted from market glyph pack. You guys didn't even bother to recolor it. Old players who already had all these sigils played conclave tactical alerts only because of stratos emblems. Taking them away isn't cool.

Edited by ograzzt

1 hour ago, A7xConnor said:

The only reason I did the 8 conclave snowday showdown things was for the stratos emblems, lol. As personally I really don't enjoy pvp/conclave and the 10 minutes per 3 matches each day was pretty painful, but did it anyway just for the stratos, 4 hours spent over all so rip.

Thought it was pretty obvious though honestly, tactical alerts give stratos emblems, so I did it regardless of how obvious it was or was not communicated.

Stratos emblems were specifically marked each time prior to earning them. I only did the Snowdowns 3 of the 8 times (due to not having certain sigils).

I even asked via Twitter "If this is a TacAlert, then where is my Stratos Emblem?" and I never received a response dictating it was included in the completions.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

NOOOOO! this the the only reason I suffered 30 minutes of humiliation every day the tactical alert was up.  It got so bad that I hit a person with snowballs 3 times, and then they teleport and kill me.

T_T time waste.  Now i hate conclave so much more

7 minutes ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

NOOOOO! this the the only reason I suffered 30 minutes of humiliation every day the tactical alert was up.  It got so bad that I hit a person with snowballs 3 times, and then they teleport and kill me.

T_T time waste.  Now i hate conclave so much more

Same. Looks like we got trolled twice.

And yep, conclave sucks unless you're hosting, in which case it's godmode.