The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everyone hate the PvP alert

(PSN)poonugget99

As a Conclave player....I honestly can't tell you lol.
It honestly kind of sucks seeing posts like in General Discussion now (i.e. "Remove Conclave") when we're just doing our own thing not hurting anyone.

I'm cool with people not liking it and all, but there's no need for some people lately to go out of there way to say that it doesn't belong in the game and such. If anything I'd rather people make thoughtful posts on why they "hate" it and what do they think could be improved upon.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

1 minute ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

As a Conclave player....I can't really tell you lol.

It honestly kind of sucks seeing posts like in General Discussion now (i.e. "Remove Conclave") when we're just doing our own thing not hurting anyone. 

I agree, again I've never been into PvP as I'm naturally terrible at it, but I'm not trying to get it removed 

Let people have their fun!!!!

I think, most are just afraid that Conclave will eventually become unseparated from the PvE or even become the main thing in Warframe. Maybe they're also afraid that it will attract more and more people who play games for the PvP into Warframe, eventually making it so the Devs have to focus more and more on PvP, eventually turning this into another PvP game.

PS: a nice video on this topic:

Spoiler

There are many issues with conclave as a whole. The biggest complaints being either the hitboxes, cheese tactics or the connection. Warframe's netcode isn't very well suited for what conclave requires to be fair and balanced based on connectivity. The host of the game will always have an advantage. Unless playing on dedicated servers, then obviously whoever has the lowest ping has a slight advantage. There is also the issue of high pingers, who basically have a hitbox that lags behind them, making seemingly hits on target completely miss by a mile. Conclave, fun for some, or a pain in the bum.

Edited by Harper

Well, the hate and overreaction is drama for the sake of drama.    As to disliking the event, there are a couple reasons.   Its being forced to play a game mode we are not fond of for event items.   Secondly, not telling players that they counted towards the Stratos Badge.  

6 minutes ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

I agree, again I've never been into PvP as I'm naturally terrible at it, but I'm not trying to get it removed 

Let people have their fun!!!!

Exactly lol.

I'm totally cool with people not liking the game and/or hating it, it's just a part of me wishes the discussions were less....aggressive.
I mean honestly, most people I run into Conclave aren't like angry savages looking for blood lol. Most have been extremely nice and helpful. We're all on the same team when it comes to the main game and Conclave (and hell even the Archwing community), or so to speak haha.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

This game mode is the first time I've ever tried proper fighting pvp (aka not lunaro)

I dislike the mobility.

I dislike the healthbar. What's the point of having one if it takes 0.0001 seconds for someone to KO you when you're at full health? Every single fight I've been in has been "dance for 30 seconds, earn a health advantage 100-50 against your enemy, then they out of the blue instakill you". Why is there such a humongous variance with the scythe- sometimes it oneshots, sometimes it does 5 damage. Why does bullet jumping also randomly cause damage. What's the point of having all the health packs restore 30 when snowballs do 50?

I dislike the lag

I dislike no powers, no weapons, no anything you've earned throughout your entire warframe career being completely useless.

I dislike the map designs which quite clearly were built around not having this level of mobility

I dislike each match taking 10 minutes

I dislike the spawning algorithm which seems to put you as far away as physically possible from your teammates

I dislike the snowing weather effects (that happen indoors for whatever reason) which cause a massive frame rate dip

I dislike spawning in the middle of a match (the first game I played I thought it was free for all and went 11-4 playing extremely passively/defensively)

I dislike the absence of a tutorial to any of the game modes. What is Oro? Why am I annihilating Oro? I've played 10+ games at this point and still do not know.

overall I rate this event 3/5. The rewards are very boring and the game mode is just "play normal conclave but everyone gets the same snowballs and clunky scythe".

Unstable game mode that hardly anyone plays, check.

A prize that is usually in the cash shop, check.

The terrible weapons is just a bonus.

This technique we call the reverse plunger. Forcing players back into a game-mode to make it appear like people actually play the terrible thing.

Because pvp players make up 2% of the playerbase, around 520,000 players, nobody wants to be forced to play that dead game mode.

Last time I tried to play team annihilation I waited 30min for players to join then gave up.
I only even attempted to play it because I wanted to try to get that armor set from Teshin.

It was fun for all of 5 mins, there is only so much of people jumping around like rabbits on steroids with m1 bound to scroll wheel lagging all over the place that I can take as "fun".

I'm not sorry to say that i just joined and ran to middle to die in hope that it would be over in less than 10mins :(

Now if it had been operators only mode with way less bullet jumping around and better flater more open maps then it might have been a different story. So many re-used old assets it was really put together with the very minimum of effort. Now snow ball battles in old guild wars (1) where a laugh :)

Honestly I think most Tenno are very open to PVP being around as long as it doesn’t affect them.

Did I play the first round/game yes and I just don’t like PVP in general.

Got my little sigel and thought great don’t have to do that again, next day new sigel and I thought can’t be bothered one day was enough.

Do I think this was a good idea, no

A better idea I think would have been to do something like the index preview with snowballs

I just think people need to expand their horizons or at least be grateful that they just have to play the match 3 times and not win it.

This by far is one of the easiest alerts

and @spacedkadet i need you on ps4 so you can die in my hands i mean help each other. I'll help you pass your time :heart::cool:

Edited by (PS4)lmysterie